The Cure music in movies

Started by dsanchez, September 23, 2007, 03:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

I'd like to start this topic to make a list of all songs from The Cure that have been played in movies. Any help will be appreciated!

The Wedding Singer
"Boys don't cry"

A lot like love
"Mint Car"

Marie Antoinette
"Plainsong", "All cats are gray"

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

AlluivialL

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0809733/

all of their songs that have ever been in a movie are there lol...

I think..
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

carycameron

carycameron

2005 Just Like Heaven
"Just like Heaven"  (closing credits)

Carnage Visor

50 First Dates has a song by them...what was it again?

(OFF-TOPIC: That IMDB page is ticking me off a bit...there's a topic in the board titled, "Is Robert Smith GAY?" COME ON, PEOPLE!!!)

LOL...Sorry, I forgot to take my pills today so I'm VERY sensetive... :roll:

AlluivialL

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 23, 2007, 03:33:09
50 First Dates has a song by them...what was it again?

(OFF-TOPIC: That IMDB page is ticking me off a bit...there's a topic in the board titled, "Is Robert Smith GAY?" COME ON, PEOPLE!!!)

Lol, I know!! I read that a long time ago, and was like...k you people are morons.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

lordsquidy13

I dont know what year, but High was in Jersey Girl

ROGUE

lordsquidy13 - for some reason you fascinate me.

I know off topic, but that pic is different and interesting, and your name ~giggles~ Just felt like sharing that.

Nitee Nite everyone :smth039  Iam off to dream travels  :smth051

*~ I love it when i hear The Cure on the news, to the sports opening section- YES !!

lordsquidy13

My, pic's from the music video of High..... My TV's messed up, so it sort of blurred where Smith was. Standing on the left is Porl, in the middle is Simon, next to the right is Boris, and at the far right is perry.

ROGUE

Thanx Lordsquidy- I see it now, yeh love it.  :D

- I had noticed 'Cold Case'  played alot of The Cure's songs -  although i hardly ever watched it.

I like 'The wedding singer' that was cute, but not so memorable,. .for me.

But i was thinking of '50 first dates' Adam Sandler & Drew (Loved that film) and YES it had a reggae music beat to all the music, and '311' doing (not a good cover) of 'Lovesong',

and Dryden Mitchells cover of 'Friday I'm in Love'  Which was great- I think 'Friday i'm in Love' was at the end with reggae, not sure- But it did sound good reggae style :smth023

FarFar

not only in movies it also appear in drama which is one tree hill in season 4 episode 5 and first season episode 19...the song they played prayers for rain and apart.....

and they also discussed about the cure...between the mom and her daughter....in season 3....they discussed the which is the best between disintergration album and wish album....her mom preferred wish album and her daughter preferred disintergartion album....

Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

Meddy

I believe when I was younger "Just Like Heaven" was in the Evening Star with Shirly MacLaine. :smth001  I am not sure of the year that came out though...sorry.
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

Meddy

For what it matters, I am watching TV and there was a preview for the Season Premiere of Without A Trace, and the song for the preview was Pictures of You.  It wasn't the Cure performing, but I have heard some really BAD covers, and this one wasn't too bad...kind of curious to see who did it. :smth023 to the not so bad cover. 
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

ROGUE

Yeh i hear alot of covers too, in commercials, Not many memorable, though, but i did like the reggae covers in '50 first dates' well one of them.    :smth020
Prefer the real thing though., But cant blame The Cure for the inspiration they give  :smth049