2023.06.16 Montreal, QC QC Bell Centre (Canada)

Started by dsanchez, March 11, 2023, 20:31:20

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

https://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2023-06-16.php

Alone
Pictures Of You
A Fragile Thing
A Night Like This
Lovesong
And Nothing Is Forever
Three Imaginary Boys
Burn
Kyoto Song
Push
Play For Today
A Forest
Shake Dog Shake
From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
Endsong

I Can Never Say Goodbye
It Can Never Be The Same
At Night
Plainsong
Disintegration

Lullaby
Six Different Ways
The Walk
Friday I'm In Love
Close To Me
Why Can't I Be You?
In Between Days
Just Like Heaven
Boys Don't Cry
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Review & some good photos:
https://bestkeptmontreal.com/its-friday-and-im-in-love-with-the-cure/

QuoteOn Friday iconic goth pop alt rock legends The Cure played the first of two shows at the Bell Center and it was indeed a love fest! From start to finish the crowd showered the band with affection and it was very much reciprocated. The normally shy and enigmatic Robert Smith was all smiles as they delivered a mammoth set that clocked in at just less than 3 hours.

For a band known for being so gloomy they sure were having a lot of fun! Robert was very chatty, frequently talking to the crowd between songs in an adorable bubbly effervescent way. Although it was really hard to follow what he was saying! He even joked about how he was just rambling incoherently.

At 64 years old his singing voice was still as exquisite & expressive as ever, causing the audience to swoon repeatedly throughout the concert! The return of Perry Bamonte into the band as third guitarist & second keyboardist has freed Smith up to focus on vocals. For many of the songs he put down his guitar and danced all across the stage, connecting with each section of the audience.

The set list was everything one could have hoped for, covering the entire span all the way back to 1979. It was a great blend of their hits alongside deep cuts from the earlier albums.

The new songs were surprisingly great! A very impressive feat for a band that has been around for so long. The song that really stood out is I Can Never Say Goodbye with its haunting lyrics about "Something wicked this way comes". It certainly shows that this band still has some great tunes left in them. Ultimately it's just astonishing what an amazing & diverse back catalogue they have. After a three hour performance there were easily at least 20 more songs that I would have loved to hear.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...