Lyric Transciption Errors(?)

Started by Bloodflower, March 29, 2007, 04:43:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodflower

This is something that's been rolling around in my mind for awhile, but it's only recently begun to bug me enough to ask you all what you think.

When listening to Pictures of You, particularly the last verse, the lyrics are written in the Disintegration booklet as:

There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel it breaking apart
My pictures of you

However, after countless bouts of careful listening (it IS Pictures of You, after all), I've become convinced that the first "world" in that verse is acually "war," while the second "world" is genuinely "world." Live, it is "world" both times, but I think on the studio recording, the first "world" is "war."

This really isn't significant at all (to most), but I just find it interesting. I prefer the studio lyrics over the transcription error/live versions. Just me?
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

lostflower4

In the first "world" I can hear a "d" pronounced at the end, although it definitely does sound different than the second one. Robert's enunciation has always been a bit strange, so I'm not surprised to hear these inconsistencies.

So to me the first "world" sounds more like "ward". Maybe it's about an experience he had in a mental institution? Hey, I think we might have just discovered a deep dark secret of his. :lol:

As for what's written vs. what's actually sung:  Yes, some of the "offcial" lyrics aren't 100% correct. But I don't think this is one of them.

P.S. Try listening to the single mix of this song. I think the vocals come through a bit clearer.