Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the real world

Started by dsanchez, December 18, 2007, 22:15:38

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

This is specially dedicated to those who are affected for so childish and insignificant things like the "karma" or wathever.

I think most of us have really NOTHING to complain about

http://www.unicef.de/foto/2007/english/index.htm
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Carnage Visor

Yeah...that does suck. :(

But unfortunately, I'm selfish. I need to bundle myself up in candy-coated words and hugs and be praised and comforted. Otherwise I literally feel hopeless and want nothing more than to die. That's pathetic, is it not?

But that's not too often. With the big X-Mas Rolling around, I hope we all cheer up and enjoy whatever respective holiday we celebrate. No need to be sad around the Holiday season...it's happy time!

I, for one, feel better already!

melly

Quote from: dsanchez on December 18, 2007, 22:15:38
This is specially dedicated to those who are affected for so childish and insignificant things like the "karma" or wathever.

I think most of us have really NOTHING to complain about

http://www.unicef.de/foto/2007/english/index.htm

Whilst most of us realise and are fully aware there are so many horrific things which happen on the planet, apart from voicing our disgust, there is nothing we can do to change the customs, beliefs and religions of other countries. Try as we may, these things are deeply embedded in the cultures, and unless the governments and/or the people scream loudly at the, what we think are, atrocities, it will never change.
What they consider is perfectly normal, we may find archaic and revolting. We can donate money, sign petitions and be enraged. Will it help?? I doubt it, in these "arranged" marriages... we can make bids on guitars, buy a goat for a family, sponsor children... some of us barely get by on what WE have...but we still try to help. To see the atrocities on that page you supplied IS dreadful..I am sure that those of us in the Western world are more than aware and very grateful for the roof over our heads, the food in our stomachs and the clothes on our backs. It saddens and enrages us that children are treated like commodities that can be discarded or abandoned. We are aware of this.
You make reference to "childish" behaviour in the forum re the "karma" issue. Well, the karma issue is the reality in this forum David..as are many and varied topics, from How big is Roberts hair to the shoes he wears.. and everything else in between..
I, for one, do not appreciate the reference you have made, your comments about childish behaviour not sitting well with me at all. Are we not allowed to voice an opinion? And your response is to post a page of cruelty?? At this time of year, there are a lot of sad and lonely people out there, and this forum is THEIR reality. They come here to connect with like minded people; there are many of us who, at family gatherings, will always have that empty chair, reminding us about the one we loved and lost. It is a time when we try so hard to be happier and in a lighter mood for those around us... David, we are aware of the inhumanities, especially at xmas.
OH!! we feel bad..believe me... humans are the cruelest creatures of all.....
and with that, I wish you a merry xmas.
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Lady

Quote from: melly on December 19, 2007, 04:41:27
You make reference to "childish" behaviour in the forum re the "karma" issue. Well, the karma issue is the reality in this forum David..as are many and varied topics, from How big is Roberts hair to the shoes he wears.. and everything else in between..
I, for one, do not appreciate the reference you have made, your comments about childish behaviour not sitting well with me at all. Are we not allowed to voice an opinion? And your response is to post a page of cruelty?? At this time of year, there are a lot of sad and lonely people out there, and this forum is THEIR reality. They come here to connect with like minded people; there are many of us who, at family gatherings, will always have that empty chair, reminding us about the one we loved and lost. It is a time when we try so hard to be happier and in a lighter mood for those around us... David, we are aware of the inhumanities, especially at xmas.
OH!! we feel bad..believe me... humans are the cruelest creatures of all.....
and with that, I wish you a merry xmas.
I agree completely with melly.

I know, there are many big problems in this world (I'd help everyone if I had the chance) and we are lucky people...but we can't always think about this when something annoyes us...

This is a curefans forum, where we can talk about everything not just about the cure, but also about ourselves. There are interesting threads and funny threads...but this is perfect, this must be the spirit of a forum and don't worry, david: I'm sure nobody is losing the sense of "reality" just because talks about "karma", "robert's hair" or "robert's shoes"... :)

And yes, everyone should be free to express their own emotions, without being considering "childish", 'cos often what we consider "silly" or "stupid" is something important for the others... ;)

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

robiola

I wasn't going to write anything, but I was one of the people who was discussing the karma thing last week (as a matter of fact I may have been the first to bring it up, but I'm not sure), so I feel like I'm also being addressed here.
It's all been said well by the girls, the only thing I have to add is that I don't really find it childish to fear that you may have unintentionally offended somebody, since that can happen easily, especially when you tend to kid around a lot, and people can't hear your tone of voice or see your facial expressions. That's what we worry about when we worry about karma, not about other members seeing a higher or lower number beside our name.
That's all -- subject closed as far as I'm concerned! :smth001

dsanchez

I, for one, do not appreciate the reference you have made, your comments about childish behaviour not sitting well with me at all.

