Start the little ones off right with Cure Lullabyes

Started by lordsquidy13, January 28, 2008, 03:23:49

Previous topic - Next topic

lordsquidy13

I saw this in an FYE store the other day. Pure genius. This Company has been converting classic songs from classic rock bands into tones well suited for the little ones. And who can leave out the Cure for any classic bands. It's The Cure Lullabyes. Many of their singles, and even including album gems, such as Plainsong and Homesick.

When I'm a parent, Im setting my kid off to sleep with this every night.

http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/web/page.asp?pgs=product&catid=41&id=1047

They've also made Lullabyes for Nirvana, Greenday, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, U2, Led Zeppelin, even Metallica!

Let's start some new lives up right giving them good music to dream to!

If the sound clips don't work, you can find them on itunes bye typing in rockabye on the search. their put down as an artist and have to whole cd on sale there.

billee

I stumbled on this cd a while ago. Only wish it was around 25 years ago when my eldest daughter was born. Maybe I would have at least had one child out of my brood who liked  The Cure. Oh well who knows , maybe Nanna billee might have some luck if grandkiddies ever come along  :evil:
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

scatcat

hehehe... my singing "lullabies' actually put my son in a coma.... no problems there!!  :smth097
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

sues777

Excellent!!  Thanks lordsquidy13!!
Think I need to buy some copies for my cousins who have small children!  Actually, think I might a copy for myself as well, for the next time I can't sleep!!  :smth023
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Quote from: scatcat on January 28, 2008, 11:29:54
hehehe... my singing "lullabies' actually put my son in a coma.... no problems there!!  :smth097
Maybe when he's a man, he'll remember your lullaby and write a song thinking about it, as Robert did, when he wrote "Lullaby"!!!!!! :lol:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

scatcat

Quote from: Lady on February 02, 2008, 19:12:02
Maybe when he's a man, he'll remember your lullaby and write a song thinking about it, as Robert did, when he wrote "Lullaby"!!!!!! :lol:

:-D most of my lullabies consisted of made-up songs ( I could never remember the proper words & improvise), but the main ones I used to sing was " Coocha racha" ( some mexican theme..)  :smth028    again improvised with silly words,this would tickle him with laughter!
the other was like the original lullaby.. the words I put in were.. "go to sleep, go to sleep, my little boy blue, go to sleep, go to sleep, in the morning I'll love you.. "... then a bit of humming.. and a few more lines " my little boy blue, I love you, I love you, in the morning I'll see you.. "  I still sing it to him when I can.. but I forget the words still and improvise where I can. I guess it makes it a little bit special?  :D

He does remember them still now, and loves those special moments.. priceless.  :smth049
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Carnage Visor

That's great! Who's idea was this? Very cute!!!

I wish I could hear "The Hanging Garden" or "Give Me It" as a lullaby!

Hero

Quote from: corrosiveheadpollution on March 03, 2008, 18:03:04
haha wow that was quite a rant.  Yeah thank goodness for the Cure... i don't know what i would listen to if i didn't have them.  I just found some cd on the internet that has a bunch of cure songs done as lullabyes for babies.  My wife is havin a baby boy this May so i just ordered it.  He's a Cure fan already and he doesn't even know it yet.

Awww congratulations on your little baby curefan!!! :smth023

sues777

I just found some cd on the internet that has a bunch of cure songs done as lullabyes for babies.  My wife is havin a baby boy this May so i just ordered it. 
Congratulations corrosiveheadpollution!!

He's a Cure fan already and he doesn't even know it yet.
That's the way - it'll give him a great start in life!!
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

japanesebaby

editor's note:
i've split a couple of posts from the "songs you hate" thread and pasted them here, as this was a more suitable topics for this discussion.
:D
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine