auburn hills '92 setlist

Started by japanesebaby, July 17, 2006, 17:11:36

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

something that just keeps coming back to me every now and then:

how come the setlist of the second night of auburn hills '92 (1992-07-19) is really unknown?
it just sounds somehow so strange - because there's actually a lot of proof  that a few people did actually attend...
and ok maybe no-one taped it but still, it was even being filmed...
(anybody here who might have some "casual access" to the master tapes of 'show', maybe...? 8) )

but haven't you ever wondered about this? :smt017
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Purple Orchid

Yeah, I've often wondered what songs come from the first night and which ones from the second. I think the addition of the setlist for the first night on cure-concerts.de is very recent, because I had previosly wanted to see the setlists for the two nights nad I remember finding none. But still, have no additional info.
Unfortunately, Roberts voice wasn't in the best shape (he does a down inflection at the end of many phrases, most notably on Pictures Of You, and the drums are very low in the mix. I prefer Entrat!
...when suddenly, behind a tree, I appear
strange mixture of the one-before-the-last wanderer
and first stowaway on the trip to Venus.
Half melon on the head and the stripes of the shirt painted on the skin,
but only you see me...

japanesebaby

Quote from: Purple Orchid
Unfortunately, Roberts voice wasn't in the best shape (he does a down inflection at the end of many phrases, most notably on Pictures Of You, and the drums are very low in the mix. I prefer Entrat!

i agree. as much as i admire many wish tour performnces i think robert's voice wasn't quite so good most of the time. entreat too, but also for instance when compared to many WMS shows. i know there are many people who maybe don't think so highly of WMS tour as they do of wish tour, but when you listen to robert's voice on many WMS shows he's just often in such a great shape - very sure of himself, very natural, a real pleasure to listen to. whereas in many '92 shows (also on 'show') he just sounds a bit too strained to me.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

[quote="japanesebaby
i know there are many people who maybe don't think so highly of WMS tour as they do of wish tour, but when you listen to robert's voice on many WMS shows he's just often in such a great shape - very sure of himself, very natural, a real pleasure to listen to. whereas in many '92 shows (also on 'show') he just sounds a bit too strained to me.[/quote]

as far as the wish and swing tours go, i think the swing tour was far better.  now, the albums they were supporting for the tour...quite the opposite.   wish  :rocker   wms  :smt078

lostflower4

It is completely ridiculous that the only completely unknown show from 1992 was one that was recorded and released officially. I'm sure the band knows, but I suppose they don't have an interest in satisifying every single curiosity we have. :?

By listening to the bootleg of the first night I can tell that a lot of songs were taken from the it, maybe 2/3 or more. Before anyone asks for it, the quality is too lousy. I know there's better version out there. I'm still waiting (you know who you are). :lol:

But I'd have to agree with the voice thing. Some Wish Tours were pretty rough vocal-wise, others pretty decent. It was really up and down. Overall, I think the Wish lineup beats the WMS lineup any day, but I think there is something really special about Swing Tour shows. Marika is right ? Robert's voice never sounded better!

Yves28

Quote from: lostflower4By listening to the bootleg of the first night I can tell that a lot of songs were taken from the it, maybe 2/3 or more. Before anyone asks for it, the quality is too lousy. I know there's better version out there. I'm still waiting (you know who you are). :lol:

Consider you as a happy guy, I never had the chance to get the 1st night complete (bad or good quality) ...  :cry:

:wink: