Curefans Under 16?

Started by mothtoaflame, September 06, 2009, 18:20:11

Previous topic - Next topic

the.cure.girl

im 14, and ive loved the cure since i was a kid, the very first song i knew all the words for was A Letter To Elise, since thats my middle name, and i got to go to their concert 2 years ago, it was AMAZING!! :smth020
This is a lie...

curedtc

Tis great to hear that!

I am still yet to see them :/
Im always wanting more...

the.cure.girl

Quote from: curedtc on September 29, 2010, 23:47:01
Tis great to hear that!

I am still yet to see them :/
i hope you get to, it was the best concert ive ever been too, they played for like 5 hours straight, they never gave up even when robert had a cold, unfortunatly he didnt sing I'm Cold
This is a lie...

Dillinger

I really  started enjoying the band a lot when I was 14, and joined here not long after, so there's definitely other fans out there. I'm 18 now, and don't really put The Cure on much any more, but I still consider myself a big fan of them. I've noticed that I've grown to appreciate 17 Seconds more, in particular.

I think this is the first time I've posted here in literally years too, very odd. Hopefully they tour again soon to enthuse bored fans.

danny999911

Wow I didn't realise there were so many young people on here! I'm 16, got into them when i was 14. Obviously it's hard to find somebody my age that even knows a couple of songs, at least there seem to be plenty online :)

the.cure.girl

your right, anybody i talk to i ask them if the know a cure song and they think im weird, they dont know who they are or what they sing. but they also think its weird that i dont listen to rap! why would i waste my time listening to some guy sing about getting on with a chik? when i can listen to the most amazing band in the world??!
This is a lie...

danny999911

Yep exactly. But I find if I force them to listen to something famous they do know it. This is the UK though, where you from?

the.cure.girl

This is a lie...

dsanchez

I have been a fan since 1992. I'm in my early 30's and have stayed loyal to this band and I always will. When I was 16 people used to listen salsa or merengue (which is very popular in Peru, my country), but I was into The Cure and Depeche Mode. I think my interest for the band decreased between 1995-1997 (the time of Wild Mood Swings), but that was just a short moment. My first concert was in 2002 (I was 25!) and it was an incredible experience. I have a younger brother, he's just 14 (soon 15) and is listening Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd and The Cure, that's maybe because I was playing this music all the time, since he was 1 day old lol :P

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

the.cure.girl

This is a lie...

Trust...

I'm so happy to see there are still a lot off young fans over the world  :smth023

For me, almost the same story as dsanchez ...
I'm listening to The Cure also since 1992, because off some circumstances was my first concert in 2004 @ Werchter
and I never had a more satisfaction feeling after any other bands gigs, in total I saw them only 4 times and wish so much that they shall tour again in future.

Hello to all off you  :smth006
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Underneath the Stars

Its okay. I'm only fifteen and i am so in love with Robert Smith. Sometimes I forget he's fifty one... :smth008
:rocker

Jencantgetthathigh

I'm 14 and I love them too, I got into them because my mam said that she used to love them. Then they came to the Elecric Picnic Festival in Ireland and I listened to them on tv and my obsession started from then :) not long but I still won't stop loving them :D

Limetime

I'm 15 soon 16, I love Cure but I can't say that it's many Curefans where I live and yeah it sucks! I went to my first Cure concert this summer and..well I can't even describe how freaking amazing it was :') haha and actually it's a bit hard being a young cure fan some weeks ago I dated a guy and it didn't last...his reason that he couldn't be with me "you only talk about Cure" omg... and I just talked about Cure half an hour...that not much right Cureheads? haha well much been more easier to find Curefans in your age on the 80's I guess
Remembering
you falling into my arms
crying for the death of your heart
you were stone white so delicate
lost in the cold
you were always so lost in the dark

dsanchez

Welcome to curefans.com, Limetime!

don't feel alone! I was about your age when I first heard The Cure. It was beginning of the 90's! I am an old man of 35 years now. I think I went through the same problems as you because not many people knew The Cure. I think this kind of music have been been for the "masses" despite some popular pop songs. Anyway, I hope you like being here!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo