what brand of skirt thing was/is Robert wearing?

Started by imaginarynancyboy, September 23, 2007, 05:50:47

Previous topic - Next topic

imaginarynancyboy

does anyone know the brand of skirt/wrap around thing Robert was wearing throughout the Australian tour? He wore it over his pants, and it is black and has some clips hanging from it. i dont know if he's still wearing it now. i really  like it, but
i couldnt catch sight of the label properly, although i thought it looked something like 'Beta' something... not sure... any info?
:D :-D

heres a pic
I think I should finish soon, I think I should end. Magic and dreams and the end of the world. In the Hanging Garden...

iwannashagsimon

Dunno if these are the exact same ones, but someone at another forum found this link.

http://www.metmuseum.org/TOAH/HD/vivw/ho_2004.15a,b.htm

imaginarynancyboy

hmm... it does look simular  :D what a weird website to find it! odd! :shock:
I think I should finish soon, I think I should end. Magic and dreams and the end of the world. In the Hanging Garden...

ROGUE

Very similar that site,~

but not so many folds on the front, And on the left (if you are wearing it) side it had 3 silver circles- down horizontal to the seam, also it was deffinately split up the left, a bit.

Iam sure it only had one fold (on the right side)-and the right split had a large safety pin keeping it closed, ~ and moreso fold's on the back. 

( It actually reminded me) of the bottom half~ of those long tops indian people wear(with slits up sides) - crossed with a scottish kilt.

Anyhow looked awsum, my eyes hurt staring too much.  :shock:

Siouxsie_

ROGUE

Yes~ the pants look like the bondage pants underneath the kilt/skirt thing - look like the ones on the above site too  :) dam that man's hot.~Robert, naturally :smth054

And i just realised in the 'what shoes are you wearing' thred, the most posted pair (tof posted) are the ones Robert wore. -everyone probably knows that, but thought i'd share anyways

imaginarynancyboy

Quote from: ROGUE on September 23, 2007, 13:47:25

but not so many folds on the front, And on the left (if you are wearing it) side it had 3 silver circles- down horizontal to the seam, also it was deffinately split up the left, a bit.

Iam sure it only had one fold (on the right side)-and the right split had a large safety pin keeping it closed, ~ and moreso fold's on the back. 

( It actually reminded me) of the bottom half~ of those long tops indian people wear(with slits up sides) - crossed with a scottish kilt.

yes ROGUE youre right i think i actually thought his might have been made out of heavy cotton... it seemed alot longer than the one in the pic... *sigh* if i do find out what brand it is ill probably never be able to afford it  :roll:

ROGUE

I'll have to check out what he was wearing in Japan, Or maybe he bought that skirt/thing in Japan ? they've got lots of those awsum different goth and dark metal, and just undescriptive new designers, Yes too expensive for me too,
but awsum to look at.

(about a very cool and expensive shop)---

UNDERCOVER                 

"EMOTION !
It was hard to breathe, The shock !
The more exciting it got, the further down I went.
It was like watching myself sinking,
Not just watchin, but drinking it in with the whole of my body -
Drowning myself in drowning myself.
So immersed in the black magic as to cease existing outside it
Exactly the brainlash of a bizarre Klaus Nomi countertenor
Lapping across the inside of my skull.
It had been too long since I had encountered  Undercover
My mind was blown
Like a retread tyre.
Afterwards, just let me rest my eyes
If it is still possible
Jonio,                 --- (Jun Takahashi)
Please! "

written by Take' Hirakawa
------ He wrote this after seeing Autumn/Winter 06/07 collection.  And me and friend felt the same after being in the shop  "Undercover"- Tokyo,
had to sit, and just take it all inn. Love the masks the best, wish i could take a pic of mag i got, but too dark...... I havent had time to look on the web,
just stepping out, and wanted to share that first....  -and they wont let you take pic's of the inside of shops, buga, Got many from outside though- but
not that shop   :(
:smth006

(hope got all spelling correct, just in a rush)

*Imaginarynancyboy - yeh i agree,    and the one in site pic - looks like linen ? and Roberts cotton.   :shock:  *see ya soon :smth020