Definitive Cure moment?

Started by splitmilk34, September 26, 2005, 17:49:30

Previous topic - Next topic

splitmilk34

What is (in your opinion) the DEFINITIVE Cure moment?

Mine is hearing "Plainsong" live for the first time... talk about being moved to tears.
"... sleeping less every night"

dsanchez

Listening PUSH in Hamburg 2002. A car could have crushed me after the concert and I would have died as the happiest person IN THE PLANET.

David.

Quote from: splitmilk34What is (in your opinion) the DEFINITIVE Cure moment?

Mine is hearing "Plainsong" live for the first time... talk about being moved to tears.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Tristan Berlin

to hear the news that Porl is back!!!  :-D
and his guitar-solo (end) in the show-video. Excellent and great moment. Another great moment was the whole Berlin-show. Brilliant.  :D

arielcc

three  moments for me!

1 in 1983  listening faith with my father, he received a bunch of  lps from a friend in spain and we both listened them together! he didnt like this album and he gave it to me!!. i remember the first track we listened was the drowning man! i got scare, then i was 14 years old!!

2 in 1987 buying the kiss me kiss me kiss me album, i choose the album and went to the cab, very curious to listen this new album,  the first track was torture, i started to dance, i always remember this moment!

3 in 2000 in madrid 28 march.. i made a big travel to see the cure for the first time in my life, lima, atlanta, paris, barcelona and madrid. i tried to catch the march 27 show, in fact i had a ticket for this date, luckily there was a new date the next day!

ariel

bartabas

4th july  1989, i saw The Cure for the first time in concert, 2 hours and 30 minutes in front of Porl  8)

curiosa

every time i hear robert singing "again and again" (a forest), it could go on forver

curiosa frank

ron

Seeing/hearing A Forest at the Rose Bowl in 1992.  My favorite song being dragged on for so long.  David's car could have ran me over too and I would die being totally fullfilled...

crowbi_wan

last summer at the everett, wa show.  after encore #2 i held up a sign that had a HUGE M on it along with a crayon drawing of mary.  when robert went to exit the stage i screamed "M" as loud as i could.  robert looked at me, grinned, nodded his head, and mouthed "yeah".  they came back out and played m, play for today, and a forest.  i really wanted to hear play for today.  just figured it was easier for robert to see a big M.  i've heard from a few people that were back stage they planned on a pop encore of close to me, lovecats, let's go to bed, and why can't i be you?  simply put, i had a hand in making that show what it was.  

-brian

bananafish17

At this horrid boarding school in 1986 I was listening to a Duran Duran tape the first day of school. This guy from across the hall named Hiro from Japan gave me two records and said I should listen to them instead. I put the first one on, "Standing On A Beach", and was blown away from the first moment "Killing An Arab" started. Went out on our weekend pass and bought "Boys Don't Cry", "Faith" & "The Top". Have never been the same since. The other record means almost as much, The Smiths "Meat Is Murder".

A close second and third are seeing "Plainsong" at my first show (Phoenix 89) & seeing "Faith" for the first time (Denver 96).
and all the other voices say,
change your mind, your always wrong...

strange_as_angels

just that moment when you hear a song and you think "wow thats exactly how im feeling"
"and you finally found all your courage to
let it all go"

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchezListening PUSH in Hamburg 2002. A car could have crushed me after the concert and I would have died as the happiest person IN THE PLANET.

a coincidence: because i'd say listening to PUSH too, but last august in wuhlheide, berlin. lots of great moments before that too, but there's something on that one, something completely overwhelming. and if i had been hit by landing ufo or a meteor shower or whatever right there in the field that moment it wouldn't have mattered a slightest bit. actually that would have been the most perfect way to go  ;-)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

2 things:

-Marrying my wife and walking down the aisle while the piano beginning of "Trust" played

-Asking Robert in person at Camden, NJ in 2004 before the show to please play Faith in LA later that month (my 25th cure show).  He smiled, looked to the ground, looked up and said "Um, that's on the possible list for tonight"...
then hearing them play it......

dxsfx49

Brendan, Arusha and I all saw that... Faith as the last song of the last show of the Wish tour in NY. I will never forget how powerful it was.