Best of: Disintegration

Started by dsanchez, January 19, 2006, 17:45:26

Previous topic - Next topic

which is your favourite song in this album?

Plainsong
22 (19%)
Pictures Of You
10 (8.6%)
Closedown
2 (1.7%)
Love Song
2 (1.7%)
Last Dance
6 (5.2%)
Lullaby
3 (2.6%)
Fascination Street
6 (5.2%)
Prayers For Rain
10 (8.6%)
The Same Deep Water As Yo
19 (16.4%)
Disintegration
23 (19.8%)
Homesick
7 (6%)
Untitled
6 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Cure

my fav is last dance, but i'd choose
the same deep water as you
i love sad songs
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Aarna

Hard...
The same deep water as you, I think...
[img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0694e17544.jpg[/img]
www.eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com

themurderchair

Quote from: adam60 on April 20, 2007, 10:58:58
I was also looking at it and i couldnm't believe no one voted for Lullaby. It's one of the highlights on the triology.

Fantastic album. hard to chose just one song but I love Prayers For rain. Really under rated and great lyrics.

ditto with the lullaby thing.
then again, i would've voted for plainsong, disintegration or fascination street.
but still, its suprising.
oh, i also expected more for love song.
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

Aarna

Lullaby is a cult song of that album, imo. I guess everyone thinks it's obvious so needn't' vote for it. Or maybe it's just my view on it.

themurderchair

Quote from: Aarna on June 23, 2007, 03:24:09
Lullaby is a cult song of that album, imo. I guess everyone thinks it's obvious so needn't' vote for it. Or maybe it's just my view on it.

yeah, you're probably right.
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

Janko

WELL...

DISINTEGRATION

LIVE VERSION WITH PORL  IS EVEN BETTER!

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Aarna

Not a huge fan of live performances myself...except for The Cure :-D They sound good either way

Janko

Quote from: Aarna on June 24, 2007, 17:11:53
Not a huge fan of live performances myself...except for The Cure :-D They sound good either way

WELL, LIVE DISISNTEGRATION HAS THIS EXTRA GUITAR PART THAT CAN BE HEARD WHEN PORL PLAYED THE SONG...

IT CAN BE HEARD ON EVERY BOOTLEG FROM THAT ERA AND IT SOUNDS FANTASTIC BECAUSE BOTH ROBERT AND PORL ARE PLAYINGG IT IN UNISON (SIX STRING BASS+GUITAR)

:smth020
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

rubcure

Very, very hard for me... Plainsong brings me so much memories... and I love listen to The same deep water as you... but I voted Prayers for rain finally; I think the atmosphere of this song is basically the essence of The Cure in my particular point of view. :smth020

This is my favourite album ever!! So i think all songs are finally my favourites!  :-D

Pictures of you, Lullaby, Closedown, Homesick, Untitled, Lovesong, Last dance, Fascination stree, Disintegration!!!... now I think is unfair to pick just one!!!  :smth011
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

jakso

Disintegration (whole album) it's masterpiece for me....I choose Plainsong.... I still get a shiver when I am listening this song...  :D

Steve

Prayers For Rain every time.
The whole album is astonishing TBH, but this song makes me stop dead in my tracks & insist nobody speaks until it's finished.
Truly a masterpiece. 8)
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

robiola

After much deliberation, I chose Plainsong. The way it starts out barely teasing you and then suddenly explodes into full, gorgeous sound makes my heart skip a beat every time.

Least favorite, Lovesong.

Cure Freak

I love the whole album. It's hard to pick just one.

Lady

Mmmm...well, this time it's very very difficult for me...oh God....I really don't know, I love the entire album, it's my favourite one!!! :smth060

Fascination street, lullaby, pictures of you, plainsong, lovesong...but I think I'm going to pick THE SAME DEEP WATER AS YOU, just for the way I feel when I listen to this song...it's like if all the walls come down inside of me and I feel a knot in my stomach... :roll:

Don't know what this song has...
Don't know what this album has.... 
:smth049 :smth049 :smth049 :smth049 :smth049
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

B.DEE

Last Dance.

It sits right in the middle of side one, when things really get going.
It sort of sets an underlying mood for the whole album. It's very unassuming, but it packs such an emotional punch.
(apparently it's about his sister, not a lover).
Also, Robert's vocals are at their finest in this song.

All that being said, it was a hard choice to make between Last Dance and Homesick.
Constantly talking is not necessarily communicating.