Sorry Melly, actually it made me crazy someone sent me a PM complaining about the karma and stuff, and there are so many real problems out there that it just made me crazy.

Are we not allowed to voice an opinion?

Everyone has right to. And that's why you're free to disagree and I'm free to (also) say what I think.

I'm sorry if it was little rude. This message was specially directed to someone who was complaing about this karma issue (this person sent me a PM), yet this person was smiting lot of others, which does not make sense at all to me.

Peace.

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Carnage Visor

Why is it whenever there's a problem in our lives, there's always someone saying "They have it worse in other countries"?

Everybody has different problems, some might be more harmful, but none more important.
That's a stupid analogy, thinking that way...we all have a right to be sad, and we can't change the way other people function.

dsanchez

Quote from: Carnage Visor on December 19, 2007, 21:40:21
Everybody has different problems, some might be more harmful, but none more important.
That's a stupid analogy, thinking that way...we all have a right to be sad, and we can't change the way other people function.

People should realise sometimes that there are others in the world with serious problems. It's helpful, because sometimes we're worried and sad about such little things when we should realise that we're probably among the luckiest people in the world. That's all.

Maybe living in a developing country makes me have a different view? Because here I can see so many poor people with no water, no light, living with 1US$ per day, and despite of this many times they're happy. And me, with a good job, able to buy, travel, I am maybe unhappy sometimes.

And then I tell myself that I should be GRATEFUL to have the life I have and not complain much, you understand what I mean?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Carnage Visor

No, I really understand and I respect your outlook, Dsanchez.

I totally get it. No problems.  8)

Druide

@David,

Is it possible to buy "the karma points" here?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rocker
...Dancing in my pocket...

dsanchez

Quote from: Druide on December 19, 2007, 23:43:09
@David,

Is it possible to buy "the karma points" here?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rocker

Actually we've got a surprise for all of you guys...and I think we will use another system instead Karma which would be less "controversial" and will help us to qualify better ;)...Some huge changes we will have in Curefans.com in the following weeks ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

LuvURobert

:shock: WOW!  Wish I didn't just read all of those horrific stories about the "real world", which were so nicely accompanied by some f*cking depressing pictures!!!!!  :smth011

That's ok though... yeah, I'm always up for a nice spontaneous outburst of crying lately.   :smth022 Oh and now I'm REALLY feeling motivated to finish off my damn Christmas cards!!

:smth023 :smth023 :smth023 Gotta love it!  :?

We wish you a Merry Christmas
And a Happy F*cking New Year

See... now I'm having a spontaneous outburt of singing!  :smth034
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

melly

Quote from: dsanchez on December 19, 2007, 15:30:26
I, for one, do not appreciate the reference you have made, your comments about childish behaviour not sitting well with me at all.

Sorry Melly, actually it made me crazy someone sent me a PM complaining about the karma and stuff, and there are so many real problems out there that it just made me crazy.

Are we not allowed to voice an opinion?

Everyone has right to. And that's why you're free to disagree and I'm free to (also) say what I think.

I'm sorry if it was little rude. This message was specially directed to someone who was complaing about this karma issue (this person sent me a PM), yet this person was smiting lot of others, which does not make sense at all to me.

Peace.

David.

Thankyou...apology accepted...I TOTALLY understand what you are saying David, totally..hey, we have people in Australia who still live on the streets, homeless and broken...kids prostituting themselves for money for god only knows what...children beaten and abandoned by drug raged parents...it happens and it's so bloody wrong....but sometimes, just maybe once or twice, I have to put my hands to my ears, close my eyes and scream ENOUGH!!!  I cannot take on all the problems which I am so horribly aware of at this time of year...doesn't mean I don't care...but if I did take it all onboard, just now,  (I am only speaking of myself at the moment) I would end up in the foetal position with my thumb in my mouth...
I guess your heading really got me p***ed, but, after reading your replies, my ire has well and truly passed.
Maybe, you should have pointed out exactly why you were moved to post such a thing...about the "smiter" sending you messages..( you guys obviously know who does what!).I am SOOO glad things will be changing re this karma thing...it hasn't been used as you had wanted...and has caused angst amongst the members.

And yes, of course you have every right to speak your mind, as you said, and as we all have!
Have a lovely christmas...I mean it...!! :smth045

Thankyou for your reply, I was expecting to be "slammed" to be honest!!

" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

scatcat

I just noticed this thread today...  :roll:

To keep on topic.. I just recieved a christmas card from my sponser child in Ecuador today. He has been given the chance to attend school, and the community where his family live are now getting fresh water and relief from World Vision.
The first letter I ever recieved , last year from his mother, gave me the warmest feeling and floods of tears.. and I will never forget that. It is priceless.

There is only so many charities one can give to. It is a world of turmoil. Most of us are aware of genocide occuring in other countries, like in Africa.

To be burdened down everyday , watching the news is depressing.

We can help, little by little and by becoming aware of what the rest of the world is like.

Just peace this Christmas.

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life