Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

robiola

Quote from: Hero on November 28, 2007, 17:05:14
happy because i made Rice Krispie cakes yummmmm!
Yum indeed! I too am feeling rather satisfied for culinary reasons -- I made cornbread today for the first time in my life and it actually... tastes like cornbread!("I like that in a cornbread" said my sister when I told her. She makes me laugh.) It tastes the way I remember it from 20 years ago when I lived in the States.
And my husband even ate it (he's usually not big on American cooking).
I feel disproportionally proud of myself.

Hero

Quote from: robiola on November 28, 2007, 20:42:09
Quote from: Hero on November 28, 2007, 17:05:14
happy because i made Rice Krispie cakes yummmmm!
Yum indeed! I too am feeling rather satisfied for culinary reasons -- I made cornbread today for the first time in my life and it actually... tastes like cornbread!("I like that in a cornbread" said my sister when I told her. She makes me laugh.) It tastes the way I remember it from 20 years ago when I lived in the States.
And my husband even ate it (he's usually not big on American cooking).
I feel disproportionally proud of myself.

Wow! GO YOU!! :rocker

But...What is cornbread? Is it just like normal bread but made with corn or um..something else?

strange_day

Happy today (well tonight really).....

Because i just saw Interpol  :-D

On an actual stage, playing actual songs.

Awesome.  8)

Sussex

Quote from: strange_day on November 29, 2007, 03:39:09
Happy today (well tonight really).....

Because i just saw Interpol  :-D

On an actual stage, playing actual songs.

Awesome.  8)

Good for You  :smth023

Im happy today because i just got back from outstation where i cant surf the net. N now Im ready to roll at this site again with all the curefans.  :rocker
"Thick As Shit"

melly

I KNEW it...i just knew it!! That dreadful BINGO thing that was on tv here (We had to have it on, my Mum was staying with us!!) was RIGGED!!! Oh the joy!! It has been exposed as a sham, with very little chance of people at home winning. It has been scrapped, thrown out, never to return!! Ohh..that makes me happy alright..

And thanks to those who mentioned my little dogs' bum, your concern was very touching..of course, I am now obsessed with looking at the "thing" on his bot, he sees me coming and sits down..I pat his head and slowly make my way to his rear end, and he twirls around quickly and sits, staring at me.. hehe smart dog... Oh well, takes my mind off the...birdbath.... :lol:
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

robiola

Quote from: Hero on November 28, 2007, 21:38:37
But...What is cornbread? Is it just like normal bread but made with corn or um..something else?
Kind of...It's a southern thing, kind of like soft crumbly bread made with corn flour, but richer then regular bread. I don't know, Thanksgiving last week put me in sort of an American food mood.
Happy today because (this is gonna sound weird) my son and I didn't feel too well last night so today we skipped work/school. Now we feel ok and we're spending the day together at home, with a lot of snuggling and cuddling on the couch surrounded by our cats. :smth057

ROGUE

Quote from: robiola on November 29, 2007, 12:12:48
Happy today because (this is gonna sound weird) my son and I didn't feel too well last night so today we skipped work/school. Now we feel ok and we're spending the day together at home, with a lot of snuggling and cuddling on the couch surrounded by our cats. :smth057

That sounds cute  :D   Is cold there at the moment ?

Iam happy because my friend the possum has found another little possum friend, who has been watching us outside for weeks. Now it has enough courage it comes very close, most curious of me, but is too skinny looking,

So i been feeding it, I know i shouldnt, but only once a week!!, And no more.  But its not as if iam going away or anything.

We have had birds that wonder around starving after someone feeds them, and suddenly stops and i then get stuck weening them off., If you are aware of this, and make sure they still do normal things it is not so bad.
I wont be patting her though. Never know if she might trust someone,  when she shouldnt.  (i know got the blabla's)

Anyway made me happy she can teach my sweet possum friend things i can't.  :smth050 :smth051

Hero

Quote from: ROGUE on November 29, 2007, 15:32:11

Anyway made me happy she can teach my sweet possum friend things i can't.  :smth050 :smth051

Awwww ROGUE that is soooooooo cute, little possum friends!

Im happy today because Thursdays are usually really crappy and boring so i decided they would be the perfect day to dress up for school. So today i wore a multicoloured tutu, silver leggings, fairywings and a pink leopard print cowboy hat! I love freaking people out. My best friends wore similar things and the teachers got really scared  :shock:
They think we have gone mad....sadly that happened long long ago  :D

ROGUE

Thats cool, bet the teachers thought, "ohh my god, its a mutiny !! ahh what do we do? they could kill us  :lol: dont want them thinking too much  :?"
"unless we tell them to, of course  :roll: ahh the color ahhhh STOP !  :shock:"  lol

Attack of the killer fairy, tutu girls  :twisted:  :-D :smth043

p.s. thanks Hero, yes it is so cute watching them sus each other out.

edit~ good to hear Steve  :smth023

Steve

HT because I have finally got rid of the spyware (hoooooooorah!)
PC is running like a dream now. :-D
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

robiola

Quote from: ROGUE on November 29, 2007, 15:32:11
we're spending the day together at home, with a lot of snuggling and cuddling on the couch surrounded by our cats. :smth057

That sounds cute  :D   Is cold there at the moment ?
[/quote]

Yes, it's cold and foggy today, that's the beauty of it. Snuggling-on-couch-with-kid-and-cats was expressly invented for days like this.

Wish I could see your little possum buddies, they must be adorable.

Edit: I don't know why I can't get the quotes to work right.

psichonaut

Quote from: Steve on November 29, 2007, 17:02:40
HT because I have finally got rid of the spyware (hoooooooorah!)
PC is running like a dream now. :-D
nice to hear that, Steve :smth023
I wait you on MSN these days ;)
Thanks my Lord....i'm unbeliever

ROGUE

Happy i found this awsum sweet video, very similar to my little friend,     :smth050
and is very cute. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc1joMX5wGI  -watching it reminded me and the guy sounded
really caring, So made me happy.

robiola

Quote from: ROGUE on November 30, 2007, 19:31:46
Happy i found this awsum sweet video, very similar to my little friend,     :smth050
and is very cute. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc1joMX5wGI  -watching it reminded me and the guy sounded
really caring, So made me happy.

I'm overwhelmed by cuteness!  I want a possuuuuuuuuuuum!!!! :smth026

Though I'm not sure how my cats would react. :o

melly

Have just finished stringing xmas lights along the roof line of our home. My darling man, up that tall ladder, patiently placing them "just right"...NO..over to the right a bit..down a little more...to the left to the left...that's it!!.. hanging them from the gutters, all the way to the opposite end of the house. Then, on a young eucalyptus tree which was sickly and laying on the ground when we moved in, we have placed more lights to sparkle and dance through its now strong branches. I step back, smiling, as we test them, make sure they work, and can see a faint twinkle in the daylight. We have no small children, they are men and women in their own right now, but I know the little kids around will see these lights and they will love them! We have them on a "timer", to come on at sunset.. We didn't do this last xmas, just moved in, way too exhausted and stressed to even care...but..this xmas, if I can make one little child stop and look in wonder at our small, yet pretty display, then I will be happy. And that makes me feel good....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...