2023.06.20 New York, NY Madison Square Garden (USA)

Started by dsanchez, March 11, 2023, 20:32:07

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

This is my research for those in Europe or other parts of the Americas who want to make it to New York. The budget below assumes a 5-night stay and is about €2,000

Roundtrip ticket Amsterdam/NY/Amsterdam: €500 (via KLM)
Hotel x5 nights: € 700 (this could be a bit cheaper e.g. if you decide to stay in a share bedroom)
The Cure x3: €300 (this is what I am expecting it will cost)
Food etc: €500
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

madspark

Just got my tickets. This will be the first concert at Madison Square Garden.
Shows Of A Lost World Tour 2023
2023.06.18 Boston, MA Xfinity Center (USA)

dsanchez

Wanted to try this one, but no way I am going to NYC to see The Cure seating. I never such a demand in any other tour since perhaps London RAH in 2011?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: madspark on March 15, 2023, 16:01:57Just got my tickets. This will be the first concert at Madison Square Garden.

what kind of place did you get?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Meursc9

I'm going to the MSG show on 6/20, possibly 6/21 as well depending on obtaining another ticket. Going alone, have to fly in to NY. I know no one so if anyone has any advice in terms of the best places to stay and eat let me know!
Looking forward to an amazing show!

dsanchez

sharing tips @CureFanDoc shared on Twitter:

QuoteDepends on 1) your budget 2) your comfort with subway travel 3) your taste in city experience. Stay south of 23rd in Chelsea, West Village, East Village, near Hudson, or Washington Square Park. The area around MSG is ugly and anything above 34th is lame. also Willaimsburg, Greenpoint, Bushwick are cool and off the L train (Brooklyn). But saying in Manhattan is probably best for a short stay

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

madspark

We live in Connecticut about 2 hours away so we likely taking Metro North train from New Haven, CT.

Shows Of A Lost World Tour 2023
2023.06.18 Boston, MA Xfinity Center (USA)

Ulrich

https://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2023-06-20.php

Alone
Pictures Of You
A Fragile Thing
Kyoto Song
A Night Like This
Lovesong
And Nothing Is Forever
Three Imaginary Boys
Burn
Push
Play For Today
A Forest
Shake Dog Shake
From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
Endsong

I Can Never Say Goodbye
It Can Never Be The Same
At Night
Plainsong
Disintegration

Lullaby
Six Different Ways
The Walk
Friday I'm In Love
Close To Me
Why Can't I Be You?
In Between Days
Just Like Heaven
Boys Don't Cry
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Reviews & photos:

QuoteTheir nearly-three-hour, 29-song set began at 9:12 PM and finished shortly before midnight. It technically had two encores, but it really felt like the main set and first encore was one complete set, and then they returned for a second portion of the night, a celebratory coda filled with a chunk of their greatest hits. Both portions of the night were equally rewarding in their own very different ways.

The whole set felt very intentional and very artistic, with sequences and song choices that geared towards creating a specific vibe, not necessarily towards inciting crowd singalongs. The new songs all sound genuinely great, and they worked perfectly next to the band's '80s material. Robert Smith & co. -- veteran Cure bassist Simon Gallup; longtime members Roger O'Donnell (keyboards), Perry Bamonte (keys, guitars), and Jason Cooper (drums); and guitarist Reeves Gabrels (formerly of David Bowie's band Tin Machine) -- still know how to capture the same otherworldly sounds that this band began crafting over 40 years ago, and Robert's voice sounds as strong and iconic as ever.

The show gives me hope that a new album from The Cure will be worth the wait, and it also served as a reminder that there's no band in the world like this one. No band emerged out of goth and post-punk and went on to master pop perfection and go off on psychedelic trips the way this band does. They're still so timeless, they bring people from all different walks of life together, and it feels like they're one of the biggest cult bands in the world. They do have the hits portion, but it's hard to think of many bands that can pack out three-night arena runs and then play two hours of moody deep cuts and unreleased songs while keeping the crowd entranced.

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/the-cure-began-msg-run-with-a-mesmerizing-mix-of-deep-cuts-new-songs-the-hits-pics-review/

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2023/06/the-cure-at-madison-square-garden-review-a-heartbreaking-marathon-of-despair-and-joy.html

https://therockrevival.com/concert-reviews/the-cure-review-live-photos-madison-square-garden-june-20-2023/
The holy city breathed like a dying man...