Looking for a "Cure" name for a rescued dog :)

Started by MintQR, October 29, 2012, 13:02:16

Previous topic - Next topic

MintQR

Hello everyone!

I thought you guys could help me out with something :)
I spent my last weekend camping or rather caravaning in the mountains. As soon as I arrived at the camping site a hungry, deserted dog greeted me and refused to leave ever since. The weather was a bit nasty and soon it started snowing so we fed him and got him inside.

And so, Sunday evening I took this foundling home and decided to adopt him :)

Now I need you guys to help me out with a proper "The Cure" name for him. What do you think?

MintQR

Jencantgetthathigh

1.Robin gallith (Robert Smith and Simon Gallup)
2.Candystripe (lullaby lyric)
3.Forest (a forest)
4.Poole (Mary Poole, Roberts wife)
5.Trust (song)
That's all I can think of right now! They're kind of general names because I don't know whether ita a boy or a girl! Hope I could help, good luck with your dog  :)

Matti

and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

PicturesOfYou

There's nothing left but hope...

"Studiare, capire e lavorare sodo per cambiare il mondo"

MintQR

Hey guys!!!

I just came back with a long walk with ... the Dog :) and decided to check whether anyone had any ideas about the name.

BTW - It's a boy :D sorry I didn't make it clear before! He's awfully sweet and playful and kind of fluffy as you can see from the pic. One of his eyes is yellow and the other one brown. He's actually by my side right now licking my elbow.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I really like Trust and Shakedog (haha!!) but maybe you still have some other ideas?  :-D

Ok gotta go feed him!!!

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

413dream

MintQR

BOB is definitely the name! BUT... my husband had a german shepherd named Bob (Bob as in Robert Smith of course), but he passed away 2 years ago. It seems somehow wrong to call this guy the same name.

At the moment we decided to call him Cooper, because his hair is kind of blondish and Jason-Cooper-ish ;)
The only problem is that "Cooper" sounds like "kuper" in Polish which means .. "croup" and people seem to take it the wrong way  :lol: Well anyways here's some more pics of Cooper :D

413dream

I understand, why not "Bob" :( Cooper is great name - I just remember also Alice Cooper:) haha, but he has different hair style :D

dsanchez

Quote from: MintQR on November 02, 2012, 11:14:47
At the moment we decided to call him Cooper, because his hair is kind of blondish and Jason-Cooper-ish ;)

that sounds like a good name :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MintQR

thanks guys!!! I really appreciate all your helpful comments :D

Cooper seems to like Galore a lot, I'm playing it right now, while working at my office, Cooper lying at the entrance to my room and wagging his tale to the beat :P