How could I have discovered this so late?

Started by Arrowayes, June 26, 2022, 10:46:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrowayes

I'm 42 years old and I'm discovering The Cure. For some reason I listened to it in my teens and thought it wasn't for me; like it was something alternative for special people.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm so excited about this band and have decided to cover "Pictures of You" at their gig at EXIT Festival 2019.

I'm not good with staccato but I've done my best! --> https://youtu.be/jcqnq_GreOI

All that's left now is to find tickets for one of their concerts. THAT is going to be difficult  :D

dsanchez

Welcome to curefans.com! glad you found us and we found you, it's never too late! :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Arrowayes

Thank you @dsanchez !

By the way, I have to say that I am also surprised with Robert Smith guitar skills. It seems like he is playing simple lines but he is so darn precise doing the staccato (repeatedly hitting the string from up->down only). Hats off to him!

Ulrich

Welcome to the forum.  :cool

I agree, Robert is an underrated guitarist!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Welcome. Better late than never!   :)
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Arrowayes

Thank you!

Now I'm looking for tickets but unfortunately all is already sold in Spain. Do you know if they plan to add additional dates to the tour?

dsanchez

Quote from: Arrowayes on June 28, 2022, 16:47:12Do you know if they plan to add additional dates to the tour?

No, no more dates will be added to this tour.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Arrowayes

Ulrich

Quote from: Arrowayes on June 28, 2022, 16:47:12Now I'm looking for tickets but unfortunately all is already sold in Spain.

You might wanna try something like "ebay small ads", where people sell tickets. (Also at offical ticket sellers, some contingents might be for sale a bit later - once the setting of the stage etc. is known, more seats might be available for example.)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...