Does anyone have Cure albums from the 80's?

Started by scatcat, October 03, 2007, 04:58:28

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

:-D  I have Japanese Whispers, CONCERT The Cure LIVE, The Caterpillar on 45.. :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

LuvURobert

Hmmm.  :smth017 I have Head on the Door, Japanese Whispers, and Staring at the Sea on cassette tape. :rocker  Still need to get HOTD on CD!!  I'm such a slacker!  :D
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

scatcat

Quote from: LuvURobert on October 03, 2007, 05:12:20
Hmmm.  :smth017 I have Head on the Door, Japanese Whispers, and Staring at the Sea on cassette tape. :rocker  Still need to get HOTD on CD!!  I'm such a slacker!  :D

:smth062 jealous I am.. I would love Head on the door album ...My favourite from the Cure Live album ( which wasn't played at the Melbourne concert) is a forest..and of course Charlotte Sometimes..my son's favourite is Killing an Arab, which was their final song in Melboure!! But I love the pretty picture on The Caterpillar!! :smth023

:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

uhhh... come on. really no offense but of course pretty much everyone here has common cure albums. (hey, this is a cure forum! - what did you think it was?)
so what's the question here? i don't see it, sorry.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

scatcat

:( I think there is something special about vinyl.. Lucky they still in top condition after all these years, In this age, many just have cd's.. There are a lot of young new fans without them.
I just wish they were signed! :smth023

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

AlluivialL

: \ what are you talking about? The Cure albums from the 80's?...why wouldn't you have The Cure albums from the 80's?..eh, I don't really get it..you're on the Cure fans forum....

sounds like blasphemy to me.

not literally, and I hope I'm not upsetting you..
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

scatcat

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 03, 2007, 08:25:55
uhhh... come on. really no offense but of course pretty much everyone here has common cure albums. (hey, this is a cure forum! - what did you think it was?)
so what's the question here? i don't see it, sorry.

Quote from: AlluivialL on October 03, 2007, 08:47:27
: \ what are you talking about? The Cure albums from the 80's?...why wouldn't you have The Cure albums from the 80's?..eh, I don't really get it..you're on the Cure fans forum....

sounds like blasphemy to me.

not literally, and I hope I'm not upsetting you..

:cry: I guess the warm feeling left me awhile back... Does anyone have the full collection on vinyl??  I know I am in company with likefans, but japanesebaby it is with regret I opened my mind to it...sorry 
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

mikmcc

I think I understood

"Albums" Aka LP's meaning those big black things people used to treat with respect, unlike CD's that everyone just rips to their pc and converts to mp3.

I have various singles on LP (with the remixes on) ranging from Lovecats to Never Enough, and some live boots, but no albums, backcatalogue was on CD (although not remastered) by the time I became a fan in 1991.

Tof

the albums of the Eighties are still sold in the specialized stores.
Tof

AlluivialL

Oh...I have 8

sorry : \

I feel really bad lol. Please disregard what I said earlier. That was quite rude.

they're not too hard to find though.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

scatcat

Quote from: mikmcc on October 03, 2007, 12:27:55
I think I understood

"Albums" Aka LP's meaning those big black things people used to treat with respect, unlike CD's that everyone just rips to their pc and converts to mp3.

I have various singles on LP (with the remixes on) ranging from Lovecats to Never Enough, and some live boots, but no albums, backcatalogue was on CD (although not remastered) by the time I became a fan in 1991.

:smth023 thanx mikmcc!! I was so deflated but u saved me from drowning.. yes, those big black things we used to put on what was known as a recordplayer( now coming back) ..  all hail mikmcc :smth023

I just got the other posts.. thanx.. I did feel like disappearing forever, cos I felt so welcome here, now a bit better... Remember I love the Cure AS much as everyone here.. I just still on high from concert.. :smth049 :smth049 :smth049
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Cure Freak

If this topic is refering to vinyls, only. I have a couple of vinyls~ Kissi Me Kiss Me Kiss Me and Seventeen Seconds

japanesebaby

ok hey no offense but since this IS a cure forum, it's kind of evident that people do have cure albums right?
and i am well aware that i tend to say things a bit frankly and directly sometimes - because it actually does serve most everyone here to keep the forum organized and rid of self-evident posts/or sometimes re-posts. because if you use the search option, i bet you can find several existing threads started to pretty much all of those 80s albums individually. if some thread might be missing, please be my guest to put it up of course. but please use the search engine or browse through the existing topics and see what you find.
(for instance, i think we did have a series of "best of" threads for each album a while back, and those did generate some interesting conversation there if my memory serves. there are others too i'm sure. anyway, just suggestions.)

we try to keep the forum organized and informative here - that's the main focus. that doesn't mean i'm here telling what people can post or what they can't post or simply making sneering comments for the sake of it. so my comment (or AlluivialL's either, i'd dare to say)  didn't mean it's a stupid subject to discuss cure albums/vinyls -  but to simply ask if anyone does own cure albums just sounded to me like someone asking whether a food store sells any food or whether you can find gas on the gas station. why not make it a bit more detailed so there's actually basis for conversation and not just people listing what cds they have in their shelves. at least i'd personally find a bit more detailed conversation more interesting, for both those who post and those who only pass by and read it.

and let me add that i've nothing against anyone's person/personality here. i'm just trying to look after the conversation here staying informative to read for people passing by, that's all.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

mikmcc

thanx mikmcc!!

no worries, us Aussies have to stick together, although I dont think we are too outnumbered here?

scatcat

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life