The Cure music videos

Started by scatcat, November 02, 2007, 09:31:34

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is a compilation of all of The Cure's music video clips? Starting from 80's till now?  :?

I have live recordings, Trilogy, In Orange, etc.. but would like to see old clips especially Tim Pope's.

any help would be great.. thanks  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

...just check the discographies...:

'greatest hits' dvd:

http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Greatest-Robert-Smith-III/dp/B00005S8L8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_k2a_3_txt/104-6326161-3139946?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-2&pf_rd_r=1RWTX4HQ7BYT74WD9BHR&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=304485601&pf_rd_i=B00005R09Z

http://www.impressionofsounds.com/videogr/vid-greatesthits.html

there's a 1 disc dvd regular version with only promo video clips, and deluxe package that includes both the dvd and also the 2 cd set of 'greatest hits' (including the 'acoustic hits' cd).

for the early 80s videos, we still have to resort to a vhs version:

http://www.impressionofsounds.com/videogr/vid-sats.html

but maybe on dvd too, someday?

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

scatcat

thanks for the response japanesebaby!  :smth001

I did check discographies.. but got a little confused.. the Greatest Hits link was fab! I have the link of impressionofsounds,,

VHS is pretty much a no-go, as they just get chewed up by machines.. damn them..! :smth011 I do hope one day on DVD???!!!

thank you for your help!!  :rocker
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

Quote from: scatcat on November 02, 2007, 09:31:34
I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is a compilation of all of The Cure's music video clips? Starting from 80's till now?  :?

There's "Gallore" and "Greatest hits", both are available in the Curefans.com Store --> http://store.curefans.com
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

lordsquidy13

I have two of the three, Galore and Greatest Hits. Here's the song listings for all of them.

Standing On The Beach
1. Killing an Arab
2. 10:15 Saturday Night
3. Boys Don't Cry
4. Jumping Someone Else's Train
5. A Forest
6. Play For Today
7. Primary
8. Other Voices
9. Charlotte Sometimes
10. The Hanging Garden
11. Let's Go To Bed
12. The Walk
13. The Lovecats
14. The Caterpillar
15. Inbetween Days
16. Close To Me
17. A Night Like This

Galore
1. Why Can't I Be You
2. Catch
3. Just Like Heaven
4. Hot Hot Hot !
5. Lullaby
6. Fascination Street
7. Lovesong
8. Pictures Of You
9. Never Enough
10. Close To Me (Closet Remix)
11. High
12. Friday, I'm In Love
13. A Letter To Elise
14. The 13th
15. Mint Car
16. Gone!
17. Wrong Number

Greatest Hits
1. Boys Don't Cry
2. A Forest
3. Let's Go To Bed
4. The Walk
5. The Lovecats
6. Inbetween Days
7. Close To Me
8. Why Can't I Be You
9. Just Like Heaven
10. Lullaby
11. Lovesong
12. Never Enough
13. High
14. Friday, I'm In Love
15. Mint Car
16. Wrong Number
17. Cut Here
18. Just Say Yes

-Secret Videos of Greatest Hits-

Go to Scene Selection, and do the following to view a secret music video.

Highlight The Walk, and press down right right to get "The Caterpillar"

Highlight Close To Me and press Up Up Up to get "Close To Me Remix)

Highlight Friday I'm In Love and press down down down to get "Pictures Of You"

Here's a list of videos not yet on any collection. You can find them on Youtube however.

The Blood- A video promoting "The Head On The Door" to Spanish Audiences.

Mint Car (Vacation Video)- A Slideshow on the Cure having fun and in a few concerts in Brazil.

End Of The World- Came out after Greatest Hits.

Taking Off- Came out after Greatest Hits.

alt. end- Came out after Greatest Hits.

*The only song on a collection CD that doesn't have a video is Strange Attraction, off of Wild Mood Swings and Galore.

