2007.08.08 Brisbane - Entertainment Centre (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, June 13, 2007, 18:53:23

Previous topic - Next topic

toneta

I must say I was surprised that not more people were getting into it from the floor as well. I was standing next to someone who, like me, was singing/mouthing the words to every song and was dancing along. However, in front of me was a couple who didn't move (actually, only moved to get a better look at Robert), until the last encore - very surprising.

I loved the rocky aspect as well.... I have been in that musical frame of mind lately, so that was fantastic! The funny thing I noticed - was holding my water bottle in my hand, and could feel the base pulsating through it. Shouldn't be surprised (that I know), however it was just wonderful to feel that sensation in the bottle and then through my hand/up my arm!!!

nausearockpig

@ Sussex: no man can't make it to the sydney shows..

@ Toneta: I noticed that a lot of the people there were in their 30s or older but didn't know really know the non-singles... v strange. i wouldn't bother going to see a band [and paying over 100.00] unless i really like their music - most of it i mean. you're lucky to get a good look at Robert, I was four rows back on the left [looking at the stage] and he only came over two or three times.. except for all the times they went off stage..

there was a girl/woman with long dark hair in a sparkly top on side of stage near the steps up to the stage who was watching some of the show. i wonder who she was. couldn't see her properly..

and i noticed that there was a microphone on the left side speaker stack. it looked like and omni-directional one... wonder what that's about???

toneta

Quote from: nausearockpig on August 09, 2007, 09:01:34
and i noticed that there was a microphone on the left side speaker stack. it looked like and omni-directional one... wonder what that's about???

I am guessing from the rest of your post, you where over near Porl, so this microphone was near that side? Because - guess what - there was one over one the right hand side too, which I only noticed when the concert was over. The roadie checking Simon's stuff filmed the audience right before the Cure started, which I presumed was the thing the Cure traditionally did (ie - film the audience before the gig, watch it, then come on stage)????

I wasn't as close as you were, however I wasn't too far back, and probably 1.5 meters to the side of Robert (in Simon's direction). As I said, had a good view of all them - Robert got a little obscured at times, but that just gave me the opportunity to watch more of Simon and Porl.

Yes, was strange with the 30+ age-bracket, I agree. There seemed to be a lot of people who just wanted to stare, and I got the impression they didn't really know the songs because they only got 'active' with the more popular/known/'greatest hits' tracks.

In any case, that doesn't matter - I had a fantastic time, and so did you!!!! :-D

Didn't see the woman on the side of the stage...... curious....  :roll:

kissingcrimson

Javier well done, at least you tried..it takes guts! thanks for the review
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

nausearockpig

cheers kissingcrimson

yeah i was very near Porl.. in the group of seats to his right, four rows back.. they were good seats.. if you got to www.cure-concrets.de and click the 2007 link then click the Brisbane show, you'll see my ticket scan there...

re the mics i know from interviews etc that Robert used to record the 1982 shows [i think] and then review the band's performance each night. maybe he was trying to get an audience perspective of the show?

or maybe he reads this forum and will post a copy of the show for us to download and enjoy...yeh maybe....

Sussex

Quote from: nausearockpig on August 09, 2007, 09:29:40

or maybe he reads this forum and will post a copy of the show for us to download and enjoy...yeh maybe....

:-D

p/s: By the way..thanks for the review Javier..
"Thick As Shit"

nausearockpig

Quote from: Sussex on August 09, 2007, 09:46:55

p/s: By the way..thanks for the review Javier..

no problems, my pleasure mate.

i'll probably give a more detailed review based on the few notes i took when i'm in a better mood.. pretty bummed about the recording failure situation...

hush

People around me were getting into it.
But I was the only was singing along && dancing wildly. Ha.
I was surprised they sang "Shake Dog Shake" && "Fire in Cairo"
I love those songs.

nausearockpig

Yeah this is what I mean. Apart from Just Like Heaven, Close To Me, The Walk, Let's Go To Bed etc, the crowd was pretty lame... not the reaction I expected.. I get the feeling that a lot of people would be complaining that they didn't play all their other singles.. I can imagine "What is this shit???" was said a lot by a lot of people... oh well their loss.

I loved At Night et al...

Bloodflower2000

How many fans were with the Concert in Brisbaine, Adelaide, Hong Kong and Singapore??

billee

Thanks for all your effort Javier , you are a legend. Hmmmm with the comments about the 30 plusses only bopping and singing to the chart hits does that mean I'll  be the old chook ( 45) singin " something small falls out of you mouth and we laugh" . I'll be singing and dancin to One Hundred Years and all the rest. Bring it on.  :D :lol:

:D
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

Lady

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

j

Don't sweat the recording thing, Javier.  It happens to the best of us.  I have always really liked Alice in Chains and was thrilled to be able to see them at the Download Festival in Dublin in June of last year.  They sounded great, and had a great set.  I also recorded Metallica.  Apparently gout runs in my family (my grandfather, uncle, and younger brother all have it), and I developed a rather painful case of it in my feet while in Ireland.  It was so painful that I could literally barely walk to my car after this concert.  I hung in there because I wanted to make the tape of the show.  I was beyond disappointed when I got home and the recording was crap....it sounded like a ton of people in a room listening to a radio and singing along.   :smth011

Just a shame it happened to you during the show you REALLY wanted!

spherikus

since no one's posted any pictures yet, I shall subject you to some of the terrible terrible pics that I took with my phone.

strange_day

For a camera phone, they really arent bad at all.  ;)

Thanks..... Simons red bass is awesome  :rocker