2011.11.15 London - Royal Albert Hall (England)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2011, 18:10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

andykn

Anyone know what time they're on?

I've had a quick look up this thread and on the official site but all I could see was the timings of each bit of the set. Working back from an 11pm close (common in UK venues) gives me around 8pm.

Sussex

Quote from: dsanchez on November 13, 2011, 21:07:15
See you tomorrow some of you and the rest on Tuesday! Don't forget your t-shirts, your Cure make-up, and specially, your concert tickets! lol :rocker

Safe journey everyone! Do provide us with a lot of photos. Make sure curefans gathering is fullfilled,and let The Cure do the rest...you are going to blow your mind indeed.  :smth023

p/s : Kissy...if you're going, you are the luckiest curefan on earth!! :smth020

Long live The Cure.
"Thick As Shit"

Mary

Hello!
I'm so excited about seeing The Cure tonight!
I hope I can meet many curefans there
Kisses

Mary

andykn

Quote from: andykn on November 14, 2011, 18:46:43
Anyone know what time they're on?

I've had a quick look up this thread and on the official site but all I could see was the timings of each bit of the set. Working back from an 11pm close (common in UK venues) gives me around 8pm.
...and I wasn't far out. Really enjoyed that, hope you all did too.

andykn

Quote from: tdcrjeff on November 16, 2011, 17:16:13
There's a recording up on Dime already.
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=382021
It's amazing how easy a good quality recording is to do nowadays.

If you have an iPhone with Voice Recorder/Voice Memos just turn it on, stick it upside down in your top pocket and don't chat while the songs are on. The 40 mins of encores took about 20mb.

dsanchez

just got home after an endless trip. will back with more info later. it was great to meet you!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

Quote from: andykn on November 16, 2011, 17:56:57
Quote from: tdcrjeff on November 16, 2011, 17:16:13
There's a recording up on Dime already.
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=382021
It's amazing how easy a good quality recording is to do nowadays.

If you have an iPhone with Voice Recorder/Voice Memos just turn it on, stick it upside down in your top pocket and don't chat while the songs are on. The 40 mins of encores took about 20mb.
Yeah, and enjoy your ears bleeding from a crappy distorted recording.  :oops:

Even the recording on Dime was made with really crap mics (but with a nice recorder). Well, a recording is only as good as its weakest link.

Stealth recording is not that hard, I'll admit... But it takes some time, patience, and a willingness to invest in some decent gear!

dsanchez

How can I work when my mind is still at the Royal Albert Hall?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

andykn

Quote from: lostflower4 on November 17, 2011, 11:29:39
But it's just not that bad, certainly not distorted.

lostflower4

Quote from: andykn on November 17, 2011, 13:45:16
Quote from: lostflower4 on November 17, 2011, 11:29:39
But it's just not that bad, certainly not distorted.

Which recording are you talking about?  Two have been uploaded so far, neither seem promising, but I was actually talking about this hypothetical iPhone voice recorder version...

andykn

Quote from: lostflower4 on November 17, 2011, 14:29:01
Which recording are you talking about?  Two have been uploaded so far, neither seem promising, but I was actually talking about this hypothetical iPhone voice recorder version...
So am I. I did it for most of the encores and it doesn't sound at all bad. I haven't listened to the uploaded ones yet.

dsanchez

Quote from: andykn on November 17, 2011, 15:00:31
So am I. I did it for most of the encores and it doesn't sound at all bad. I haven't listened to the uploaded ones yet.

can you attach a sample of the iPhone recording just to have an idea? Just curious. Thanks!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

andykn

Quote from: dsanchez on November 17, 2011, 15:09:27
can you attach a sample of the iPhone recording just to have an idea? Just curious. Thanks!
Sure, I need to edit it a bit first (tip, turn it off when you go to the loo  :oops:)