Whispering (and other noises)

Started by lordsquidy13, November 03, 2007, 23:04:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik

Biig mistake!

I'm sorry about the confusion:  you are all right ( and I'm wrong)  the lyrics that are whispered are not at the beginning of Gone!,  they are at the very end of Round and Round and Round, just before!

I guess I was listening to the CD in order, for achange, and got it wrong!

anyway,  I still don't know what is said!
Erik

vrist

What do you think about Disintegration 0:41?

Erik

Quote from: vrist on April 06, 2008, 20:41:49
What do you think about Disintegration 0:41?

Yes!!

exactly,  and also at 2:12 ?? 

It's amazing how often you can hear an amazing track,  and know somehow that something is said,  but never really stop to wonder about it...

anyway, I'd love to know!
Erik

japanesebaby

what are the distorted words at the very end of 'coming up'?

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Sussex

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 22, 2009, 16:12:16

if im not mistaken..."Don't say this..." :roll:
"Thick As Shit"

mothtoaflame

At the end of Gone! he says "It's got to be jazz 'cause that's what she wants."  :smth020
dull, dull, dull epigrams!

Matti

Quote from: Sussex on July 01, 2009, 12:06:48
Quote from: japanesebaby on May 22, 2009, 16:12:16

if im not mistaken..."Don't say this..."

I'm afraid You are mistaken though... It's actually "Daisy... daisy..." which is a quotation from Kubrick's 2001 movie. The highly intelligent computer HAL 9000, one of the main characters in the film, has to be switched off at the end, and his last utterance is an attempt to sing a children's song - "Daisy". Robert sounds very much like HAL becoming disfuntional while singing (i.e. slowing down).
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

TheyCallMeP

I have no idea what is being said in the song Three, I'll have to look again to see what time it is but I think its closer to the beginning of the song. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

dsanchez

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on June 15, 2011, 05:55:59
Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
you mean what he says at the end of the song? (from 1:45)?

The Cure - Three

I don't understand what Bob is singing there either :smth100
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

TheyCallMeP

If you could tell me what he says around 1:45 that would be awesome (I have no idea). But it also sounds like there is something around 0:10 as well.

TheyCallMeP

Damn it, looked under your video and saw you didn't know either haha. Do you hear it around 0:10 though?

dsanchez

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on June 15, 2011, 18:23:46
Damn it, looked under your video and saw you didn't know either haha. Do you hear it around 0:10 though?

Yeah, you're right. There's something from 0:09, but I don't understand it either. Anyone?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

johnsinister

I Would Like To Know What is Robert Mumbling in the beginning of Disintegration (song)....also weird thing i mixed in athe Audacity prayers for rain (inverted left speaker and put it to mono) and play right after the first drum crush you hear ghostly like said: PrAyErS FoR RaIn....and that ghost voice continues to talk throughout whole song and the effects of Robert Voice hets even creepier than normally.....
...Still every night I burn
Every night I scream your name
Every night I burn
Every night the dream's the same...

johnsinister

Quote from: dsanchez on June 15, 2011, 15:08:07
Quote from: TheyCallMeP on June 15, 2011, 05:55:59

I don't understand what Bob is singing there either :smth100

'Enough of that! Stand up straight! What nonsense!'
'No,' I said, my face close to the ground, 'I'll stay as I am'.
'You really can annoy a person, I must say. Such a waste of time! Come on, put an end to it.'" (The Drum Comes)
Taken from 'Description of a Struggle' by Franz Kafka !

Its Really like a soundtrack
...Still every night I burn
Every night I scream your name
Every night I burn
Every night the dream's the same...

Fdipper

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 06, 2008, 14:46:56no Poe, Erik means the hidden/background/whispered lyrics, not the opening lines of those songs.

Quote from: Erik on April 04, 2008, 05:37:19Can anybody help me with the sentence at the beginning of Gone! ?

"one, two..." and then just some mumbling/"instrumental singing". i don't think there's anything else in there, really(?).

Quote from: Erik on April 04, 2008, 05:37:19The beginning ti ItUsed to be Me?

i've always just heard "this one this one this one..." repeated, but i don't know if that's what he really says there. but myself i find it being as part of the instrumental track really, and so i never really thought it was so important what the "lyrics" were.

Of it comes to Gone, he sings:
One...Two...uh
And then the song plays.
But the uh is very fast and short. And silent.
Lime Green Lime Green and Tangerine