curiosity about italy

Started by erpomata, May 22, 2007, 10:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

erpomata

hey everybody
just a curiosity for me.
what kind of italian music can you listen in your countries? do yuo know some italian music, not ramazzotti, pausini or bocelli? ARGHHHHHHHH!
i'd like to know if some good italian music is known out of italy.
ciao
marco
fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

japanesebaby

sorry to say it but the only things that make it to the charts here are exactly people like ramazzotti, bocelli...
they even seem to be sort of popular, at least ramazzotti used to get lots of radio play some years ago.

honestly, that's the only kind of italian music one can stumble on here.
it's pretty difficult to ever find any other kind of italian music in the record stores etc. :(

but i'm afraid it's the same with finnish music too. i bet people outside finland only ever get to know some rather awful kind of finnish music, if anything at all(?).
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

Quote from: erpomata on May 22, 2007, 10:35:49
hey everybody
just a curiosity for me.
what kind of italian music can you listen in your countries? do yuo know some italian music, not ramazzotti, pausini or bocelli?

Sorry, never heard of any of those guys. I have heard of Pavarotti, though. :lol:

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 22, 2007, 11:02:13but i'm afraid it's the same with finnish music too. i bet people outside finland only ever get to know some rather awful kind of finnish music, if anything at all(?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVuUql_yBA

:smth043

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on May 22, 2007, 15:11:40

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 22, 2007, 11:02:13but i'm afraid it's the same with finnish music too. i bet people outside finland only ever get to know some rather awful kind of finnish music, if anything at all(?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVuUql_yBA

:smth043

oooooooooo chist almighty!
hahahahaaaaa i think you just won the GOLD medal with that choice :P

lacrima mosa

allora erpomata...

for me its easier... i live near italy... so i know bands like litfiba, zucchero, tizziano ferro (i like stop! dimentica...)and i realized today that one of my favourite deathmetal bands is from south-tirol: graveworm...

but the best italian band in my oppinion is still lacuna coil... saw them already live in 1999 and i´m really in love with cristina!!! :-) they´re touring the us right now, so catch them!!!

cant think of some more...
08.10.2022 Helsinki
10.10.2022 Stockholm
12.10.2022 Oslo
13.10.2022 Göteborg
14.10.2022 Kopenhagen
16.10.2022 Hamburg
17.10.2022 Leipzig
18.10.2022 Berlin
18.11.2022 Strassburg
19.11.2022 Basel

erpomata

ciao svizzero
pleasure to hear you  :D
litfiba was a great group in late 80's, and you are right, cristina is troppo bona!!!
but i don't like lacuna coil, don't like this kind of music.
best italian band for me is CSI, if you could listen to Linea gotica cd, and even last Marlene kuntz cd is very good. hey, maybe i could send you some cds  :rocker
about ferro or zucchero, they are very famous here for their "cut and paste" way to write songs  :smth011 take a look here for example
http://www.plagimusicali.net/search/resultplagi.asp?search=ferro&submit=Cerca
listen to ferro-osbourne  :(
ciao  :smth023

disintegration

Quote from: lacrima mosa on May 22, 2007, 22:06:06
tizziano ferro (i like stop! dimentica...)

:shock: no, tiziano ferro no....  :?
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

lacrima mosa

Quote from: disintegration on May 23, 2007, 11:23:42
Quote from: lacrima mosa on May 22, 2007, 22:06:06
tizziano ferro (i like stop! dimentica...)

:shock: no, tiziano ferro no....  :?

im sorry!!  :roll: really, its just the song... and i know that i sometimes like things that are not to understand for others...  :smth100

so... ligabue, i forgot earlier... dont know about the bands you recommended erpomata, but i check them out...
08.10.2022 Helsinki
10.10.2022 Stockholm
12.10.2022 Oslo
13.10.2022 Göteborg
14.10.2022 Kopenhagen
16.10.2022 Hamburg
17.10.2022 Leipzig
18.10.2022 Berlin
18.11.2022 Strassburg
19.11.2022 Basel

Janko

Quote from: erpomata on May 22, 2007, 10:35:49
hey everybody
just a curiosity for me.
what kind of italian music can you listen in your countries? do yuo know some italian music, not ramazzotti, pausini or bocelli? ARGHHHHHHHH!
i'd like to know if some good italian music is known out of italy.
ciao
marco

RAMAZZOTTI IS HUGE IN SERBIA...

BUT, I LIKE ONLY FROZEN AUTUMN AND CRIPPLE BASTARDS

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

japanesebaby

Quote from: erpomata on May 23, 2007, 10:30:42
but i don't like lacuna coil, don't like this kind of music.
i know many people obviously like those bands (because they seem to sell ridiculous amounts of records), but i really cannot stand that kind of music either:
all these multitudes of "gothic metal" bands with a female singer... evanescense, within temptation, lacuna coil etc.... *yawn!*
or any kind of "gothic metal" bands in general. it's just completely boring music, imo. they all try to sound the same and they all try to look the same. i don't see any point.
i'm almost ashamed that finland has produced so many of these bands.... :blush:

Janko

GOTHIC-METAL MUSIC IS KINDA DYING OUT BY NOW.

I THINK EDERA ARE FROM ITALY ALSO...
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Descent

Liftiba is probably the best Italian band.

CSI, I only know one song (about Mao !) but I like it very much.
I only know by name a band called CCCP which apparently is huge in Italy.

Otherwise, I like some songs by Diaframma and another band called Weimar Gesang (yes, it's an Italian band -not German ;)). Interesting old 'cold wave' bands.

erpomata

litfiba were great in 80s, then became a mainstream adult rock band...
CCCP CSI and PGR are the same group of musicians with different projects in the years.
in 80' CCCP was a great punk band, politically on the left, then in 90s two people quit and they rename CSI- that means community of indipendent musicians! - and played for 10 years a post punk music...IMO this is the BEST band ever in italy. then in 2000 a founder quit and they became PGR, more electronics and postrock. They are cult bands in italy, with no mtv transmissions! but a great audience at shows. so if you can, try to find cds, in paris it would not be difficult!
anyway i'm happy that italy is not only pausini or ramazzotti...there is still something good in this f...g  country   :oops:

Descent

Thanks very much for the precisions. Too bad about Litfiba (I only know their old stuff). I'll definitely check CSI. Thanks again. ;)

(I'm happy great independant bands don't need TV to fill venues...)

Lady

There are many good italian artists not famous in the rest of the world: Elisa, Le Vibrazioni, Nomadi, Samuele Bersani, Subsonica...it's a sin! :cry:

But the most famous italian artist seems to be Laura Pausini and this is shameful! :smth011
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]