U2 World Tour 2009/2010

Started by dsanchez, March 04, 2009, 22:38:20

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 09, 2009, 21:45:31
Hopefully they'll add a few smaller venues at some point. But that might be "illegal" considering the trend so far.  :roll:

not to mention people would probably kill each other, fighting for the tickets.  :eek: :-P
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Guys, they'll be touring for the remainder of 2009 and well into 2010.  There will be multiple legs, just like past tours  ;)  And it's stadiums only. 

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/exclusive-u2-to-kiss-the-future-on-global-1003948418.story

I'm a bit sad that no Seattle show was announced.  No, I'm going to Vancouver, but will instead wait for the 2nd or 3rd US leg for a local show.  Summer 2010 at Qwest Field?  :roll: 

dsanchez

That's a good point. Hopefully they'll add a few smaller venues at some point. But that might be "illegal" considering the trend so far.  :roll:

Not to mention they signed, if I remember correctly, a deal with Live Nation for about twelve years. Live Nation only wants make lot of money, so I don't know if small venues are in their plan...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on March 10, 2009, 07:47:23
That's a good point. Hopefully they'll add a few smaller venues at some point. But that might be "illegal" considering the trend so far.  :roll:

Not to mention the signed, if I remember correctly, a deal with Live Nation for about ten year. Live Nation only wants make lot of money, so I don't know if small venues are in their plan...

But they'll offer fair ticket prices.  For example they say at least 10,000 tickets per show for $30.  Of course there will be thousands of tickets for $250 as well.

Descent

What do you get for $250 ? :lol:
Free champagne ?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Descent on March 10, 2009, 08:58:13
What do you get for $250 ? :lol:
Free champagne ?

Perhaps Bono will come to your seat and hand delivery it for an extra $100  :smth081

Descent

Or you get to be filmed on his cellphone or something. :lol:

I guess, some money goes to charity afterwards (I hope).

Lady

Quote from: Descent on March 10, 2009, 09:19:53

I guess, some money goes to charity afterwards (I hope).

That's for sure! ;)

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

japanesebaby

by the way i was just listening to the radio broadcast from 2009-03-11 boston, summerville theatre.
there was an announcer interviewing bono briefly in between the songs.  at some point he mentioned that 'no line on the horizon' had just debuted as number one on a bilboard list.
bono replied:

"we also heard today [...] that it is number one in thirty other countries... [shouting/applause from the crowds]
everywhere except finland. and.... we are very concerned that the finnish have taken against us, because...
...so could you sort that out please? thank you."

oops. :oops: :lol:

maybe no finnish concerts then, as a revenge...?  :eek:

(actually i think it DID go to #1 here too, at least that's what i saw. maybe it got out a few days later and the info hadn't reached the statistics yet or something).

Trust...

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 15, 2009, 15:31:04
maybe no finnish concerts then, as a revenge...?  :eek:

:lol: Makes no sense. The album is no 1 in Belgium and they don't come to Belgium. :roll:
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

disintegration

Another day in Milan!!! 8th july!!!!  :smth020
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 09, 2009, 10:15:48
and for instance just one northern europe show (gothenburg).

already SOLD OUT :?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Sorry but how does it work with U2?

I am subscribed to the website but never got any code for any of the "pre-sale" shows?

I also noticed that I can "upgrade" my subscription (which means pay some extra money). Only people with a payed subscription get such codes? :?

All shows on pre-sale are sold out :?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on March 17, 2009, 16:48:51
Sorry but how does it work with U2?

I am subscribed to the website but never got any code for any of the "pre-sale" shows?

Did you activate your account?  I also signed up for the free account a few months back.  Seems I forgot to activate it.  Even after activation I believe you have to fill out some user data before your done. 

japanesebaby