Previous topic - Next topic

piggymirror

Today...

Walnuts
Scottish shortbreads
Cheese
The thought of giving up tobacco for good

SueC

Gah. Had planned to do some writing when I got through my task list but that took me all day and then I was too exhausted to write anything cohesive.  Ah well, another time.  However, I planted lots of seedlings, mowed and mulched, trimmed Nelly's feet, made pumpkin soup from a pumpkin I roasted last night, harvested and froze tomatoes (for cooking later; I don't bottle them), extracted honey from frames, gave a box of "sticky" frames back to the bees, cut tree fodder for the cattle, planted 40 peas (Greenfeast & Oregon Snowpeas) into tube pots in the greenhouse (you can't sow them directly because the bugs eat them - have to plant them out when they're reasonably developed), and started making war on escaped boysenberry runners.  In the food / tea breaks, I read more of The Silkworm.

The funniest part of today was Nelly making a face when she tried some fennel I pulled up as it had gone to seed.  :lol:  Ben liked it.  Tastes differ, even in donkeys!
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

S*n P*j*m*! Try On Haul (for your man) MISSSPERU

3:33 👌🏻😄

PS: Quite hidden ... but this is my Fio! ❤️

I'm a little worried because you've become so thin. When I see your thin arms, I feel very different. 😢
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

word_on_a_wing

I'm finding it bizarre that Simon Gallop's Twitter profile lists his location as "Seville, Victoria"

On thing... Australia?
Another...That's a 15min drive from me!

Twitter
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on February 29, 2020, 01:29:54I'm finding it bizarre that Simon Gallop's Twitter profile

Are you 100% certain it is really Gallup's own profile (or a fan posing as him)?  :?
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on February 29, 2020, 01:29:54I'm finding it bizarre that Simon Gallop's Twitter profile lists his location as "Seville, Victoria"

Is not Simon. He does not use any social network.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

...I'm not so sure you're right on this one Ulrich and David.
If you'll scroll through the tweets as I did (... I swear I'm not a stalker, just observant 😂) it looks like the account was dormant until about July 2019, then there's some back-and-forth chatting with Cure related folks that strongly gives impression this is him.
Then when Roger got back on Twitter this account name was credited for why.
Plus... look at how many are following him, including Reeves, Roger, Eden, and Tim Pope. Why would they do that if it wasn't legit?

...would be much simpler if he just applied for a 'tick' verification thingy beside his name
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on March 01, 2020, 08:35:04Plus... look at how many are following him, including Reeves, Roger, Eden, and Tim Pope. Why would they do that if it wasn't legit?

You're right, that points to being him.

As for his stating that place "Seville, Victoria" as location:
1. he'd be crazy to tell people where he really does live
2. maybe he's on holiday there.  ;)
3. I'm not on twitter, but if I were I'd just ask him about it.

dsanchez

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on March 01, 2020, 08:35:04Plus... look at how many are following him, including Reeves, Roger, Eden, and Tim Pope. Why would they do that if it wasn't legit?

Didn't see that. you're right, this proves is Simon.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

FN We are summer doors 2020

You are finally back! Get well soon, Kamilia. 🤧
Maybe that comes from the air conditioning ?!

You can best highlight mustard yellow with Purple violet.
Black is also possible, but it's not a color in the classic sense.

MeltingMan

Madame Hammelette or my little chocolate caramel cat who doesn't take a break.

Happy Birthday, Fio!  🍰

Take care and greet Kamilia on occasion. 🌴

The second outfit is my favorite one. Perfect combination of black, yellow, grey and magenta. 👌🏻

SueC

I think we should all play more practical jokes on each other, particularly with the current world situation etc.  Laughter is good for us.  This is a prank I got on film in a coffee shop in Hobart last time we were in Tasmania (a decade ago, whew, where does the time go???).

What happened was this:  Brett was using a drinking straw for his beverage and suddenly pretended to be a mosquito, because that's the kind of thing he does.  I picked up the camera and took a few stills, and then, without him knowing, turned it to film mode.  It was really hard to keep a straight face!  Anyway, I still laugh myself silly at his reaction at the end when he twigged!  :lol:

SueC is time travelling

BiscuityBoyle

There was some mentally unwell person pretending to be Siouxsie Sioux on Twitter a while ago. The only way to avoid this is to get an official blue check account, even if you have no intention of use it, but I bet not every 60s something rocker can muster the energy for this tedious bs, including dealing with tech people.

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on March 18, 2020, 15:02:33Laughter is good for us.

Well I heard today that parents who have their kids at home now, should start in the morning with an unannounced dictation, so that things feel "normal" for the kids...  :lol:

SueC

Good friend/adopted sister of mine has to work long hours and risk exposure while stress levels are high - and this is in the USA, which I think is going to have one of the most horrific scenarios of them all with this pandemic.  Just as this was all crashing down, they found out their dog had bone cancer and he had to have a leg cut off a fortnight ago (which cost them $1,000 at a time when money is tight).  The husband is waiting for a kidney transplant because he's in kidney failure (congenital, he's only in his 30s).  Here he is with the dog when they brought him home from surgery.

The dog is doing much better (bone cancer is really painful) but probably has secondaries.

Lots of tough times in life.  We don't have magic wands, but we can care, and be friends to each other.
SueC is time travelling