Important notice for people attending these shows

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:23:02

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Reviews

You can write your concert review by selecting the proper gig in the Live section.

Photos

If you make photos, we kindly ask you to publish your pictures here in our Gallery section. Just go to the Gallery and then choose "Add > Add photos" from the menu. Should you have any problems, just send us your pictures to info@curefans.com

Taping

You can read this topic to know what equipment use to record a concert, how to pass security, etc. If you tape the concert, you can later upload it to our audio section.

Promoting Curefans.com at the concerts

You can attend the meetings or print your Curefans.com Shirt in your favourite shop. Click here to download the files.

Others

Security Procedures for US/Canadian venues
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on June 22, 2007, 06:23:02
Information about bottleging

Can we change this to taping?  Bootlegging refers to the taping and selling of a live recording and we don't want to be associated with that.

lostflower4

I changed it.

Hmmm... I'm not sure if I'd want to mess with a banner while taping a show. :lol:

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4 on June 22, 2007, 10:39:39
I changed it.

Hmmm... I'm not sure if I'd want to mess with a banner while taping a show. :lol:

Sure!...but not everyone is taping, so they might bring the banner  :smth023

If The Cure plays in southamerica I will bring both my little machine and a big Curefans.com banner ;)

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

http://www.onlineseats.com/the-cure-tickets/buy.asp
http://www.coasttocoasttickets.com/concerts/cure_tickets.shtml
http://www.stubhub.com/the-cure-tickets/

There are several sites out there that can legally scalp tickets.  Don't buy from them.  They are the devil  :smth074  Notice that some already have tickets on sale!?!?!?!?  Smells like a rip off to me.  If you can't find the seat that you want, try using Ticketmaster's ticket exchange.  Craigslist and eBay are other alternatives, though they get spendy.  Just avoid the ticket brokers.   

j

I was hoping to develop a list of the various security procedures at each venue The Cure are playing in the US/Canada.  This will be especially beneficial to those members that are planning on taping shows.  Having been to 4 curiosa shows, security ranged from a simple pat down, to a practical molestation, to airport style metal detectors.

If you are familiar with a particular venue, either post below or pm me and I will continuously update this post.
*********************************************************************************************

Thu-Sep-13 Tampa - St Pete Times Forum  They check carry in items (mainly purses) pretty closely, but no patdown or wands.  Once you're in - you're golden.

From another taper:  They make you empty your pants pockets on the way in, and they check lady's purses.

Sat-Sep-15 Atlanta - Gwinnett Center  I've heard that the venue uses wands for "heavier" shows, but otherwise, security is quite relaxed overall.  Also of note, once inside, there's a handicapped bathroom along the wall near Sec 101. We both went in there together and were able to setup in absolute privacy - instead of the normal in the 2 ft x 4 ft stall with floor covered with tp and piss.

Mon-Sep-17 Charlotte - Charlotte Bobcats Arena
Wed-Sep-19 Washington DC - Patriot Center

Fri-Sep-21 Philadelphia - Wachovia Spectrum  Last time I was at a show either here or at the Wachovia Center, it ranged from simple pat downs to nothing.

Sun-Sep-23 New York City - Madison Square Garden
  Security at MSG has generally been pretty easy.  But the White Stripes show actually had a guy checking bags, and a line of guys with wands.  Never saw wands at MSG before.  Anyway, I had my taping back emptied, except for a newspaper and a bottle of water that I knew they would make me throw out.  So they looked through my bag, and then I didn't have to get 'wanded'.  Meanwhile, my gear was in all of my pockets, I never would have made it through if I was wanded.

Tue-Sep-25 Boston - Agganis Arena As of 2005, walk right in, no wands, etc

Wed-Sep-26 Montreal - Bell Centre

Thu-Sep-27 Toronto - Air Canada Centre Been there for a few World Cup of Hockey games...no security

Sat-Sep-29 Chicago - Allstate Arena   Last 2 times I was there, it was your standard 17 yr old kid asking you to raise your arms, touching your sides, nothing major at all... And these were even metal shows

Tue-Oct-02 Denver - Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Thu-Oct-04 Salt Lake City - E Center
Sat-Oct-06 San Francisco - Shoreline Amphitheatre

Mon-Oct-08 Seattle - Key Arena Range from minimal pat downs to nothing

Tue-Oct-09 Vancouver - General Motors Place
Thu-Oct-11 Santa Barbara - Santa Barbara Bowl
Sat-Oct-13 San Diego - Cox Arena

Sun-Oct-14 Los Angeles - Hollywood Bowl  The Hollywood Bowl does NOT allow taping.
Security will check your bag, but they have no metal detectors. It's pretty easy to get equipment in.

