My Cure fan art

Started by ghanisbuli, June 28, 2008, 22:35:23

Previous topic - Next topic

ghanisbuli

Great stuff, and great thread!  I'll share my pictures as well.  I think it might take a bit to find my links, and perhaps I'll break up the posts a bit, because I have quite a few...

This was the first drawing I ever did of Robert, and we only had a crappy scanner back then.

First Robert painting.  We didn't have a digital camera yet, so my Grandpa did the camera work.

Painting in the works... I dunno why, but I like this picture.

Second Robert painting.  Again, Grandpa with the camera.  His pictures look better than the ones I took when I got a camera, haha.

MORE TO COME SOON.
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

ghanisbuli

Simon.

That eye... it sounds ridiculous, but I found myself starring into it, almost like it was real.
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

soulmate

Well done ghanisbuli!!! These are really amazing!!!
Wish I'd know how to do this kind of things!  :?

ghanisbuli

Thanks, soulmate!

I didn't know what I was doing when I started--I just did.  So, you can always give it a try and see what happens.

More pictures to be posted soon...

mint car

very nice ghanisbuli  :smth045

great work...  :smth023
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

silversand

Wow, great artwork ghanisbuli !!!!  :smth023
You're drawings are wonderful :)

sues777

They're truly amazing ghanisbuli!!  Absolutely great!  Thankyou for sharing.
And Cure Freak - I LOVE your art!!
You're both so talented!
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

wish-man

Perfect artworks! I like it very much!!!  :smth023
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

japanesebaby

:D ghanisbuli, i like the surfaces/textures especially in the second robert painting.
(what colors are you using btw? oil-based, guass...etc.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

soulmate

Quote from: ghanisbuli on June 28, 2008, 23:11:04
I didn't know what I was doing when I started--I just did.  So, you can always give it a try and see what happens.

I've tried to make some really simple things already and it was a disaster!
Let's face it, I have no artistic skills!!!  :-D

ghanisbuli

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 29, 2008, 10:10:24
:D ghanisbuli, i like the surfaces/textures especially in the second robert painting.
(what colors are you using btw? oil-based, guass...etc.)

I used acrylics.  But now, I generally use oils because acrylics just dry way too fast for me.  I've yet to due a Cure painting in oils, but I think I'm going to start one very soon...

ghanisbuli

Some more pictures:

Talk about bad lighting, and I actually wrote "Kiss Me" down the side after this.  But I can't for the life of me find a picture of it!

Roger.  This would've been MUCH better in oils, because the acrylics just dried too fast for me to do the blending I wanted.  Which led to tons of repainting to try to get it right, and, ultimately, a painting that wasn't blended quite right.

So, I think that's it for now.  Thank you everyone for your nice comments!

ghanisbuli

I'm working on another Robert painting.  It's coming along kind of slowly because I've been working so much lately!

I hope to be finished at least within a month, though.  I'm leaving this weekend, but next weekend I'll hopefully have a bunch of time to devote to it.

wish-man

Quote from: ghanisbuli on July 03, 2008, 06:25:07
I'm working on another Robert painting.  It's coming along kind of slowly because I've been working so much lately!

I hope to be finished at least within a month, though.  I'm leaving this weekend, but next weekend I'll hopefully have a bunch of time to devote to it.

Nice beginning!
I wish you good luck in this toil!  :smth023
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

disintegration

It's fantastic ghanisbuli!!!  :smth023  :rocker
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!