What made you feel sad today?

Started by scatcat, November 16, 2007, 15:08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

melly

Quote from: lacrima mosa on January 04, 2008, 20:28:48
i am  teacher and today one of my kiddies died in a car accident!! i never experienced such a loss and i dont know who to feel right now...  :(

ahhh shite,,,that's really sad... yeah, like scatcat says, reach out to maybe a qualified councillor? A friend of ours is one ( often on suicide call) and it is amazing how a total stranger, versed in how to help people in such a situation, can truly help...please, do it...for yourself and the little kids who will be looking to you, no doubt, in your class...if not a councillor, turn to friends, family, share your grief..  my condolences...  :(

And sues777..sorry to hear about your pal..it INFURIATES me when these things happen, and they happen way too often....usually by someone with a belly full of alcohol, big and brave...yeah well, take the booze away, and they are usually the cowards...pathetic..... :smth076

" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

silversand

i am  teacher and today one of my kiddies died in a car accident!! i never experienced such a loss and i dont know who to feel right now...  :(

I'm sooo sorry to hear that lacrima mosa. My deepest sympathy.
Hope you will feel better soon.
:smth059

melly

One of our Aussie "mates" is going thru a pretty tough time at the moment...losing someone close to her...she's always the first one to offer "angels", advice, words of comfort and love to anyone, just anyone, who is suffering in any way... so, Lara, (scatcat) if kind thoughts and friendship could help ease your pain, going by the friends you have made here sweet one, you would not be feeling quite so sad... melly...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Hero

Quote from: melly on January 08, 2008, 07:52:07
One of our Aussie "mates" is going thru a pretty tough time at the moment...losing someone close to her...she's always the first one to offer "angels", advice, words of comfort and love to anyone, just anyone, who is suffering in any way... so, Lara, (scatcat) if kind thoughts and friendship could help ease your pain, going by the friends you have made here sweet one, you would not be feeling quite so sad... melly...

So sorry Scatcat, thinking of you... :smth051

sues777

Thanks Melly.

Scatcat - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss....Please don't think me "strange", but I so admire the way you support everyone.  Whatever you need, we're here...
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

Steve

@Lara

Sorry to hear your bad news. A lot of folks thinking of you right now.
ps.
Incoming.....
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

LuvURobert

OMG!  That's just aweful news, lacrima mosa!!  I am so sorry to hear that one of your students died so tragically.  May time help heal the pain for you and your students and families.  I agree that counseling or talking to people may help.  There are also several grief forums on the net if it helps to talk to people going thru the same thing or at least reading of their experiences.

Take care!
LuvURobert
xoxoxox
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

silversand

Yes, scatcat has a good heart.

@ scatcat: I'm soo sorry that you are going through a pretty tough time.
My deepest sympathy.
I'm sending you a big :smth056 and many :smth059 to Australia.
We are all here for you.

Take care of yourself dear scatcat
love silversand

Cure Freak

So sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathy to you, the family of the deseased and the children who got to know him or her.
Losing a child is a pain you can't desribe. It takes a lot of healing.  Even though the child is not yours, just someone whom you got to known.

My heart goes out to you.

robiola

@scatat: don't know if it will help, but we're all thinking of you.
And those are not just words, you seem such a lovely person that it's easy to grow fond of you even if we know you only through the forum...
I really hope our good thoughts reach you and make you feel a little better. :smth056

Love, robiola

gioez

A nice person I know (she's special for me, she's more than a friend) is in hospital, 'cos she have leukemia... I hope to hear good news very soon, but there are 3 days of silence. Excuse me for personal reflection, but I'm really sad and very worried about her.
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

billee

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) scatcat
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

robiola

Quote from: gioez on January 09, 2008, 10:18:24
A nice person I know (she's special for me, she's more than a friend) is in hospital, 'cos she have leukemia... I hope to hear good news very soon, but there are 3 days of silence. Excuse me for personal reflection, but I'm really sad and very worried about her.
I'm very sorry you and your loved one are going through this... I can relate a little because I have known two people who have had this disease, but after much worry and heartache they both got better and have now gone back happily to their lives... So try to think positive, it will help her too!
Spero che tu abbia buone notizie presto.

boneheadhaggar

my heart goes out to anyone who has lost someone dear to them,especially when it is a child, this is so sad. Gioez, I really hope your special friend has some good news soon, I shall say a prayer for her
its nice to be nice

scatcat

oh it is so hard to find words..I feel so unworthy of such kindness.. it just makes me cry more...
I thank everyone from my heart for the love and caring messages.
It means so much.
Thankyou for the angels. They do really help!
Wonderful, wonderful people.. hugs and kisses to you all  :smth049
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life