2007.08.14 Auckland - Vector Arena (New Zealand)

Started by psychophysio, July 05, 2007, 07:39:48

Previous topic - Next topic

x-rays

Quote from: dsanchez on August 14, 2007, 16:37:32
Quote from: [labyrinth] on August 14, 2007, 16:32:51
nice setlist...

FAITH !!!  :rocker

Why everyone likes faith?  :D

"All cats are gray" should be played, instead :smth023

As for me, I would really love to hear... Other Voices!  :) I think it's a lot of time since they last played it...
[color=red][b]Plastic Passion Webmaster[/b]
[i]A Cure Trading Site[/i][/color]

rabbit_

Yes yes yes yes yes yes!

It was amazing!

Don't see what everyone was complaining about with the sound, I was standing about a row back but right in front of the microphone (But, everyone seems to be saying that.)

It was absoloutley outstanding and I can't wait for the recording.

Did anyone get pictures or video? I did see many people with their cameras out.

rybian

Quote from: rabbit_ on August 17, 2007, 00:17:37
Yes yes yes yes yes yes!

It was amazing!

Don't see what everyone was complaining about with the sound, I was standing about a row back but right in front of the microphone (But, everyone seems to be saying that.)

If you were close to the front of the stage you will find that a lot of the sound you hear will come via the onstage monitors and amps etc. The main PA at most shows projects out more from than in front of the stage area which is why it would not have benn as noticeable for you.After 30 years of concert going I can say when the levels from the bass and drummers kick bass were the highest I have ever heard from any band and that includes a lot of metal acts etc.Standing at the back of the floor it felt like someone was hitting my chest with a hammer.The sound guy definately ramped the sound up about halfway through the show and in particular the bottom end

rybian

I should have the show ready and uploaded in the next day or so.For those of you who have PM'd me I can confirm this was not recorded in wav but as 320k MP3.However I will also make the conveted to wav files available as flac so you will have the best available quality possible from the master.In the meantime heres a track I know a few of you have been hanging out for

Faith - Auckland 14-08-07  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PLU46WEI

j

You are not going to get any better quality by converting mp3 to wav to FLAC.  Once it is compressed down to mp3, it is worthless to convert it to anything else.  The idea of wav is that it is NOT compressed.  FLAC is a way of shrinking the wav file size without compressing the file.  You can convert wav to FLAC without compressing the wav file, but once it is in mp3, that compression is there for good.

rybian

Quote from: j on August 17, 2007, 18:02:49
You are not going to get any better quality by converting mp3 to wav to FLAC.  Once it is compressed down to mp3, it is worthless to convert it to anything else.  The idea of wav is that it is NOT compressed.  FLAC is a way of shrinking the wav file size without compressing the file.  You can convert wav to FLAC without compressing the wav file, but once it is in mp3, that compression is there for good.

I am well aware of all of the above but by creating the Flac files I can create the md5 file so  the integrity of the downloaded files can be checked

ernest newman

a 320k mp3 is still quite good, we will take what we can get from down under! Please post the 320k mp3 versions!

dsanchez

Quote from: rybian on August 17, 2007, 21:29:09
I am well aware of all of the above but by creating the Flac files I can create the md5 file so  the integrity of the downloaded files can be checked

I thought people just check the the integrity of the downloaded files when it's a loseless format. Not for mp3  :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

rybian

Quote from: dsanchez on August 17, 2007, 22:54:51
Quote from: rybian on August 17, 2007, 21:29:09

I thought people just check the the integrity of the downloaded files when it's a loseless format. Not for mp3  :roll:

Gee and I thought it was all about the music not what damn format it's in.I really don't care about arguing over mp3 vs wav/flac/shn etc etc.Some of the shows I listen to all the time I have only ever got as a lossy format but ultimately I'm listening to the performance and not analysing the file format.Tell you what - just download the megaupload file I will post from my site that will be 320k mp3/wav/192mp3 - that will give you something to really whine about.

btw the md5 file is to check the integrity of the file that is downloaded to confirm it is exactly the same as the original file - format makes no difference,it's only the data in the files thats important.bye 

kissingcrimson

this may be a silly question...but do I need a special code to download the 'Faith' in Auckland file? Cheers :P xkc
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

nausearockpig

the megaupload page should give you one of those "enter the text you see below into this box", one of those lines of letters and numbers with a funny background or lines thru it so a magical computer can't hack it an do something with the file...

kissingcrimson

Cheers Javier :) yep you have to enter the letter in the box. yay! thanks
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

nausearockpig

no dramas..

it sounds pretty sweet...can't wait for the rest of it..

Gothfiend

Thanks again Rybian, very appreciated, cant wait for the entire show  :smth023
I really couldnt give a shit what format its in either, as long as it sounds half-decent.  Lets get some perspective, it is is a boot after all - sheesh  :smth017   

dsanchez

Quote from: rybian on August 18, 2007, 03:31:43
format makes no difference,it's only the data in the files thats important.bye 

I respect your opinion, but I really have to disagree with this. Format DOES makes a difference. I will not go into details now, because there have been already a pretty  long discussion about mp3 vs loseless formats, long time ago. Marika put it good:

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,3037.msg18346.html#msg18346

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo