'Pictures of You' TAC advertising campaign Australia

Started by kissingcrimson, February 20, 2008, 20:51:15

Previous topic - Next topic

kissingcrimson

'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

scatcat

hey, kissing, I saw it on the TV last night. It was a long commercial, but it was 'covered' beautifully!! Very , very sad.
does anyone know who sang it?
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

angel

...nothing would ever be the same again...

scatcat

Quote from: angel on February 24, 2008, 21:22:00
i think she is angie hart...

it sounded like missy higgins.. but what do i know?  :smth020

thanx angel  :smth059

very beautiful. and sad.
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

~*CherryRed*~

Just came along this... I couldn't watch it, too sad for me at present. But I recall P.O.You being used by Hewlett-Packard also. Found the ad on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OfNmSVI2Izo

Seems strange how all of a sudden ad. people are using Cure material!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

crowbi_wan

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on March 19, 2008, 01:59:09
Just came along this... I couldn't watch it, too sad for me at present. But I recall P.O.You being used by Hewlett-Packard also. Found the ad on youtube.

I believe this ad is what financed Join The Dots. 

scatcat

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qsRDM775xr4&feature=related

it is a beautiful song. it reaches into your heart. here is a slightly shorter version of the TAC ad.

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 19, 2008, 03:06:21
Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on March 19, 2008, 01:59:09

that there is a touching one too... I'd definately believe it was quite a sum paid in royalties for that!  The song just makes you stop in your tracks... and think of loved ones...  :(   .. or buy a HP!!  :-D
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

~*CherryRed*~

Hmm that is interesting!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

soda

I posted this in the 'saddest' post, but may go unnoticed.

There is a beautiful cover version of Pictures of You being used in a very sad commercial on Aussie TV about traffic accidents. Yes the stories are all actual cases.

www.picturesofyou.com.au click watch commercial after selecting band width

still ill life

Sorry, but I couldn't really find so much beauty in that version of the song? Or...I really love the piano as an instrument, and the chords sound nice, but well...It would be a whole lot better if there were some vocals, or at least a melody to those chords played on some instrument...now there are just chords in there, and well...it fits in good with the subject matter and the mood of the clips, but as a song in itself, this cover didn't do that much at all for me...it was almost like elevator music, but with nice chords changes in a simplistic way instead...but that's not enough.

soda

I kinda knew i't would get a whack as its a cover on a fan forum.

Did you hang around for the lyrics? going by your post it would seem you bailed after a few seconds.

I admit the piano adds nothing, its the beauty of the words highlighted. And her voice ain't half bad either.

still ill life

Quote from: soda on June 27, 2008, 00:35:18
I kinda knew i't would get a whack as its a cover on a fan forum.

Did you hang around for the lyrics? going by your post it would seem you bailed after a few seconds.

I admit the piano adds nothing, its the beauty of the words highlighted. And her voice ain't half bad either.

No, really, I often enjoy listening to covers, as long as they're...good. =P

Haha, oh, there were lyrics as well...that makes it worth another try. =P I was kinda thinking that I might have missed something, 'cause I checked one of the clips out (start to finish), and there was no singing in that clip. I'll check it out again! :)

scatcat

hey guys, there is a discussion here at :

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4564.0.html

regarding the campaign and other opinions.

:smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

thanks scatcat for pointing this out. :smth023
topics merged in order to keep discussion/opinions from being scattered. 
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

revolt

Quote from: soda on June 26, 2008, 05:12:59
I posted this in the 'saddest' post, but may go unnoticed.

There is a beautiful cover version of Pictures of You being used in a very sad commercial on Aussie TV about traffic accidents. Yes the stories are all actual cases.

www.picturesofyou.com.au click watch commercial after selecting band width

Agreed, it´s a beautiful cover indeed. It's minimal in a very effective way, the simple piano chords and the soft girl voice...