Amnesty International petition

Started by dsanchez, February 08, 2008, 19:31:18

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

From TheCure.com

Prior to heading out on our Curiosa Festival Tour in 2004, we joined Amnesty International in calling for the release of prisoner Yury Bandazhevsky. We asked you to help by signing a petition on his behalf online and at our concerts. Thousands of signatures and less than a year later, we received the welcome news that he had been released!

We are about to head out on the European leg of our 4Tour, and are once again joining Amnesty International to call for the release of a prisoner of conscience. Ma Khin Khin Leh is in jail right now for doing something we all do at each and every Cure concert - she has been denied the basic human right of Freedom of Assembly. We hope you will all once again give your support by signing another petition at our shows and online.

Sign the petition
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

I hope it works this time around too!   :!:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

rodney

I love how in a thread about something as important as this, people on the official site are still prattling on about Argentina and the new album release date.

dsanchez

Quote from: rodney on February 08, 2008, 23:47:06
I love how in a thread about something as important as this, people on the official site are still prattling on about Argentina and the new album release date.

Exactly. Is really sad how (some) people don't really give a shit about anything.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

silversand

It's a very important thing in my opinion. I will sign the petition for sure :)
Yes, i also hope that the petition will work.

Thanks for the info David :)

Signed it :D

robiola

Everybody sign!!! It takes about half a minute!

feebee42

I signed the petition while I was at the Oslo show.
I think it's important to show support.
My daughter signed too.
We chatted to the guys running the Amnesty table at the arena, and got free badges.  :)
There is no end to the stars and the wind.
There is only you yourself,
who aren't who you think you are.

melly

I would think that there would be a LOT of Cure fans who have signed this, we have, it is sad to read of such heartbreak.... we are SO lucky here in Australia...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...