"In Between Days. The Cure in photographs 1982 - 2005" by Tom Shehaan

Started by AriannaFlood, July 29, 2016, 16:31:51

Previous topic - Next topic

AriannaFlood

The Flood Gallery, in collaboration with celebrated music photographer Tom Shehaan, have just released a photographic book charting over 3 decades of The Cure history: "In Between Days. The Cure in photographs 1982 - 2005" available to pre-order now!

Featuring many previously unseen images, "In Between Days" is divided into three parts focusing on specific phases of their history. Part 1 (1982-84) traces their early travels at home and abroad, also including portraits of Smith's parallel career in Siouxsie & The Banshees and the side-project The Glove. Part 2 (1985-89) highlights their imperial period through a trio of classic albums The Head On The Door, Kiss Me, Kiss Me and Disintegration, including rare behind the scenes images from the celebrate The Cure in Orange concert film. Finally, Part 3 (1990-2005) collects Sheehan's latter portraits of Smith and the group as they cement their status as one of the biggest alternative bands in the world, still touring today.

"In Between Days. The Cure in photographs 1982 – 2005" is a beautiful, strictly limited, Deluxe and Super Deluxe book with 240 pages charting over 20 years in the career of Robert Smith's legendary group.

The Super Deluxe will be a limited edition of 700 with pearlescent hard slip-case which includes 3 unique photos from Tom's archives with a bound-in certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by Tom Sheehan himself. RRP £70.

The Deluxe limited edition of 2500 features the 240 pages hardback book, complete with hardcover slipcase. RRP £48.

Here's the link with more info about the book: http://www.thefloodgallery.com/collections/the-cure-in-between-days

There's going to be a launch/signing event at The Flood Gallery in Greenwich Market (London) in November 2016 (exact date TBA).

**cover & slipcase images are provisional images at the moment, official images coming soon!

dsanchez

hello, thanks a lot for sharing this! please let us know when the event will exactly take place so that we can inform to all Cure fans :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

-:- Elle Lie -:-

I don't think there's already a topic on it.

I bought the super deluxe edition numbered 227.

The photos are very beautiful, we can see the evolution of Robert over 23 years. This book is a real treasure of memories...

According to Honoré De Balzac, "l'amour est un trésor de souvenirs". For lack of love  :smth068, for me it's this book  :smth045

dsanchez

It's on my wish list...I will buy it next month, first the one from Lol that will be my Christmas present. But yes, I saw a few of the photos on "In Between Days" and this is definitely a must for any Curefan!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

-:- Elle Lie -:-

Completely agree.

And what is good is that at the end, there is a summary of all the photos with the dates and places of each session. The places can be located wherever they went at that time.
It's really well done.

dsanchez

A friend of mine who was passing by London got this for me. Wonderful photos and a must for any Cure fan. I show this to everyone who comes to my place :)

For those who still didn't get it, you can purchase it here
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

A new book with stunning photos is available for pre-order at amazon.  :o
(The link below leads you to the German site, however. Check this out.)

https://www.amazon.de/dp/1911374133/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

Merging with a previous topic, this book was released two years ago.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

Ooops. I didn't know that. My copy will arrive by the end of May, so this is perhaps a new edition.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)