Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

melly

Nooo sues777... you're not babbling..that's fantastic, what a wonderful night you must have had!! And what a lovely, kind and generous elderly lady... makes me happy that you had such a special time, and also the gesture from the lady is just simply heartwarming...    :smth054
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

sues777

Thanks Melly!!   Yes, it was a great night.  :D 
There are some truly special people around - a lot of them hang out here! :D
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

robiola

Happy today because last night we went to a party (we usually stay home on New Year's Eve, but this was a kids-included party so we went) and had a surprisingly good time! We watched fireworks from the rooftop and it was lovely, fireworks all around everywhere you looked so that you hardly knew which way to turn, my son loved it and so we started the new year happy together laughing ourselves silly.
So now I'm off to work with a hangover, but it was worth it!

Hero

Happy today beacuse i had a really good New Years Eve! Its really great being 18, i got to go to a fancy dress party at this transvestite club. It was a blur of feathers with  a drag show every hour it was a lot of fun. Then at midnight we watched the fireworks in manchester.
I hope everyone else had a great night :-D
Sues777 - That sounds amazing, new year at Sydney Harbour, i bet it was magical!
Robiola - glad you had a good time too!

melly

Happy today because we have a reprieve from the soul destroying heatwave..it's only lasting 2 days, then we are back to 40c (around 105 f)..but today, I opened all the windows, doors, letting the beautiful breeze cleanse the house.. we were able to spend time in the garden, the little birds flitting about, not sitting on the fence, their little beaks open, gasping.. I didn't have to refill the bird bath 5 times today ( as I do when it's really hot)... we were able to play with the dogs outside, enjoying the respite from the blistering heat..sitting out, with the sea breeze wafting through the back yard, cool, relaxing, not the hellish winds we have been having... so, so nice.....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Lady

Happy today because I've just known that I'm going to start a new job on monday!!! :rocker

New year, new life, uhuh!!! :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Steve

Quote from: Lady on January 04, 2008, 11:45:52
Happy today because I've just known that I'm going to start a new job on monday!!! :rocker

Great news Lady. Congratulations. :-D
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Lady

Quote from: Steve on January 04, 2008, 12:05:09
Quote from: Lady on January 04, 2008, 11:45:52

Great news Lady. Congratulations. :-D
Thank you!!!
Can't wait for monday!!! :D

Now I could surf curefans.com from my office, too, eheheh!!!!! ;)

Just one problem: I really hope to obtain holidays for the concerts in february-march!  :?
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]

scatcat

Good Luck Lady!!   :smth023

as for the concerts and taking time off, maybe some tropical virus??  or  some serious personal time-off??
( we all know how imporatant it is to attend The Cure's concerts, for our general wellbeing !!)  :smth020

~edit~   (happy today because my teenage son has officially 'left the building' for a few days !!)  ssshhh..
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

robiola

Quote from: Lady on January 04, 2008, 15:57:12
Just one problem: I really hope to obtain holidays for the concerts in february-march!  :?
I'll write a telegram from Bologna saying I'm an old sick aunt in urgent need of assistance from my only living relative -- that would be you of course.

scatcat

Quote from: robiola on January 04, 2008, 16:48:22
Quote from: Lady on January 04, 2008, 15:57:12
I'll write a telegram from Bologna saying I'm an old sick aunt in urgent need of assistance from my only living relative -- that would be you of course.

hehehe... I thought of something like this... but I didn't want to attract bad karma!!
it would definatley work,...  :D
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Lady

Thanks to everybody...even for your precious advices!!! :smth023 :-D

Carnage Visor

An old friend who had ditched me in 7th grade without word is now writing to me on Facebook, and apologizing for everything. Perhaps we can hang out soon.

Who knows?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

scatcat

welcome back from hollies CV!! really happy to hear that ur New York adventure was just that!!  :smth023

mmmwwwhhaaa  ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Carnage Visor

Quote from: scatcat on January 04, 2008, 20:28:43
welcome back from hollies CV!! really happy to hear that ur New York adventure was just that!!  :smth023

mmmwwwhhaaa  ;)

Thanks! Thanks for thinking about me!!!

I'm also quite happy because I found a little shop and bought some strange movies and a "BREAKFAST CLUB" poster...

How was yalls' holiday season/new year???  :)