FREE MUSIC LAUNCH

Started by melly, January 27, 2008, 06:32:00

Previous topic - Next topic

melly

it will be up and running from midnight tonight, (Monday 28th Jan) EST. The site has been getting hit so many times, it was experiencing some problems for those trying to just have a look... and if we have to look at advertising, like on the "hotmail" site, just to name one, well, I find that I don't really notice it, and indeed, it may be a small "price to pay" to have a site like qtrax up and running.. I hope it works out for this guy, he's obviously done his "homework", as in no pop ups etc which piss people off.... It's bound to have some glitches in the early days, we will just have to be patient!
Us aussies will post info as soon as we can get to it ourselves!! will be tomorrow sometime..I'll be   :smth015  well before  midnight..
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

japanesebaby

i just got the LAUNCHED! notice via email some time ago.

since the mac os version isn't up until in march (maybe), maybe some of you pc people can give it a try and write a report... :?:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

scatcat

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 28, 2008, 16:18:07

since the mac os version isn't up until in march (maybe), maybe some of you pc people can give it a try and write a report... :?:

ya did???  :shock:  I just sent an email to them requesting affirmation the site had been officially launched!!  :evil:

WHY AM I THE LAST PERSON .... ALWAYS??   :smth012
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: scatcat on January 28, 2008, 16:40:42
Quote from: japanesebaby on January 28, 2008, 16:18:07

ya did???  :shock:  I just sent an email to them requesting affirmation the site had been officially launched!!  :evil:

WHY AM I THE LAST PERSON .... ALWAYS??   :smth012

are you sure to check it didn't just go to your spam folder or something?

scatcat

OH F---RUIT!!  I've tried to download.. nothing..  :smth100
I did check my spam folder ( pretty high settings here.. but nOOo message!!)  :smth011

It's getting late here.. can't see a thing, even with glasses.. I'll try 2morrow..

:evil:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

well i wouldn't feel too worried, because if it's launched then it's there and it's not going anywhere anyway. so i don't think it's worth losing a nerve... remember that some of us need to wait until march anyway. ;)

silversand

Thanks for the link melly  :)
It's a very good idea.
Till i can use it, i'll have to wait up to March 18th :)

melly

went on at 7 am aussie time, still nothing...tried again just now ( 12 noon) still nothing... hmmm..maybe its midnight american time, as when I hit the "contact us", it came up with a NY address...
we couldn't register for the email alert.. so, it's a waiting game now...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

melly

Qtrax is being released in "stages", due to the overwhelming response. We have downloaded it, but we haven't been able to access any music yet..probably just getting people to initially get it onto their puter, then the downloads will come on board.. looks ok... had a couple of problems, but you have to expect that in something so new...

Quote from: silversand on January 28, 2008, 23:12:21
Thanks for the link melly  :)
It's a very good idea.
Till i can use it, i'll have to wait up to March 18th :)

no problems silversand... hope it works out ok for everyone!

silversand

I hope it also that it will work for everyone melly  :)

iwannashagsimon

Finally got the thing to download, but I can not find those 25,000,000 they mention.  Has anyone managed to download music from it yet?  Or at leaast find any music to download?  I've searched and searched and found nothing.  Guess they are still working out the bugs.

melly

says on "download" page that you can search for music, but not download it at the moment...  you can only use it to import what music you already have in your 'puter over to qtrax... I imagine once the downloading of the actual program is complete world wide, the downloading of music will be made available... I think they have been somewhat overwhelmed by the response, which surprises me, but hey, they are "pioneers" here, so hiccups are to be expected...

scatcat

Quote from: melly on January 30, 2008, 09:46:50
says on "download" page that you can search for music, but not download it at the moment...  you can only use it to import what music you already have in your 'puter over to qtrax...

this sounds abit suss to me...   :shock: :shock:  :twisted:
i still haven't got a response.. I'll try in next few days as  i not feel well today to deal with downloading !
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Carnage Visor

I am having a musical orgasm right now!!!  :eek:

I wonder if they have rare-er stuff in the gothic/post-punk genre...perhaps some Christian Death or Theatre of Hate??? I've been looking for stuff like that...

Thanks for the link! :)

melly

Okay, noticed on the QTRAX that there are some countries "up and running", Australia not being one of them. So, anyone from US, UK, SPAIN, ITALY,NETHERLANDS, DENMARK, BELGIUM and SWEDEN could you do us all a favour and see if it IS really working now? You have to download it and the addy is www.qtrax.com. It's for Windows only at this stage. Will be interesting to hear from anyone who has success with it.
Thanks!