The Cure music in movies

Started by dsanchez, September 23, 2007, 03:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: B.DEE on January 22, 2008, 12:27:08
Quote from: tigermilk on January 22, 2008, 09:12:45
Oh and also, 10:15 Saturday Night is in the Australian film Garage Days. And Six Different Ways is in some crappy movie with the guy from Dawson's Creek, but I can't remember it's title.. haha

I mentioned this movie on the first page of this topic.
It's "The Rules of Attraction", based on the Brett Easton Ellis novel.
James Van Der Beek (the guy from Dawson's Creek) plays Sean Bateman. The character Sean Bateman is the little brother :smth095 of Patrick Bateman ... the killer from the movie "American Psycho".

If you took the time to read any contemporary fiction, you might know who Brett Easton Ellis is.
And you might appreciate the movies made from his novels ... ... ...

so,
bateman in the original american psycho - christian bale
his little brother in the "sequel" - some dawson's creek hoser

= dear lord what an "casting inflation"... :smth095
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

tdcrjeff

Quote from: FarFar on September 25, 2007, 10:49:41
not only in movies it also appear in drama which is one tree hill in season 4 episode 5 and first season episode 19...the song they played prayers for rain and apart.....

and they also discussed about the cure...between the mom and her daughter....in season 3....they discussed the which is the best between disintergration album and wish album....her mom preferred wish album and her daughter preferred disintergartion album....
The recent season 5 finale "What Comes After The Blues" prominently featured The Cure, though there was no music and no direct mention of the band or it's songs. Say what?

Peyton (the daughter mentioned above) has been carrying her love for Lucas for a long time, but he's still been hung up on his (ex)fiancee Lindsay. In one of the scenes, Peyton is in her office talking with Haley and she was looking at her LP of Disintegration. So then later Peyton painted the entire Rivercourt (the outdoor basketball court) with the lyrics to "Love Song" and signed her name at the end.

Soxguy

Watching me fall is on the closing credits to American Psycho.  Bateman Rules!!!! :smth045

i apologize if i missed it on the previous pages.
"...Ambition in the back of a black Car"

coxoxi

Quote from: Vamp on October 18, 2007, 23:33:49
The Crow [ 1994 ]
~Burn~

love the song and the movie too!  :smth060

FarFar

Quote from: tdcrjeff on June 10, 2008, 20:53:07
not only in movies it also appear in drama which is one tree hill in season 4 episode 5 and first season episode 19...the song they played prayers for rain and apart.....

and they also discussed about the cure...between the mom and her daughter....in season 3....they discussed the which is the best between disintergration album and wish album....her mom preferred wish album and her daughter preferred disintergartion album....
The recent season 5 finale "What Comes After The Blues" prominently featured The Cure, though there was no music and no direct mention of the band or it's songs. Say what?

Peyton (the daughter mentioned above) has been carrying her love for Lucas for a long time, but he's still been hung up on his (ex)fiancee Lindsay. In one of the scenes, Peyton is in her office talking with Haley and she was looking at her LP of Disintegration. So then later Peyton painted the entire Rivercourt (the outdoor basketball court) with the lyrics to "Love Song" and signed her name at the end.

my dear, i can't wait to watch this episode...love peyton...in malaysia...this season still not showing yet...but i already watch episode 1 until 15...is this finale episode????h
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

tdcrjeff

Quote from: FarFar on June 11, 2008, 08:33:24
Quote from: tdcrjeff on June 10, 2008, 20:53:07

my dear, i can't wait to watch this episode...love peyton...in malaysia...this season still not showing yet...but i already watch episode 1 until 15...is this finale episode????h
Final episode for season 5. There will be a season 6.

Meddy

Quote from: lordsquidy13 on September 30, 2007, 04:01:03
Quote from: Meddy on September 28, 2007, 03:24:37
For what it matters, I am watching TV and there was a preview for the Season Premiere of Without A Trace, and the song for the preview was Pictures of You.  It wasn't the Cure performing, but I have heard some really BAD covers, and this one wasn't too bad...kind of curious to see who did it. :smth023 to the not so bad cover. 

I found out who does it. It's the band Lit, who also sang "My Own Worst Enemy", a famous late 90s song.

Cool!  I don't mind some of their music so at least it isn't a band that I dislike.
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

~*CherryRed*~

I really liked the use of Plainsong in Marie Antoinette, it seemed to fit the scene perfectly. Alhtough they did cut it short somewhat, it does tend to fade rather to soon! I also watched it in-flight on the way to a family funeral, and by the time the end credits came and they used All Cats Are Grey, I was in tears! It suited my mood at the time!

I have often wondered why no-one has made a film using Cure music exclusively. There is more than enough material to use. Well perhaps I need to get writing!!! Hmm, what would it be about then??? LOL!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Tszyu

Mannen som elsket Yngve: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1114723/

- Just Like Heaven
- Lullaby

'Mannen som elsket Yngve' is norwegian for 'The man who loved Yngve'. Yngve is a common name in Norway.  :)
A great movie with lots of great music.
The memories fade
And leave her eyes
Still seeing worlds that never were

tdcrjeff

Cure was on One Tree Hill again last week. Peyton has moved in with Lucas and she was talking about not being able to put her stuff away, including her albums. She pulled out Distintegration and said somehting about maybe they had duplicates, but then Lucas said he didn't like The Cure.  :smth011 Then later they have divided the house in two and she's playing Fascination Street on her turntable until he cuts the power and then she plays it on his phone.

pyota

Quote from: Vamp on October 20, 2007, 16:03:57
Yeap..Career Girls is available on dvd..It's a british film..
Katrin Cartlidge and Lynda Steadman are the lead actresses.
I'm sure u've never heard of them :p
The story is about 2 girls who were roommates back in the 80's and meet again some years later.It's a good film.I enjoyed it.  :smth023

i would really recommend this to any cure fans who haven't seen it. the cure actually are kind of a theme through the film (because one of the 'girls' fave bands is the cure during the 80s portion of the film). there's a great scene at the end where they see a poster advertising 'the 13th' single, and one of them says something like 'hey - i didn't know the cure were still together!'  :D

fiction

Check this site out http://www.tunefind.com/artist/The+Cure

I also think that Fascination Street was in Lost Boys and here in Sweden Mint Car and Friday I´m in Love is in a tv-serie called Andra Avenyn which is Swedish for The Second Avenue

Then there is Dredd Song in Judge Dredd and More than This in The X-Files.
again and again and again and again and again and...

~*CherryRed*~

I just wanted to say quickly I'm 100% sure that Fascination Street ISN'T in Lost Boys!   ;)
"prone to flights of whimsy"

fiction

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on December 23, 2008, 12:03:12
I just wanted to say quickly I'm 100% sure that Fascination Street ISN'T in Lost Boys!   ;)

Yeah, You´re right. It was the Lost Angels I was thinking of. I had to pull out my record and check and I did remember wrong. Sorry! And M X!
again and again and again and again and again and...

DJFreekSh0w

The Underneath The Stars remix on the new Underworld soundtrack is pretty cool. :-)

http://www.myspace.com/underworldrise