Tue-Oct-16 Houston - Toyota Center From a local taper:  The Toyota Center is one of the easiest venues to get gear into in Houston.  I always bring as much gear as possible (borrowed lots of cool gear from friends).  There are no wands, metal detectors, or pat downs.  There is a very light bag search, but I have been able to bring lots of gear in in bags.  There is no one actively looking for tapers at this venue.

Wed-Oct-17 Dallas - American Airlines Center   Entrance security is really tight (like an airport â€" go figure).  AAC in Dallas is a different beast.  I've only caught a single show there.  They actually do have walk through metal detectors. 

crowbi_wan

Seattle uses pat downs.  Usually they are rather weak.  If you have a bag they will search it.  If you're wearing bulky clothes they may search you.  If you look like Joe Average you'll probably be waved right in. 

rjl

I was told that MSG is no big deal.

I went to one show @ Agganis in Boston (Duran Duran in 2005, the first concert @ Agganis), and it was walk right in.

I'm going to see Interpol there, two weeks before the Cure, so I'll have a clearer picture as to whether or not that still is the case.

The plan, for all shows, is to have my Nomad in my pocket, with some earbud headphones, and just shrug and say that "I brought it to listen to on the train". I'll be driving into Boston and will be a subway ride away from a friend's in NY, so I can stow my stuff if need be.

j

I read a post about MSG similiar to that about MSG.  A guy was saying that he has taken his laptop bag and lunchbag in without any problems.  Basically, because Penn Station is in MSG, the ol' "I just got off the train" excuse works well.

rjl

Update for Agganis...

I went to see a show last night, and there were patdowns at Agganis. They mostly seemed interested in my arms and the sides of my legs. Pretty light, pretty fast. I had my recorder behind my belt, my mics in one boot, my battery box in the other (I had actually been walking around with them in my boots for 2 hours at that point to make it very natural). Seriously consider getting a pair of pull-on boots, esp. if you've got thin ankles. And esp. ones with metal (harness, buckle, etc.), in case of wands.

To be safe, I had some stuff in my front pockets -- if anything to draw their attention. I figure if they asked me to empty them, they wouldn't keep patting once they saw it was pretty benign stuff. They barely touched those.

All in all, it was no big deal.

What was funny was the amount of candy they had confiscated at the door. There was a table piled HIGH with Mentos (as it turns out, there was some promo crew outside giving them away). At first, my friends and I made a grab for them, thinking that they were giving them away as a promo... until we saw the opened ones. Oops.

Funny how many Mentos didn't make it in, yet how many cameras and other devices probably did...

Although if I were venue management, I'd be more worried about candy (the mess, it being thrown on stage) than photos and audio, I suppose.

ROGUE

:rocker  THANK YOU FOR GREAT INFO. (was unsure what to expect at concerts o.sea's, great topic David !!)

THE FUTURE AWAITS

:smth038   p.s. good thinking rjl - i would also draw their attention away with hand bag mess- everything but kitchen sink, etc,
even a cheap camera, so they think they have found what they are looking for. And in the meantime i got the real one in bra, or
also thinking shoes, or up skirt ?  but am surprised that some venues actually do have metal detections- i wrote in 'going to gigs'
thred, but didnt think anywhere would have one !! wow. 
Or if you got big hair, maybe pop your camera in there ?   :-D

dsanchez

If you make photos, we kindly ask you to publish your pictures here in our Gallery section. Just go to the Gallery, select the proper album and then choose "Add item" from the menu in the bottom

I've just created the Live 2008 album in the gallery section. Hope there will be lot of pictures of the upcoming tour :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on January 06, 2008, 00:45:55
If you make photos, we kindly ask you to publish your pictures here in our Gallery section. Just go to the Gallery, select the proper album and then choose "Add item" from the menu in the bottom

I've just created the Live 2008 album in the gallery section. Hope there will be lot of pictures of the upcoming tour :smth023

Good thinking, David.  I should have plenty to add by tours end.

dsanchez

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 06, 2008, 01:34:55

If you get some time to upload pics during the tour, that would be cool too! :D
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on January 06, 2008, 01:44:27
Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 06, 2008, 01:34:55

If you get some time to upload pics during the tour, that would be cool too! :D

Well, that's what I meant by having plenty to add  ;)  Just got a new camera w/ 6x zoom.  I have yet to try any video with it, but should give that a go at The Bravery's concert in a few weeks.  Hopefully I'll have better quality audio and video than that from the Everett concert.  But yes, there will be pictures from the many stops of the tour I plan on attending  :smth023