Prayer Tour Memories - 20th Anniversary

Started by ChoonyFish, June 10, 2009, 17:06:36

Previous topic - Next topic

othervoices

20 years ago today (21 July) I was depressed! Thought that was it - best gig of my life over... I'd never see them again... then came the garden party at Crystal Palace in Aug '90!!!

ChoonyFish

Quote from: othervoices on July 21, 2009, 15:10:43
20 years ago today (21 July) I was depressed! Thought that was it - best gig of my life over... I'd never see them again... then came the garden party at Crystal Palace in Aug '90!!!
Yes, that's pretty much how I viewed it too.  I daydreamed about it so much on the 21st - I didn't want the memories to fade - I forced myself to remember as much detail as possible! So glad I did, it seems to have worked.

So yes, Crystal Palace was the second time I saw them, it was exciting.  But I preferred the Birmingham gig.  The Plainsong opener (as opposed to Shake Dog Shake) - and that lake was a bummer!  Still a great day and a fab trip (this time with friends), but Birm was the benchmark to gauge all other gigs on.  That first time was really extra special.

othervoices

Crystal Palace was a different gig/day altogether... Wayne Hussey appearing with All About Eve, Lush and James supporting...

Much more of a "summer" feel... including some rarely played songs (lament stands out)... not the same as Birmingham/Prayer Tour - the version of faith here was the best I've heard!

ChoonyFish

Yes, very different day indeed. Yes, Lament was indeed great and it was the first time I heard the classic 10:15/Killng an Arab encore. 

Just looking at the setlist - there were a lot of different songs!  In Your House, Dressing Up, Catch...  And my first time for Play for Today too.