Your favourite female artist

Started by Lady, September 17, 2007, 18:57:51

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on September 20, 2007, 00:28:27
Well, if you happen to notice my recording over there please let me know.  We can give them a good old rant about how I said to not distribute my master in lossy formats.  I'm sure once we are done bitching them out you'll have enough posts to grant you access  :lol:  Which forum is it anyway?  I need to keep my eyes on them because I'm sure my master will turn up as an mp3 somewhere  :roll: 

now that's an excellent idea to get more posts - although the problem is that i can't watch that forum for poor mp3s surfacing because i don't have enough posts to have access on the download section... also, you'd need to have 150 posts too before you could start ranting. :/ anyway that would be the microcuts forum, english section.
yes i hope the museretards could read this time... there's actually been a bit positive development on the official retard-center (muselive) recently. don't know if you have noticed but some gigs are being upped in flac, thanks to a few patient people there. yet it's a loooong way to go yet...

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 20, 2007, 00:36:22
Quote from: crowbi_wan on September 20, 2007, 00:28:27
Well, if you happen to notice my recording over there please let me know.  We can give them a good old rant about how I said to not distribute my master in lossy formats.  I'm sure once we are done bitching them out you'll have enough posts to grant you access  :lol:  Which forum is it anyway?  I need to keep my eyes on them because I'm sure my master will turn up as an mp3 somewhere  :roll: 

now that's an excellent idea to get more posts - although the problem is that i can't watch that forum for poor mp3s surfacing because i don't have enough posts to have access on the download section... also, you'd need to have 150 posts too before you could start ranting. :/ anyway that would be the microcuts forum, english section.
yes i hope the museretards could read this time... there's actually been a bit positive development on the official retard-center (muselive) recently. don't know if you have noticed but some gigs are being upped in flac, thanks to a few patient people there. yet it's a loooong way to go yet...

Okay, I know that forum (microcuts).  Not very well mind you.  Just happened upon it after the Seattle show.  I was looking for pics and setlists to past shows, but haven't really given the place more than a glance.  From the sound of things I don't think I will be.

japanesebaby

it wasn't always completely bad. it actually used to be pretty decent and there're still a few decent people around there (or used to be the last time i looked) who keep(/kept) bashing all those newcomer/retard-folks pretty nicely, trying to keep some sense in it - but i'm afraid they might have got tired too... that was a shame what happened to that place, the teenage-retards found it and just took over. it's a shame whenever that happens, there's not much one can do about it to stop it. :/

some kick-ass show you had there in seattle, by the way.  :smth023

Carnage Visor

May i just hop on in here?

If you are referring to me, I was more so trying to be funny than seriously judging on looks...
I'm not the shallow type at all, I'm very deep and kind-hearted...not someone who would take advantage of someone's beauty.

I respect female artists like I respect Robert Smith as a talented musician, artist, whatever you want to call him. So I don't think that long back and forth quarrel on my part was neccesary.

There's no sexism here! And as for "teenage retards", I happen to be one of the more devoted users. You cannot place me in the vat of shame because I made a comment about someone's looks, or because I am a youth and a new member. Not all teenagers are the same. I happen to think I have a good head on my shoulders...

That, right there, is stupid as well. I'm not like the other teenagers who try to spam the place up, as I am actually a really avid fan and a dedicated member of the site. I'm a bit new, but please understand that my intentions were not serious. I am a big sillyheart, a big joker.

I do not appreciate to be talked bad about, especially when I have already established that I was simply making a joke, and it honestly hurts me deeply that you'd ever consider me a "teenage retard"

AS if my stupidity wasn't obviously put-on for the sake of being humorous...come on, after 200 posts you should have gotten a pretty good sense of where my intentions are. I am not a shallow person. And I do not want grudges held against me that will last my entire stay on the site.

So please forgive me for whatever you think I did wrong.

japanesebaby

please carnage visor! didn't i originally say "but just a general observation/comtemplation, not a comment to anyone in particular." AND i did mean it too. so i didn't mean to point my comment to anyone in particular, my post was simply just a general remark - like a few people who replied to it also realized and agreed on, if you go up and read the topic since. and even IF my comment should have been directed to anyone in particular, then don't you think that would have been crowbi_wan and not you? because it was crowbi the one posting "iloveyouuuu" smileys right before my post right? yet even he did see that my post not a negative post against him or anyone, just a general comment - and so he also made a joke out of it as you can see. so surely nothing to get hurt about for him, and even less for you!
i wasn't calling anyone HERE a teenager, definitely not a "retard teenager". :!:  and i was referring to some completely other boards tha  this, if the ones i meant need to be named that would be the official site and mfc. also, wasn't i talking about some boards for complete other band too? crowbi and i were joking about muse boards and the silly girls who write all those lovelovelove posts there. that really had nothing to do with you or even with this board whatsoever.
and i don't mean anything even remotely rude by saying this but please maybe do not take everything in this thread (or in this board) too personally - things that people write are not necessarily comment to you or let alone about you. it's a known fact that sometimes misunderstandings happen in internet, for various reasons. yet i cannot see anything here in this post that was somehow meant to hrm or hurt you. so come on, relax. 