*You can find nearly all of these on Youtube. The only one I had trouble with was Charlotte Sometimes.

scatcat

thanks lordsquidy..

what work you put in here.. yes, I have greatest Hits on the way, but Galore is only available on VHS.. maybe I can get it transferred to DVD so my VHS won't get hungry and eat it up ( i don't feed it enuff, bad vhs!!)

cheers  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: scatcat on November 04, 2007, 14:34:04
so my VHS won't get hungry and eat it up ( i don't feed it enuff, bad vhs!!)

sound to me like the problem is maybe in your vcr and not in the tapes themselves(?).

slightly off-topic:
i think it's pretty much the last moments for everyone to go and buy a REALLY good vcr now, before they become inpossible to find. it's shocking since we like to think that we live in the age of ever developing technology, but what comes to vcrs, everything's actually going backwards. most of the good vcrs models are already discontinued, like most JVC S-VHS vcrs. :!:
and all they offer people these days seem to be these cheapo vcr/dvd combos - which despite their oh all so great "practicality" actually include very very mediocre quality vcrs. :smth011 and this makes NO sense whatsoever for anyone who really thinks of it for a while: because at the same time people are encouraged to transfer their vhs tapes to dvds (not a bad idea today) - but then they are offered only bad equipment for it? i mean, now if ever was the time to start selling really good vcrs - and yet all the good models are already discontinued? that makes no sense at all. :(

i bought a new vcr last year. i wanted one of those a VCR S-VHS models and my god, all the crap that people tried to sell me when i went to the stores and asked for these! it was awful. in the end i had to order my unit from... switzerland! because the only re-seller i could find via internet who a) had some of those left in stock b) agreed to ship outside their own country was there.
and of course i got busted by the customs because switzerland isn't an EU nation... etc etc. it was full of complications. BUT:
now i'm really REALLY happy that i bothered to go through all that, it was pretty much the last minute to do so. because when i looked at the situation some weeks ago, it's becoming practically impossible to get hold of those units anymore!

so our last chances are upon us, folks...  hurry! the end is truly near. :(

scatcat

yes, the trouble is the very hungry VCR!

I am actually due for a new DVD player, and you can at the moment but them together in the same unit.. Hopefully before xmas!!??

I have so many VHS.. videos.. its a great idea,. before it is too late!!  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

yes but if you really want a good unit, i'd saty away from the vcr/dvd combos (which you mentioned, the ones with both players in the same unit).
or well, could be ok for some random home use, for watching some random tapes every now and then. BUT since these units are especially being advertised as some kind of "ideal devices" for transferring your vhs tapes to dvd - wow, they are definitely not that. if we are talking about people making final digital back-ups of their analog tapes, one should have the possibility to get best possible equipment for it. for archiving things 8for life!), one needs to have a really good vcr, nothing less. and like i said, those are becoming more and more hard to come by.
so if you might come across any left-over JVC S-VHS unit... go for it at once! those are gold these days. even used units are selling with pretty high prices on ebay all the time. and used vcrs? i'd never buy a used vcr - but people are hungry for them on auction sites nonetheless which only displays how much demand there would be today - and yet  the manufacturers have decided to discontinue their entire production! sounds really strange business wise...

(ok sorry to veer off a bit...)

scatcat

thanks for the technical advise.. I would have thought combo is way to go .. but you got me thinking now.. I'll keep an eye out for the JVC S-VHS unit!!

cheers :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

jakmp

You can get Staring at the Sea on VCD which is basically the same as DVD but without the capacity.

japanesebaby

Quote from: jakmp on December 04, 2007, 16:04:33
You can get Staring at the Sea on VCD which is basically the same as DVD but without the capacity.

yes this is true, there's a VCD version for 'staring at the sea', and for 'orange' as well.
anyway, the quality for these VCD versions is really pretty disappointing, nowhere near the DVD quality so i wouldn't say it's basically the same as DVD.
imo, these VCDs are just a waste of money (especially since they get regularly sold at pretty high prices!).

ps. most annoying are these crap quality bootleg DVDs which have been made out of these VCDs - what a totally hopeless idea. :roll:

Carnage Visor

I bought "Staring At The Sea" off E-bay for like 9.00 back when my obsession began, and watching the band develope from a poppy post-punk band to a dark new wave/alternative/gothic rock band made me like them even more.

The in between bits are class as well!

I hesitate to buy "Galore" though because I don't like half the songs on it (the last half of 90s music...I dislike the 90s) lol, I dunno. Maybe I will just to see "Why Can't I Be You?", "Friday I'm In Love", and "Pictures Of You".

lordsquidy13

You can just see them on Youtube.