Started by j, August 11, 2007, 05:28:50

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on November 26, 2008, 06:48:22
Quote from: japanesebaby on November 25, 2008, 09:47:01
Quote from: crowbi_wan on November 25, 2008, 03:08:45
I hate the snow.  Yuck!
:? really?
well i wouldn't love to live in antarctica either or something but i really do love having all four seasons: snowy winter, +30C in the summer, "proper" springs and autumns there in between those two. one must have the extremes, otherwise it doesn't feel like it's quite right.

Really?  :lol:

what's so funny about it?  :?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

It looks like much of the US is experiencing some pretty harsh weather.  Here in Seattle our Winter Solstice festival was postponed due to too much winter weather.  Go figure.

Maybe some of you saw this clip on the news of a bus crash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ddbV2z39G4&feature=related

:shock:

It is so damn icy out right now and it's only going to get worse.  More snow/rain and below freezing temperatures are expected throughout the week and into next.  Even worse, high winds are expected tonight which always results in downed power lines in some areas.  Currently it's 17 F.  Yikes!  It's not supposed to get that cold here!     

j

Maybe now isn't the time for me to mention that I am in sunny central Florida for a week. It is a beautiful 80 F!

crowbi_wan

j, you suck!

But hey, I'll be in Puerto Vallarta for a week shortly after Xmas.  :-D

nausearockpig

It's pretty much summer weather here in Bris-vegas 9 months of the year... it does get stinking hot from October to Feb here. muggy too...

Sydney and Melbourne both have extreme heat but more normal seasons than Brisbane..

crowbi_wan

Quote from: nausearockpig on December 21, 2008, 00:14:03
Bris-vegas

Speaking of Vegas...

Even they got some snow earlier this week.  3.6 inches!  :eek:

lostflower4

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 20, 2008, 17:43:30It is so damn icy out right now and it's only going to get worse.  More snow/rain and below freezing temperatures are expected throughout the week and into next.  Even worse, high winds are expected tonight which always results in downed power lines in some areas.  Currently it's 17 F.  Yikes!  It's not supposed to get that cold here!

When I went out yesterday afternoon it was -3° F (that's -20° C for our friends from other parts of the world).  :x

I haven't been keeping any stats, but I can pretty much tell you that we've already had more snow this year than we did all of last year!

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

nausearockpig

lostflower4

Quote from: dsanchez on December 22, 2008, 01:33:33
Quote from: lostflower4 on December 21, 2008, 12:22:41
When I went out yesterday afternoon it was -20° C

:?

That seems like nothing now...

Current temperature is -18° F (-28° C).

fiction

Well I live in Uppsala, in the east part of Sweden and here the temperatures varies from around -30C (rather cold) in the winter and up to +30-35C during the summer. As I will remember it, it used to be more snow during our winters some ten years ago. As it is now the snow just tends to fall, melt and float away as water. Sometimes during the winter it rain as often as it snows. But those times the temperature isn´t that cold of course.
again and again and again and again and again and...

nausearockpig

Quote from: lostflower4 on December 22, 2008, 15:33:32
Current temperature is -18° F (-28° C).

How the HELL do you people live in these conditions? How do you function?

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4 on December 22, 2008, 15:33:32
Current temperature is -28° C

:? :?

(here's 2°C and I'm yet complaining!)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

iwannashagsimon

Nothing realy extreme about today's weather--if it was in the spring!  It got to a record high of 61 F(16 C)with a tornado watch that supposedly produced 5 tornadoes (they haven't been confirmed yet).  And now it's currently 27 F(-2 C) with snow.

japanesebaby

we've been having around -15 C (5 F) for almost a week now and actually i really like it. it's nothing extreme but i like it because it's  some real winter, not some pussy kind of winter (sorry :-P).

(that vegas pic was weird!)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine