2008.03.05 Valencia 'MTV Open-Air Concert' (Spain)

Started by dsanchez, December 20, 2007, 22:01:06

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

from thecure.com

THE CURE TO HEADLINE MTV WINTER IN VALENCIA, SPAIN

12/20/2007 9:14:55 AM - by geffen

5th March 2008 the Spanish 'City of the Arts and Sciences’ will welcome musical icons The Cure as the headline act of a unique free MTV open-air concert.
This event will be genuinely global, with a potential audience of 207 million people around the world.
The complete bill is to be announced by MTV in the next couple of weeks.

[olivier reported live for Curefans.com]

Plainsong, Prayers For Rain, alt.end, The Blood, The Walk, The End of the World, Lovesong, Pictures of You, Lullaby, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Please Project, Push, Friday I'm In Love, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, A Boy I Never Knew, Never Enough, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration

Encore: Freak Show, Close to Me, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry, A Forest

(2 hours and 13 minutes)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

smitha

DJFreekSh0w

http://www.valencia-cityguide.com/

http://www.valencia-cityguide.com/tourist-attractions/the-city-of-arts-and-sciences.html

In case anyone is interested in visiting.

I sure hope this shows on regular old MTV here in the USA! I guess even if it don't, it'll end up on YouTube at least. :P

scatcat

i look forward to this... hope it gets broadcast here in OZ  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

i hope someone can capture the direct digital DVB stream on his/her computer, please ?  :smth100

(i very likely won't have TV at all after february, so even if they chose to broadcast this on MTV finland/MTV nordic i wouldn't get to see it... :()
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Tof

Do you think it's a good idea to rent a car from Madrid to go here ???

Do you think THE CURE will play a real show ???
Tof

crowbi_wan

http://www.last.fm/event/450533

Coming soon will announce the complete poster for an event that will have a global impact, reaching a potential audience of 207 million people in the territories of Europe, the United States and Latin America. The concert will be an unprecedented event, where everyone will have access, free of charge, a unique musical experience with the seal MTV.

On March 5 the City of Arts and Sciences will host the unsurpassed performance of the group The Cure, one of the musical icons of the past decades that have managed to agree with his music several generations. Supported by the British band in the MTV Winter, the city becomes a more prominent on the agenda of events and projects across MTV Europe.

The veteranía and charisma of The Cure will fill the stage of the City of Arts and Sciences in an unmissable event of the group in Spain. After more than three decades on the stage, the band Robert Smith once again demonstrate the soundness and strength of their direct. Before describing the new double album in which currently working, The Cure offer at its stop in Valencia their successes ever.

The MTV Live The Cure (versions 30 and 60 minutes) will be issued in the international network of channels MTV coinciding with the launch of the new album by The Cure.

In the coming weeks, MTV will announce the rest of the poster artists who completed a unique event, which makes the modern city of Valencia a point high on the agenda of events and projects across MTV Europe. The production of the MTV Winter will be carried out by a technical team that specializes in conducting large international events. A complete device in the service of creativity and originality that make each appointment with MTV a single event.

MTV Winter counted in each new edition with a global impact insurmountable, reaching a potential audience of 207 million people in the territories of Europe, USA And Latin America. Thanks to the communicative power of its network of canals and Valencia will see platforms benefit its international reputation, showing regards as a city of culture latest.

MTV is the world's largest network television, a global multimedia brand leader among the young. A multiplatform who speaks 27 languages, with 55 channels and a potential audience of 506 million homes spread over 160 territories. MTV brand trends in the marketplace and musical entertainment content offenders who are always one step ahead.

If I'm reading this correctly, they'll get 30-60 minutes.  Or will 30-60 minutes be aired ???

Also, notice it says the concert will coincide with the launch of the new album  :shock:

melly

We miss out seeing this in Australia!!   :smth091 :smth076 :smth022 :smth089

and yes...the new album!!!  :smth023 :smth035 :smth040
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

billee

If it's mtv melly it may be on foxtel or optus here at some stage. Hmmmmmmm maybe I need to think about getting it put on,  :smth020
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

scatcat

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

does this mean the new album out in March??   :smth037 :smth041 :smth007

Quote from: billee on January 16, 2008, 10:07:50
If it's mtv melly it may be on foxtel or optus here at some stage. Hmmmmmmm maybe I need to think about getting it put on,  :smth020

blast IT!!! I have to go and get foxtel now, or Optus better for MTV?? it's gonna cost a small fortune!
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

melly

Quote from: billee on January 16, 2008, 10:07:50

:smth089 :smth012  That would be right... no Austar ( Austar in regional areas) in this house... won't be either, kind of an extravegance which cannot be afforded at the moment!.. poop...... :?
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

closedown

any news on coverage on tv??? as it is an MTV festival, pretty strange they don't broadcast a thing live from it (at least I haven't found out so far...) - for example MTV Germny always has live coverage of their MTV Campus Invasion Festivals in summer. so, hopefully that doesn't mean it will be just recorded for those goddamn-awful 30min MTV live slots... (take 6 hits and include an awful lot of advertising clips inbetween + make sure the camera won't rest for 1sec on the same person). wouldn't surprise me though, as it is NMTV anyway for years now (that is No Music TeleVision )... where are the days of MTV Europe and Paul King, Steve Blame and Ray Cokes when you need them...

japanesebaby

Quote from: closedown on March 05, 2008, 12:18:31
so, hopefully that doesn't mean it will be just recorded for those goddamn-awful 30min MTV live slots... (take 6 hits and include an awful lot of advertising clips inbetween + make sure the camera won't rest for 1sec on the same person). wouldn't surprise me though, as it is NMTV anyway for years now (that is No Music TeleVision )... where are the days of MTV Europe and Paul King, Steve Blame and Ray Cokes when you need them...

say no more! i miss ray... :?

by the way, i don't even have tv anymore because i'm so damn bored with what's on it...! :evil:

*edit. ok this is not MTV but VH1, but i miss this sometimes:

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,2004.msg43834.html#msg43834
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

exploding boy

from http://www.hispacure.com/foro/

the soundcheck is :

In between days
A boy never knew
the Holy hour
Hot Hot Hot