2011.05.31 Sydney - Sydney Opera House (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, May 03, 2011, 21:11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

DeanLovesTheCure

Hey everybody,

So in the end, I DID NOT get a ticket :(((((

The Opera House later told me that they were sold out within 10mins, another girl who used to work there (unfortunately a few yrs ago so no help there lol) said they were gone in 2mins.

I realised after over an hour of redialing to get an engaged tone and refreshing my browser that it was all over....for now! I still have hope! :

*** IF ANYONE HERE hears of any ticket/s available please PM me, or e-mail me to getagrippt@gmail.com, or frickin call/sms me at 0438 013 484.***

To all those who were lucky enough to get tickets already: Well done! I hope you enjoy and have the best night/s *ever*! (it's gonna be amazing :)

Dean

scatcat

:cry: so sorry to hear DeanLovesTheCure .. I'm sure some extra tickets will surface somewhere, with the concert less than 3 weeks away, there may be fans who at the last minute, cannot go, and/or have a spare ticket.

always last resort ebay.. but I wouldn't trust that personally.

all the best luck!
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Trust...

From twitter: Sydney Opera House  :smth023

SOHnews Sydney Opera House
#TheCure all of us here were blown away by your passionate support for this unique event. Concerts will be released on DVD later this year.

SOHnews Sydney Opera House
@antzona couldn't fit that in 140 characters! Yes, blu-ray as well.

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

Quote from: DeanLovesTheCure on May 12, 2011, 10:01:28
So in the end, I DID NOT get a ticket :(((((

hope you will get the tickets in the end! fingers crossed!

last month I went to see Roger Waters in Prague, both nights were sold out but I managed to get a ticket. Hopefully I didn't pay much over the original price. Good luck!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

~*CherryRed*~

:smth011
Sorry you didn't get tickets Dean... Damn.  i knew they'd go quick but jeezzzzzz
Fingers crossed you can find some spare somewhere - mine unfortunately are not for sale ;p
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Lady

OMG read this comment posted by Robert on thecure.com!!! :smth049 :smth049 :smth049 :smth050 :smth048 :roll:

AS OF NOW...
'REFLECTIONS' IS A SPECIAL - A ONE TIME ONLY (TWO TIMES ONLY?!!) EVENT - FILMED BOTH NIGHTS WITH A VIEW TO CREATING A DVD...

AS THINGS STAND WE HAVE NO PLANS TO PLAY THIS SHOW ANYWHERE ELSE...

BUT THEN LAST MONTH I THOUGHT BESTIVAL WAS GOING TO BE THE FIRST CURE SHOW OF THE YEAR!!!

WE WILL SEE WHAT THIS 'REFLECTIONS' EXPERIENCE IS LIKE BEFORE MAKING ANY DECISIONS AS TO WHOWHENWHEREWHAT OR HOW...

FEEL THE FLUX YOUNG JEDI!
RSX

(FINALLY REMEMBERED MY LOGIN PASSWORD? HA!!!)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Quote from: Lady on May 15, 2011, 11:05:54
AS THINGS STAND WE HAVE NO PLANS TO PLAY THIS SHOW ANYWHERE ELSE...

BUT THEN LAST MONTH I THOUGHT BESTIVAL WAS GOING TO BE THE FIRST CURE SHOW OF THE YEAR!!!

WE WILL SEE WHAT THIS 'REFLECTIONS' EXPERIENCE IS LIKE BEFORE MAKING ANY DECISIONS AS TO WHOWHENWHEREWHAT OR HOW...

There's in hope in his words! Fingers crossed...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Yeaaaah,  let's hope ... Fingers crosssssed ;)
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

scatcat

I think this is the start of something much more.. This line-up, the original line-up.. for the first 3 albums.. smell a 'further' trilogy somewhere.. what about the others??

Can anyone imagine how long Robert may have been thinking of this prior to announcement?   :shock:

This has been awhile in the planning.. reunion .. history.. New release DVD.. Testing the waters.. reaction..  ;)

I'm feeting pretty excited ( quietly)

:smth026 

scatcat
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Secrets

Well, with QPR winning the Championship and being promoted to the EPL for the first time in over a decade, Robert has a lot to celebrate  ;)

dsanchez

Quote from: scatcat on May 16, 2011, 17:04:46
I think this is the start of something much more. This line-up, the original line-up.. for the first 3 albums.. smell a 'further' trilogy somewhere.. what about the others??
Can anyone imagine how long Robert may have been thinking of this prior to announcement?

Tolhurst suggested Robert some months ago to do a reunion for the Faith Anniversary this year. This is now happening with the Sydney shows but I don't see it happening again somewhere else (I really hope to be wrong!). However, maybe Robert likes the shows so much that in the end he might want to repeat them? The fact to sell out both concerts in 5 minutes is already a big motivation for the band. When was the last time they sell out a gig in such a short period of time?

I don't know if "Reflections Part 2" would run in Europe, but maybe in South America? If this happen, however, I don't know if such shows are convenient for the South American audience (I don't include here the hard-die fans like us), because we saw The Cure only twice (1987 and 1996) and for this reason, I suposse many people is expecting the band to play hits as "Just Like Heaven", "Why Can't I Be You", "Friday I'm In Love", In Between Days" instead "Subway Song", "A Reflection" or "Doubt". Of course the story would be different in Europe, they have played here more than a thousand times :P
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

nausearockpig

So I wonder if the encore(s) will be period ones or unrelated ones like the Trilogy ones?

I'm hoping the encore will be non album singles and their b-sides or just the b-sides for album singles like Primary...

Killing An Arab
10:15 Saturday Night

Boys Don't Cry
Plastic Passion
Pillbox Tales
Do The Hansa

Jumping Someone Else's Train
I'm Cold

Another Journey By Train
Descent

Charlotte Sometimes
Splintered In Her Head