Your favourite female artist

Started by Lady, September 17, 2007, 18:57:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Sussex

"Thick As Shit"

Steve

I have to Go with Kate Bush, as a solo artist.

For those backed by bands, then Siouxsie & Debbie Harry take it for me.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

FarFar

miss lady,,,,,

tori amos is quite ok...

for me kt tunstall.... :-D :-D hu hu....
:)

no more madonna... :smth039
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

Carnage Visor

Does that strangely attractive image give you a hint?

Yeah, Kate Bush, Siouxsie, Cyndi Lauper, perhaps even Stevie Nicks...I like 'em eccentric and unique!

Steve

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 19, 2007, 02:25:08

Does that strangely attractive image give you a hint?

Yeah, Kate Bush, Siouxsie, Cyndi Lauper, perhaps even Stevie Nicks...I like 'em eccentric and unique!

Didn't want to say anything. Just wanted the picture on the page again :-D
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Carnage Visor

I love her...she's so eccentric and pretty... 8)

I love bush, and I love Kate Bush!

I could just squeeze her! And eat her up! And live in a tree with her like two eccentric squirrels! And make awkward, tree-squirrel love with her, resulting in Bush-Babies!!!  :lol:

She was just 18 at the time, such a cutie...with a big voice. :smth023

silversand

I would say: Siouxsie, Björk, Kate Bush and Shirley Manson  :)

Carnage Visor

Quote from: silversand on September 19, 2007, 23:09:56
I would say: Siouxsie, Björk, Kate Bush and Shirley Manson  :)

Hehe...I love how you completely disreguarded my last post...very funny! It was kind of a test to see if anyone reads my posts...guess not!

Either that or you secretly agree with me?!!? JK JK JK

crowbi_wan

Without a doubt I would have to say Sarah McLaughlin.  She has one of the most beautiful voices these ears have ever heard.  :smth020  Besides that, she's pretty easy on the eyes  :smth054 :smth055 :smth054 :smth060   

japanesebaby

hehe by the way i think this thread sort of demonstrates pretty well how it's very much ok for guys to like a female artist almost entirely because she just looks good and yet it doesn't make them look like they have bad taste in music - whereas if girls do the same they are just silly teenagers... i mean, if we started a thread "your favorite male artist" then surely every girl should try to avoid saying "i also like him because he looks good", because guys would immediately see it all too silly and complain... i mean, if a female member here would start posting "iloveyouuuu" smileys for robert or anyone else, she'd pretty soon get hinted that she's maybe better switch over to the official site - yet boys can post "iloveyouuuu" smileys without any such fear.
well i guess it just doesn't work both ways in this world... *sigh*

but just a general observation/comtemplation, not a comment to anyone in particular.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 19, 2007, 23:40:50
hehe by the way i think this thread sort of demonstrates pretty well how it's very much ok for guys to like a female artist almost entirely because she just looks good and yet it doesn't make them look like they have bad taste in music - whereas if girls do the same they are just silly teenagers... i mean, if we started a thread "your favorite male artist" then surely every girl should try to avoid saying "i also like him because he looks good", because guys would immediately see it all too silly and complain... i mean, if a female member here would start posting "iloveyouuuu" smileys for robert or anyone else, she'd pretty soon get hinted that she's maybe better switch over to the official site - yet boys can post "iloveyouuuu" smileys without any such fear.

but just a general observation/comtemplation, not a comment to anyone in particular.

Marika, you play the cello, yes?  Maybe you have some audio I could give a listen to that would change my mind and direct the smileys w/ hearts toward you  :P 

Seriously though, I get what you're saying.  There's always been a double standard when it comes to male vs. female issues and such.  I won't deny it and it's certainly unfair.  Tell you what, if you want to add some hearts next time Matthew Bellamy's name is mentioned be my guest.  I won't poke fun at you or point you in the direction of other forums where stupid pictures and the like aren't frowned upon (cough...mfc...cough).     

Cure Freak

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 19, 2007, 23:40:50

Very good point. But, being bi, I could of taken that route, as the males. But I,only consider talent, when I posted my choices.
Enya and Amy Lee are very beautiful. Those eyes of Amy, so appealing. :smth007

japanesebaby

cello? no sorry, never in my life... i play piano, organ (and a little bit cembalo if i really have to!) but no string instruments.

Quote from: crowbi_wan on September 19, 2007, 23:57:32
Tell you what, if you want to add some hearts next time Matthew Bellamy's name is mentioned be my guest.  I won't poke fun at you or point you in the direction of other forums where stupid pictures and the like aren't frowned upon (cough...mfc...cough).     

oooo so you hit the nail on the head hahaha :lol: oh poor mr. bellamy: he's such a funny-looking little midget, now isn't he? he kind of makes me laugh most of the time i see a pic of him but i just have to forgive him all his extreme funny-ness when he starts to play - so i guess i'm a kind of sucker anyway. but what comes to hearts and stuff, well ok i'll be nice and grant him a tiny little heart or two next time he's mentioned, for fairness' sake! such a cute little (funny!!) thing mmmmm hahahaha :lol:)

japanesebaby

this is non-related but just thinking out loud:
actually i wish there was a non-retarded non-teenager-ish muse forum somewhere but obviously these don't exist. if anyone ever sees such a thing out there please do report to me immediately!  :lol:
a story: i once tried hanging on one of them muse forums, because i wanted to get to see their download section. yet, in order to become a full member they insisted you had to be a member for at least three months and have 150 posts minimum. i can assure you i tried really hard but i could just never make it. i simply couldn't stand the daily flood of all new "i love you matthew please marry me!!" threads, not to mention think of anything much to post there. :? wherever i posted something people only hopped over my comments and continued the nonsense of "has matt had his nose operated???" or "where to buy muse-looking clothes?? H&M???" and so on and so on. seriously, that was enough to drive anyone crazy. and so i never got t the magical d.load section... i'm still not there even though i've been a member for... god knows how long by now. :roll: i just can't bother...
(but anyway i'm 110% sure it would have been just some poor mp3s anyway so i don't think i really lost that much after all. 8))

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 20, 2007, 00:20:54
this is non-related but just thinking out loud:
actually i wish there was a non-retarded non-teenager-ish muse forum somewhere but obviously these don't exist. if anyone ever sees such a thing out there please do report to me immediately!  :lol:
a story: i once tried hanging on one of them muse forums, because i wanted to get to see their download section. yet, in order to become a full member they insisted you had to be a member for at least three months and have 150 posts minimum. i can assure you i tried really hard but i could just never make it. i simply couldn't stand the daily flood of all new "i love you matthew please marry me!!" threads, not to mention think of anything much to post there. :? wherever i posted something people only hopped over my comments and continued the nonsense of "has matt had his nose operated???" or "where to buy muse-looking clothes?? H&M???" and so on and so on. seriously, that was enough to drive anyone crazy. and so i never got t the magical d.load section... i'm still not there even though i've been a member for... god knows how long by now. :roll: i just can't bother...
(but anyway it would have just some poor mp3s anyway so i don't think i really lost that much after all.)

Well, if you happen to notice my recording over there please let me know.  We can give them a good old rant about how I said to not distribute my master in lossy formats.  I'm sure once we are done bitching them out you'll have enough posts to grant you access  :lol:  Which forum is it anyway?  I need to keep my eyes on them because I'm sure my master will turn up as an mp3 somewhere  :roll: