mostly everybody like love song

Started by FarFar, August 04, 2007, 06:21:04

Previous topic - Next topic

FarFar

i believed that everybody loved love song...especially after 50st Date soundtrack released....

most of the girls or boys like that song....and from that also, they knew about the cure....even though  they are not from the cure fan, they still love that song....am i right?????

the most stupid things that i ever heard when someone said that, the love song was from 311 not from the cure...stupid dumb dumb....  :smth011 :smth011  :roll: :roll:

Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

crowbi_wan

I'd say it's easily one of their most widely known songs and the one that catapulted them to super stardom in the U.S.  Lovesong, Just Like heaven, and Friday I'm In Love always seem to be ones the casual fans want to hear at a Cure concert.  Personally, I don't really care for it.  It's alright, but I certainly don't love it.   

carycameron

Love song was the song that got me interested in the Cure so its special to me even though its not one of my favorites now...    I think the original version sounds much better rather than the live performances though. 

Bloodflower

Lovesong has always had a much darker tint to it for me than others, most of whom seem to regard it as a bit of fluff. It speaks of a desperate state, to me.

Though very, very far from my favourite song off Disintegration, Lovesong does have a place in my heart.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Secrets

A radio friendly song that isn't completely naff.

Sussex

Quote from: FarFar on August 04, 2007, 06:21:04

the most stupid things that i ever heard when someone said that, the love song was from 311 not from the cure...stupid dumb dumb....  :smth011 :smth011  :roll: :roll:

Yeah..It also happen in my country..always!

I, sometimes dont like to explain further when they already said that the song is originally from 311..you know that type of people..so commercial type of people.. :evil:

Suprisingly..thats the good thing to happen because i dont want that 'type' of people to be such The Cure fans like we all do.. :)

Long live The Cure!

"Thick As Shit"

Tof

Quote from: crowbi_wan on August 04, 2007, 06:40:30
I'd say it's easily one of their most widely known songs and the one that catapulted them to super stardom in the U.S.  Lovesong, Just Like heaven, and Friday I'm In Love always seem to be ones the casual fans want to hear at a Cure concert.  Personally, I don't really care for it.  It's alright, but I certainly don't love it.   

Same for me, I don't like very much the pop song !!!
Tof

cult_hero

i really like it: the bassline and the way robert sings it on disintegration. a little perfect love song...

crowbi_wan

silversand

It's a really good pop song and i like lovesong very much, but i haven't listend to the song for a long time.

strange_day

Its probably one of my favourite singles by them, its got a nice simplicity to it. Its not pretentious or anything.

Also agreeing on the good bass. I prefer hearing it live than JLH or I-BD....

FarFar

the song that can replace love song...i think there if no if...so what do you think????? ;) ;) ;)
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

japanesebaby

Quote from: strange_day on August 06, 2007, 00:54:45
Its probably one of my favourite singles by them, its got a nice simplicity to it. Its not pretentious or anything.

Also agreeing on the good bass. I prefer hearing it live than JLH or I-BD....

it's not just a good bassline but a good combination of a bassline, a keyboard melody and a guitar line. so it's actually pretty nice 'counterpoint' technique there (j.s. bach might be proud. ;)) the similar kind of compositional type can be found at its best also on 'fascination street' which is based on laying different melodic layers on top of each other. it's not just something based on the bassline and the chords but on something much more well-thought off: melodies on top of each other which when combined at the same time also produce the chords. that's a lot more clever than a usual way of putting together a pop song that focuses only on some nice guitar riff and/or a chord sequence. 
i've always thoroughly enjoyed all the cure songs that have this particular layered (thus nearly counterpointal) quality in them, whether they were pop songs or non-pop songs. and maybe that's why boys don't cry isn't too high on my list...

i also like it more than most other singles. i know some people who dislike it because of the simplicity of the words and especially because the many iloveyous in there, because that can maybe be considered as a true clichée and the cure has obviously avoided these otherwise.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rjl

Everyone beat me to the comment on the bassline! Definitely. That and Just Like Heaven are two of the songs that got me really interested in bass, as it's right out there in the forefront, leading the song as well as carrying it.

And yes, top to bottom, the song is pretty much perfect (and JLH as well, IMO).

As far as what casual fans vs. other fans want to hear during a concert, songs as strong as these can please both groups. I'll never get sick of either. Now Inbetween Days... they can give that one a rest, any time.

Descent

Lovesong is a really nice song in my opinion, I like the simplicity and the modesty of it. I remember hearing it at a soundcheck in 1989 (a few days before they started to play it live) with Robert practicing the guitar solo.  ;)