Is this forum dead?!

Started by Janko, September 24, 2009, 19:21:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Janko

The handling of the forum, concerning the three leaked songs, was very, very embarrassing.

To add insult to injury, on that other forum, Curefans came off as antisemitic loosers. The happenings (or lack of them) in the last couple of days were very alarming and I don't see the proper reaction here!

So, my question is, is this forum dead or what?!

:smth011
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

dsanchez

The forum is not dead, the antisemitic comment was removed quickly by one of our moderators (j). Unfortunately we didn't act fast about the (other) insults towards another forum, but the whole message have been already deleted and the member have been warned.

I want to take the chance to remind everyone at curefans.com that insults (of any kind) are not allowed. We reserve the right to delete any offensive comment or the whole message, if necessary.

David.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

wish-man

Well, yeah. Thats very nice when another forum posting comments about 'our forum' and we dont reply. That's madness. I dont understand this possition at all. The only person who respond to them was me. I'm not boasting of it, simply I was pissed about their comments and attitude. And I explained on their forum, that I didn't meant anti-semitic stuff. I just wanted to show them their place and how roughly they act. Thats it. :roll:

Quote"what you should do is link it to a page explaining that you'll relink if people release their nasty little grip on other rare stuff... like the bbc sessions, you're so happy etc... funny as f*ck though!" The Kremlin MFC

"Ha! you taking the songs off JUST when Curefans noticed is almost even better than getting the songs themselves! shame that they'll definetly share the mp3s between them" Marco MFC
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

dsanchez

Quote from: wish-man on September 25, 2009, 20:36:20
Well, yeah. Thats very nice when another forum posting comments about 'our forum' and we dont reply. That's madness. I dont understand this possition at all.

The best is to ignore those comments, wish-man. To respond would be to enter in an ending game of non-sense, discussions, insults, etc. We don't want that, do we?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: wish-man on September 25, 2009, 20:36:20

Well, yeah. Thats very nice when another forum posting comments about 'our forum' and we dont reply. That's madness. I dont understand this possition at all.

Hey wish-man, I don't now if it helps you, but I never read the posting on another forum so far away from what they're comments are from "our forum"  ;)

It's like dsanchez wrote, it's better to ignore them  :roll:
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

wish-man

Ahhh well, its hard to be mutineer.  :roll: Anyway, my expression still remain in force - **c* MFC!  :-D
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on September 24, 2009, 19:21:33
To add insult to injury, on that other forum, Curefans came off as antisemitic loosers. The happenings (or lack of them) in the last couple of days were very alarming and I don't see the proper reaction here!

janko, i think it was one person posting his (angry) opinion and not even a person from the curefans staff. so why would it mean curefans came off as "antisemitic losers"? it was a single post from one single person, not a post representing this forum. i'm not defending what was said/the choice of words there, the insult was not ok.
just saying that it was not a common opinion presented by this forum.

i'm not sure was "is this forum dead" has got to do with this. :?: a mod reacted to the post in question here and it was edited, later removed.
i have been called a freak and received insults posted on my birthday thread on other cure forums, without a mod or anyone else coming in and saying something/doing anything. here the post was edited/removed. so yes, this forum is being moderated. some others aren't.

you saidyoudon't see "proper reaction" to the recent lack of news - what would be a proper reaction? to start a lot of rumors by speculating all imaginable?
and anyway, what difference would it make, what reaction we have (or don't have)? because in the end, all we can do is sit and wait anyway. i don't think i can do anything to change the course of events, whatever they might turn out to be. i can only wait and see.

@wish-man: i think many people do appreciate your passion and the fact that you felt like saying something there. nothing wrong about that in principle.  it's just about the choice of words.
but yeah, it's hard to be a mutineer, i know. just like it's hard to be an idealist. sadly, the cure community seems to be a very aggressive and quarrelsome one: the most arrogant people seem to rule, to have their way through force, those are the ones with the most negative energy to drive them against the others.
but well, luckily there are other things to look into in life. :)

Quote from: dsanchez on September 25, 2009, 20:41:48
To respond would be to enter in an ending game of non-sense, discussions, insults, etc. We don't want that, do we?

actually discussion is a positive thing, so maybe not something to stash next to nonsense and insults. if people don't have a will to discuss, they can never understand each other.
discussion means conversation, not disagreement.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 27, 2009, 21:59:55
Quote from: dsanchez on September 25, 2009, 20:41:48
To respond would be to enter in an ending game of non-sense, discussions, insults, etc. We don't want that, do we?

actually discussion is a positive thing, so maybe not something to stash next to nonsense and insults. if people don't have a will to discuss, they can never understand each other.
discussion means conversation, not disagreement.

i agree with you that discussion basically means a positive way of communication, but sometimes they can result in unnecessary repeats of the same insults without any reasonable argument at all and you're caught up in an endless hate spiral. i think this was the kind of 'discussion' dsanchez was talking about.
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Janko

So let's try to keep this forum the best one!

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

dsanchez

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on September 28, 2009, 18:28:59
i agree with you that discussion basically means a positive way of communication, but sometimes they can result in unnecessary repeats of the same insults without any reasonable argument at all and you're caught up in an endless hate spiral. i think this was the kind of 'discussion' dsanchez was talking about.

you got my point :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on September 29, 2009, 13:53:23

yes i'm a pain in the *ss, wanting to discuss things, i know.
nevermind. :) just put me in the ignore mode. :)

let's get back on topic, shall we?
@Janko: so let's try that. :smth023
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 29, 2009, 18:30:25
Quote from: dsanchez on September 29, 2009, 13:53:23

yes i'm a pain in the *ss, wanting to discuss things, i know.
nevermind. :) just put me in the ignore mode. :)

let's get back on topic, shall we?
@Janko: so let's try that. :smth023

oh my god!! did you just agree to what i said ? i gotta go mark that in my calendar :-D
don't worry i love discussions (respectful ones) as much as you do :)

on topic: i think this forum is on a very good way! it is very rare to find a place like this where everybody can voice their opinion without fearing to receive massive personal insults for it.
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchezThe activity has decreased

A coolfan said goodbye to me officially. Two other members have
been absorbed by the 'silent ones' and I won't register myself elsewhere
a third time. There's no use. :(
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

there's less activity because The Cure is not doing anything at the moment... the activity will increase once we have more news. Fingers crossed to that ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on July 25, 2017, 11:46:29
A coolfan said goodbye to me officially.

Any reasons why he/she said "goodbye" (officially or inofficialy)?   :?

(Btw, you chose a strange thread for posting this "news" - well, I just read the above posts from 2009 and I didn't know about these "happenings" back then and they're pretty irrelevant now.)

Anyway, this forum is as dead as YOU (I'm talkin' to all of the members here) want it to be.  :o
Do not post anything Cure-ish or any Cure news or links you may find on the net. Do not say "thank you" when others post interesting links or something. Do not reply to any questions. Don't ask any questions. Don't talk about other music you like. ...
Then it will soon be dead indeed.  :(
The holy city breathed like a dying man...