Your favourite female artist

Started by Lady, September 17, 2007, 18:57:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure Freak

Quote from: j on September 20, 2007, 16:08:48
QuoteI didn't know Enya owned a castle

That is deceiving...she built a castle.  It isn't a castle as in 15th century castle.  She bought the land and built a new home in a castle style.  And I'm sure that it burns Bono's ass that when her property overlooks his!
Ok. Thank you for clarifing. Even though, it's  not a real one, I bet it is lovely. And I would still like to see it.
And it might. lol

j

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 20, 2007, 21:18:39
jeff i think you made a grand error for not taking your camcorder and just setting it up to film mr. clayton's house/property 24/7.
i mean you might hav ebeen able to capture some celebrity footage that some "quality" papers  might have been interested in.
i think you really missed a perfect chance to making a few extra dollars there... :smth011

(i mean with that money, who knows if you could have been able to buy a castle overlooking enya's! just think of both bono's AND enya's face there! besides you wouldn't have to work for one single day in your life anymore AND you also could have permanently settled in your beloved ireland. :D)

Actually...I do have some pics of his house somewhere.  Believe it or not, even though I have been back in the US for 15 months, I am still not completely unpacked.  Our basement is still full of unopened boxes.

Anyway, the last 3 months we were in Ireland, U2 was not on tour.  And literally at 10am and 8pm, a helicoptor would scare the living crap out of me.  My home office was in the back of the house and had a big bay window right next to the desk.  All of a sudden, at 10am and 8pm there would be a loud noise coming over the house and you'd see the coptor about 20 feet above my roof.  It would land on Adam's property.  Not sure if it was picking him up at 10am and dropping him off at 8pm or the opposite.  I have pictures of the helicopter somewhere.

j

I also forgot to mention that the house he lives in (Danesmoate House) is the house U2 rented to record Joshua Tree.

Lady

Anyway I forgot to remind of other female artists that I like:

Patti Smith
Alanis Morrissette (but when she was "rock"...now I don't like her so much... :?)
Kate Bush
Delta Goodrem (a young australian pianist, amazing voice and good musician, I love the sound of the piano! :roll:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKScTGpQ33s
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Carnage Visor

Pat Benatar!  :-D
Classic Alanis...like Jagged Little Pill

Sussex

Quote from: Lady on September 21, 2007, 19:18:15

Alanis Morrissette (but when she was "rock"...now I don't like her so much... :?)

Yeah..'old' Alanis was so cool..She got the attitude at that time.. :smth020

Btw i also love Beth Gibbons of Portishead..
"Thick As Shit"

AlluivialL

Hmm, Dolores O'Riordan of The Cranberries, Natalie Merchant of 10,000 Maniacs, Deborah Harry of Blondie. I'm not much of a female artist fan though, they bug me sometimes.

Ah! and, Sinéad O'Connor of course.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

Carnage Visor

Thanks for reminding me of Debbie! I forgot Deborah Harry!  :eek:

God was she pretty! (Sorry, I'm a guy...what do you expect?)

AlluivialL

Lol yes, she is magnificent, I love her music, it's just so rad.

Carnage Visor

I almost want to start a new thread regaurding 80s musicians then and now, where we could find really unflattering pictures of them now, and really good pictures of them back then to see how much they've let themselves go...

I got reminded of this while cruising for some Debbie pictures and coming across a horrible picture where she looks very old and heavyset...

I don't know, it might be a fun thread to start. :smth020

AlluivialL

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 25, 2007, 00:07:47
I almost want to start a new thread regaurding 80s musicians then and now, where we could find really unflattering pictures of them now, and really good pictures of them back then to see how much they've let themselves go...

I got reminded of this while cruising for some Debbie pictures and coming across a horrible picture where she looks very old and heavyset...

I don't know, it might be a fun thread to start. :smth020

Lol, I think that would be quite interesting, you should.

Carnage Visor

QuoteLol, I think that would be quite interesting, you should.

Consider it done...I'll start it off with Debbie...

AlluivialL

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 25, 2007, 00:27:47
QuoteLol, I think that would be quite interesting, you should.

Consider it done...I'll start it off with Debbie...

Yay, ^_^

Cure Freak

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 24, 2007, 22:56:07
Thanks for reminding me of Debbie! I forgot Deborah Harry!  :eek:

God was she pretty! (Sorry, I'm a guy...what do you expect?)
Blondie rocked. Had one of the best drummers ever.

Meddy

I would have to say first and foremost Siouxsie.  That is just a given.  Second I would have to say Shirley Manson...and third, hmmm...nope those are the only two that come to mind.
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT