2008.03.05 Valencia 'MTV Open-Air Concert' (Spain)

Started by dsanchez, December 20, 2007, 22:01:06

Previous topic - Next topic

CureCrusader

Is it a full concert or just a handfull of songs?
Obviously it is not on the tour 2008 list, but do we really know what to expect as far as length of performance ?

:!:

~edit~  if the soundchecks include :
A Boy I Never Knew
The Holy Hour

sounds pretty good!  8)
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

rodney

Cure have two and a half hours to play.  I would consider this a tour date based on the set length.

CureCrusader

Quote from: rodney on March 05, 2008, 19:26:01
Cure have two and a half hours to play.  I would consider this a tour date based on the set length.

two and a half hours sounds pretty good. If you consider the longer they tour, the shorter the setlists and number of encores. At the present time.

It would just be magic if it was broadcast here in OZ.   :rocker
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

CureCrusader

:-D  sorry do double post- but  'valencia' reminds me of a variety of oranges.. :roll:

let's hope they are in season, nice and sweet, no bitter after-taste.  :shock:

jrcure

It seems that they soundchecked "The holy hour"...

Pita

No one ever knows or loves another...

japanesebaby

HIM... :smth011
coming form finland i just find it really enbarrassing that HIM is considered a bigger name than the cure (as they actually get their name listed before bob & co....). :oops:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

u-a-b-f

anyone betting against ...

2nd (and last) encore: Boys Don't Cry, 10.15, Killing Another

:smth011

[labyrinth]

:-D

sorry for you!
even though it's pretty strange.
they were supposed to be playing 2h30m and actually they played 2h10m...
so the second encore could've been possible.

u-a-b-f

Quote from: [labyrinth] on March 06, 2008, 01:15:54
:-D

sorry for you!
even though it's pretty strange.
they were supposed to be playing 2h30m and actually they played 2h10m...
so the second encore could've been possible.

i assume they've had an 0.30 curfew and as they started late they had to play less than 2h30m

japanesebaby

Quote from: u-a-b-f on March 06, 2008, 07:15:04
and as they started late they had to play less than 2h30m

let's blame that on HIM (not sure if it's really their fault - but hey let's do it anyway).  :twisted:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

closedown

just good to read that they didn't actually do Holy Hour in the actual show there, throw such a gem away to a crappy MTV Event would be a kick in the a*s for every paying fan of the shows before... maybe even Robert didn't like it - couldn't blame the band, to play at the same event as Him would definetely attack my stomach...

dsanchez

Some spanish newspappers reports

The Cure caldea Valencia en el MTV Winter (includes Plainsong video in nice quality)
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2008/03/06/valencia/1204787978.html

The Cure calientan a 25.000 almas (*)
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/Comunidad/Valenciana/The/Cure/calientan/25000/almas/elpepucul/20080306elpval_17/Tes

(*) the article says that the british band couldnt full the venue, and that people went mad with the first song of the night, "Blame song" :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

CureCrusader

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 06, 2008, 08:11:48
Quote from: u-a-b-f on March 06, 2008, 07:15:04
and as they started late they had to play less than 2h30m

let's blame that on HIM (not sure if it's really their fault - but hey let's do it anyway).  :twisted:

evil incarnate..  :-D