Bare appreciation thread

Started by GreenGhost, November 21, 2008, 02:13:58

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenGhost

I know Wild Mood Swings gets a lot of bad rap, but who else thinks "Bare" is one of the most beautifully sad songs ever?
and the past is taunting
fear of ghosts
is forcing me apart

www.chimneysweeprecords.com

tigermilk

I love 'Bare' too, it's very beautiful.

In fact, I love the whole album. I know it's not their best, but it's interesting and easy to listen to. The B-Sides are especially fantastic  :smth023

GreenGhost

Yeah, considering WMS has Want, This is a Lie, Jupiter Crash, Treasure in addition to Bare  it's certainly an album worth reckoning with.  A lot of memories attached to these songs just as much as earlier stuff.  Ocean, Adonais, and It Used to Be Me GREAT B-sides I agree.
and the past is taunting
fear of ghosts
is forcing me apart

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Chain Of Flowers

I've always been quite vocal about my disappointment with WMS, however one of the positive things i say is that there are four good songs on it IMO:  Want, This Is A Lie, Treasure and Bare.

Bare is beautiful.  I love the acoustic guitars and string sounds.  It's proably a very under rated song, I've never seen anyone single it out before until now, and I don't think it's one they tend to play live.

GreenGhost

Seriously, I feel like any qualms anybody has about WMS can be forgotten once you get to this song.
and the past is taunting
fear of ghosts
is forcing me apart