Currently drinking

Started by Steve, October 02, 2007, 13:05:52

Previous topic - Next topic

jbud1980

coffee...

it's 6am and i'm heading out the door for another twelve-hour work day.  :x

shel1971

It's my birthday today, so after work, my boyfriend took me to a mexican restaurant (Enchilada's in Dallas) we have been going to for the last 11 years for some appetizers and margaritas (YUMMMM), had 2 frozen with noi salt, now we are settling in for the night and I have a scotch and soda next to the netbook while posting...:)

dsanchez

Quote from: scatcat on June 20, 2010, 19:42:55
hey david.. what kind of drink is this... ? Sour sounds nice..  ;)
Pisco is made from grapes, specially from a city called Pisco, in the south of Lima. Check this video for an english explanation of the drink :smth023

How to Make a Pisco Sour (from the new film, OBLIVION)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

Quote from: Hero on November 27, 2007, 18:25:08
"The word drink is primarily a verb, meaning to ingest liquids. In the United Kingdom, drink is used as a general term for an alcoholic beverage; "Are you going for a drink?" A beverage is a drink specifically prepared for human consumption, except water. Beverages almost always largely consist of water. Water is essential for living." ~ haha, i love wikipedia! :D
Me too. I'm drinking a so-called '75'(one part brandy, three parts Champagne).
One glass and the kick is awesome!
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

MeltingMan

Green Tea with Jasmine

Hmm...not bad.

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

MeltingMan

Two large cups of Earl Grey (for my potassium level; boiled with mineral water) and a beer in the evening. 😰

SueC

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 18, 2019, 15:47:46Green Tea with Jasmine

Hmm...not bad.

Yeah... I have it with milk and honey (we keep bees and the honey is so nice).  At least 1/3 milk, full cream, off the top of the bottle...we have unhomogenised milk, indeed it's civil disobedience milk - in Australia it's illegal to buy milk direct from a cow owner (unless you claim you have an orphaned animal) - Australia is all about protecting the monopolies, and I say the bureaucrats can go boil their heads...

I realise that the tea police will probably be after me because I don't drink green tea plain, but I drink what I like...

Also nice iced in summer with a bit of citrus juice and mint leaves (no milk this time ;) )...
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

Chateau Bois Pertuis 2017 🍷 The bottle has the number 157771.

MeltingMan

Château Lamarzelle Cormey 2013 (with Saint Agur cheese) 🍷😋

SueC

I'm just drinking green tea, this time with lemon - and having crispy potato wedges to go with it before rounding up our new livestock again (four poddy calves just off milk) - there is severe weather coming and I'd prefer it if they stayed in the shelter shed with the two types of hay when the weather gets in, instead of going sight-seeing all over the paddocks.  And, they're jumping over the temporary enclosure lines around the shed and its little sheltered paddock (which the horses and the donkeys don't cross) like grasshoppers in their bid to go merrily exploring.  :1f62e:

I'm sure your fine beverage would be wasted on me, @MeltingMan, though a succession of guests has tried to educate me, and the last few educational glasses of red weren't too bad (even if I can never walk in a straight line afterwards and get an irreversible attraction to my bed within half an hour).  Those last few actually had a nice taste, sort of berries and cinnamon, without the leather-tanning solution type qualities of what was drunk in my parental home.  :1f632:

However - cheese is never wasted on me, and actually I think both cheese and wine often improve further upon marriage...like fondue, or Rarebit (which the Welsh usually make with beer but we usually make with wine, a bit of mustard and sliced onions - if you use red wine if gives you purple melted cheese bwahahahaha!  :yum:).

I hope everyone is enjoying their diverse hot, cold and anything in-between weekend beverages and accompaniments!  :cool
SueC is time travelling