2007.08.12 Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, June 13, 2007, 18:54:28

Previous topic - Next topic

~*CherryRed*~

:rocker Oh christ.. I can't wait any longer! I feel like I'm going to POP open from the anticipation of it all :!:
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Amber Mustang

Hey everyone,

I've been watching the boards for a while and now, a day before the show have decided to say hello. You guys are lovely!

I'm a 21 year old chick and this will be my first time seeing the band. I'm so excited I have to stop myself from screaming. Everyone at work is sick of hearing about the Cure concert (they seem to be the type of band people either love or hate) and last night I bounced around my house to 'Just Like Heaven', I was so happy and excited.

What an amazing band - their longevity is testament to that! The bunch of people I'm going to the concert with is truly a representation of how many generations and backgrounds the band has touched over the years. Myself, a lady in her 40's, another lady in her 30's, a guy in his 40's and a 15 year old.

Juan has already made contact with me for before or after concert drinks which would be great so I could meet you guys.

kissingcrimson

It's tommorow!!!!! Welcome Amber!... Tommorow is going to be awesome!
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

Sussex

Quote from: kissingcrimson on August 11, 2007, 03:15:57
It's tommorow!!!!! Welcome Amber!... Tommorow is going to be awesome!

So exited dont you...hehe.. :-D
"Thick As Shit"

kissingcrimson

So exited dont you...hehe.. :-D

Oh yes....excited  happy, and every other warm and fuzzy feeling one can feel!

I'm sure you'll be joining us in spirit!

Sussex

Quote from: kissingcrimson on August 11, 2007, 05:08:19

I'm sure you'll be joining us in spirit!

Of course babe..Just to remind you if they play The Kiss...just remember me.. :-D

because i love that song so much..

Simon bass line would be wonderful..i promise you.. :rocker
"Thick As Shit"

kissingcrimson

We must all do our best to make tomorrow a memorable Australian concert for our CURE boys as it is the last one for the tour!!!! ....NZ next

billee

Welcome Amber. I think we're all the same it will be a fantastic night We'll make sure of that.
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

billee

Nigh Nighs everyone. Try to get a good rest tonight if not sleep. Need lots of energy for tomorrow night.    See you at Rod Laver!!!!!! ;) ;)
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

boneheadhaggar

welcome Amber, hope all you guys going tomorrow make it a memorable last night in Oz for the Cure, hope you get a few suprises in the setlist too :rocker
its nice to be nice

bomber2007

The best live show I have seen since The Cure 1992 :

------------------------
soundcheck (correct order) :
lullaby
how beautiful you are...
jumping someone else's train
open

-------------------------

I will have the 100% correct order for the MELBOURNE setlist I have posted in the next few days.
main set (incorrect order) :
intro : tape
open
fascination street
alt.end
the blood 
a night like this
the walk
the end of the world
lullaby
lovesong
pictures of you
hot hot hot !!!
push
in between days
primary
how beautiful you are...
just like heaven
shake dog shake
us or them
never enough
from the edge of the deep green sea
wrong number
one hundred years
shiver and shake
end
-----------------------------
encores (correct order) :
1st encore :
If Only Tonight We COuld Sleep
The Kiss

2nd encore :
Friday I'm In Love
Let's Go To Bed
Close To Me
Why Can't I Be You?

3rd encore
Three Imaginary Boys
Fire In Cairo
Boys Don't Cry
Jumping Someone Else's Train
Grinding Halt
10.15 Saturday Night
Killing An Arab

Tof

Thanks for the setlist bomber2007  :smth023

Another great show !!!

Tof

bomber2007

Pretty much the entire crowd was standing up for the last 2 encores !

boneheadhaggar

its nice to be nice

Amber Mustang

Wow guys, that show was incredible! Even though I was up in the bleachers I thoroughly enjoyed the show and the spectacle of a flawless performance by 4 very talented musicians. The lighting was amazing and Robert's voice was incredible. Much respect to them for playing nearly 4 whole hours. What pros.

The tracks that stand out in my mind;

Pictures Of You - One of my faves and just so hauntingly beautiful live. Sent shivers down my spine and tears to my eyes. The main blue lights with the white flickering lights were pretty so they really suited the song.

How Beautiful You Are - Ironically one of the songs I've been playing non stop since I recently bought the Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me album. Absolutely love it and was please to see it translated live, even without the keyboards. Did I hear correctly when Robert said he hadn't played the song in 20 years? Was this the surprise in the setlist

Fascination Street - Another one of my absolute faves - love that strong, thumping bassline and was pleased they could pull it off without keyboards.

The Walk - WOW! Never even considered this song to play live because it's dancy/techno but it was done fabulously. Amazing.

If Only Tonight We Could Sleep - Another favorite. Fantastic experiencing that Eastern sound live. Warm lights really suited the feel of the song.

The Blood - Really showcased Robert's talent as a guitarist.

Push - f*cking love this song. Great to hear that distint haunting riff ring out throughout the arena. Great live.

Expectedly, Without You, Just Like Heaven, Let's Go To Bed and Close To Me brought the house down. Great energy, everyone was dancing and smiling. Great to be a part of.

10:15 Saturday night - What a great choice for one of the last songs. Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip drip...

Worth every cent. Re-affirmed in my mind how talented and special the band is. Would do it again, and hopefully get a lot closer. The music is now embedded into me and the concert will stay with me forever.

Am I correct in thinking that someone managed to throw a curefans.com t-shirt on the stage? It was blue and Robert picked it up and put it behind an amp?