Depeche Mode - Tour of the Universe 2009

Started by dsanchez, December 25, 2008, 18:29:01

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Dates are published here
http://depechemode.com/tour.html

I've already bought tickets for the date in Paris (27th june).

Anyone else is going?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

fiction

Quote from: dsanchez on December 25, 2008, 18:29:01
Anyone else is going?

Well I don´t know. They play the Arvika festival in Sweden and the rest of the cleared band does make me hesitate. But it´s more than six months left to take off so there is time for contemplation in the matter...
again and again and again and again and again and...

soulmate

I'll be in Nancy!!!  :-D I was quite happy that they play just next to home for once! Too bad not to go to Paris though, it would have been cool to see David again... some other time then... ;)

Lady

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

alt.end

i wanted to go, but it was sold out in two days i think. too late :(

japanesebaby

for me it's an uninteresting selection of dates/locations so i'll pass. anyway, i'm not disappointed. i saw them in 2006 and i don't think they've really changed much since them so i don't think i'll miss very much.

besides i'd rather save my money for the (possibly) upcoming nin tour...  :-D
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

I suppose I'll see DM when they play in th U.S. since I haven't seen them since they toured for 'Songs of Faith and Devotion'.  Yeah, it's been a while. 

alt.end

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 04, 2009, 10:13:46
for me it's an uninteresting selection of dates/locations so i'll pass. anyway, i'm not disappointed. i saw them in 2006 and i don't think they've really changed much since them so i don't think i'll miss very much.

besides i'd rather save my money for the (possibly) upcoming nin tour...  :-D

you're probably right, i don't think they've changed at all...but i have never seen them live so i was a bit disappointed. anyway, i'm saving money for possible arcade fire or radiohead gig :).

japanesebaby

by the way call it nerdy but i can't help it that find it somehow funny that they call they tour "tour of the universe", and then play concerts only planet Earth. it's as if some band announced a world tour but then only played a couple of secret gigs their own basement.
so either it's totally unfair (for instance for anyone in andromeda galaxy - who'd have to wait a couple of million years for even the news of this to arrive over there), or perhaps in DM they still believe that the Earth is a flat disc and that's all there is...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 05, 2009, 07:46:56
by the way call it nerdy but i can't help it that find it somehow funny that they call they tour "tour of the universe", and then play concerts only planet Earth. it's as if some band announced a world tour but then only played a couple of secret gigs their own basement.
so either it's totally unfair (for instance for anyone in andromeda galaxy - who'd have to wait a couple of million years for even the news of this to arrive over there), or perhaps in DM they still believe that the Earth is a flat disc and that's all there is...

Give them time, jb.  Not all of the dates have been announced just yet.  Rumor has it they're playing the moon just after Coachella. :P

dsanchez

Quote from: soulmate on December 25, 2008, 19:55:22Too bad not to go to Paris though, it would have been cool to see David again... some other time then... ;)

maybe in the next Cure tour this year?! :rocker
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

soulmate

alt.end

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 05, 2009, 07:46:56

:smth043 

Sussex

Im sure they're not gonna come here in Asia..pretty sad in being the minority of music follower here..huhu!
"Thick As Shit"

alt.end