about sexism: well i'd just like to repeat that i did say "just a general observation/comtemplation, not a comment to anyone in particular" ok? - so i was talking about things in general only. because considering topics like hits in general, sexism does happen a lot, i guess no one can deny it. that was all i was trying to say there.

japanesebaby

about people wishing you some ill will here or something: i really do think it's pretty much on the contrary. i think a lot of people wrote you supportive comments on this thread, myself included. not sure if you read all those already? but please scroll down towards the end of the thread and have a look:
http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,3652.msg28457.html#msg28457
i think i wrote you another one here:
http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,657.msg28747.html#msg28747
and i actually also meant what i said there.
so why would i be here now trying to laugh at you or hurt you? it would make no sense.
so calm down dude ok and don't feel bad about things that were not meant to be felt that way?
why not please trust us for being here with good intentions only? 
:smth001

j

Funny....just reading through all of these and something came to mind.  When I lived in Ireland, I literally lived right next door to Adam Clayton from U2.  His property and my property were seperated by a fence- that is how close I lived to him.  Anyway, Bono and the Edge live in a coastal town south of Dublin, called Killiney.  It is the French Riviera of Ireland.  It is a beautiful town and the rich folk that live there (Bono, Edge, Van Morrison, Enya) have their homes up in the cliffs overlooking Killiney Bay.  Bono lives on the hill, and Enya lives above him, overlooking his property.  The satellite pic below doesn't really give you an idea of the hill, but the view from the beach sort of does.  The white house is Bono's.  See the castle above it?  That is Enya's.

Cure Freak

Quote from: j on September 20, 2007, 12:23:58
Funny....just reading through all of these and something came to mind.  When I lived in Ireland, I literally lived right next door to Adam Clayton from U2.  His property and my property were seperated by a fence- that is how close I lived to him.  Anyway, Bono and the Edge live in a coastal town south of Dublin, called Killiney.  It is the French Riviera of Ireland.  It is a beautiful town and the rich folk that live there (Bono, Edge, Van Morrison, Enya) have their homes up in the cliffs overlooking Killiney Bay.  Bono lives on the hill, and Enya lives above him, overlooking his property.  The satellite pic below doesn't really give you an idea of the hill, but the view from the beach sort of does.  The white house is Bono's.  See the castle above it?  That is Enya's.
That's fasinating. I didn't know Enya owned a castle. If I ever visit Ireland, I will have to try to take a look there. I adore her.

Another note, I love classical music. And I forgot to mention , one of my favorite classical female musicians, Ofra Harnoy. She plays the cello and doesit beautifully. And guys ,she is pretty.

j

QuoteI didn't know Enya owned a castle

That is deceiving...she built a castle.  It isn't a castle as in 15th century castle.  She bought the land and built a new home in a castle style.  And I'm sure that it burns Bono's ass that when her property overlooks his!

dsanchez

When I lived in Ireland, I literally lived right next door to Adam Clayton from U2.

Wow!..did you get to know him?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Oh my Goooooood!!!!!J, you are my hero!!!!!!!!!! :-D
You have to know that I'm a big big fan of U2, I love them and I'm so envious!!!! ;)
I want your house, eheheh!!!!!! :lol:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

j

Quote from: dsanchez on September 20, 2007, 16:29:41

Wow!..did you get to know him?

No, they were on tour for all but 3 months that I was there, unfortunatley

j

Quote from: Lady on September 20, 2007, 18:38:38
Oh my Goooooood!!!!!J, you are my hero!!!!!!!!!! :-D
You have to know that I'm a big big fan of U2, I love them and I'm so envious!!!! ;)
I want your house, eheheh!!!!!! :lol:

You could have had it in June of last year when we got rid of it and moved back to the US!

japanesebaby

jeff i think you made a grand error for not taking your camcorder and just setting it up to film mr. clayton's house/property 24/7.
i mean you might hav ebeen able to capture some celebrity footage that some "quality" papers  might have been interested in.
i think you really missed a perfect chance to making a few extra dollars there... :smth011

(i mean with that money, who knows if you could have been able to buy a castle overlooking enya's! just think of both bono's AND enya's face there! besides you wouldn't have to work for one single day in your life anymore AND you also could have permanently settled in your beloved ireland. :D)

Carnage Visor

OH MY GOD! Sorry, I would have posted earlier but I just got back from school.

Thanks guys for clearing everything up! On my way home, I was thinking about all the discussions I was partaking in on the site and I remembered how embarassing it was when I perceived the comments to be directed towards me, I was even imagining what kinds of responses I could possibly get from you guys regaurding my apology...I invisioned lots of negative feedback like, "We don't want you here." or "It's too late. You said it and it's over."

But I was genuinely intrigued when I noticed all the supportive comments I got reguarding my little misunderstanding, and I'd like to say I once again apologize for the miscommunication, and I hadn't read the posts carefully, otherwise I would have noticed the sexist comments weren't directed towards me.

Anyway, thanks everybody. And now you may continue the Original topic... :smth023