Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

disintegration

Quote from: Lady on January 04, 2008, 11:45:52
Happy today because I've just known that I'm going to start a new job on monday!!! :rocker

New year, new life, uhuh!!! :-D
I'm happy for you, my love!
For the concert no problem!  ;)
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

scatcat

Happy today... well... just that most days, the only time I smile or laugh, or even a little giggle.. sometimes bringing on the happy tears...   :D  ..is here on curefans..
OMG there are some funny people here!! Maybe not intentionally, but I am quite isolated, and it helps me see the lighter side of life and appreciate the ultimate bond the human race has...
to live every day, and enjoy!!  :rocker
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

Called someone "daft" & made them laugh.
You know who you are you loony. ;)
x
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

melly

Happy today....we ( my fella and I ) worked like dogs yesterday, laying new carpet in our lounge room...saved $100 a METRE in doing it ourselves...so, take down the ornaments, candles which sit on the huge TV cabinet, which also had to be moved...the lounge suite, chairs (big too!) coffee table etc.etc... clean all the skirting boards, wash the floor ( just vinyl was down)...he cut it, nailed it, put the trim on...took most of the day to get things back to normal...me, being limited in the old strength department, pushed myself to the limit...he with the sore back and knees after doing such a fabulous job...we fell into bed last night, exhausted...but happy...and to walk out here this morning, and see the beautiful, new carpet, made possible by some-ones generosity, made me smile from ear to ear...no biggy, I know, but now, after a year, we aren't walking on horrid old vinyl... my home is taking shape...a very nice feeling...   :-D
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Hero

Happy Today because Exams are over YEY! I am so relieved, i havent slept for weeks trying to revise because my teacher got sacked because he didnt know what he was teaching. I never realised that i cared about grades so much. Results arent till march but at least i can do more fun things again like sleep and go out.  :-D
I think a party (cure music ofcourse) is in order to celebrate... now just to find somewhere to have one...

scatcat

Happy today 'cos I was snooping in my son's room, just to look for a bookmark.. he has a whole collection somewhere... and I opened up his 'armoir' ( where he keeps all his very special things that I not allowed to touch!!) .... to find a photo of me, ( thanks here Steve  ;)) his "loony" old mum. It is a photo I haven't seen in years, one where I am happy & smiling, before I became unwell. What a precious boy.

:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

melly

one day last week, a neighbours' 13 and a half year old daughter came to the door, and in between " oh, this is sooo embarassing" asked if I had a spare onion! Her Mum was cooking tea, cut an onion open, and it was rotten inside...  I told her to come inside, but " I don't want to interupt you" was the reply...I rummaged around in my pantry, and found the required vegetable, one left... with "thanks, this is sooo embarassing", I told her to tell her Mum not to bother replacing it, as we have a vegie garden...well, a couple of days passed, and the young girl was at our door, and I could see she had 2 onions in a bag...I opened the door, saying "Nooo, you don't need to replace it!!"...but she thrust the bag, and a card, into my hands and skipped off...Now, this single Mum and her girl are lovely people, Mum works,so we only really see her if she's doing a bit of gardening on the weekends, usually as we are taking our two little dogs for a walk, and we always stop and have a chat.... Now, this hand made card, obviously done by the daughter had " Thanks a lot", and a ribbon on the front..inside, it reads.." To our lovely neighbours, thanks for all your help, Love,...then their names.." We have always offered any help to this little family, ( as with any of our neighbours) if they ever need a hand with anything...and have, on a couple of occasions, been able to realise our promise.... but, to be given this lovely hand made card, over a "lend" of an onion, made me feel really good, and I broke into a smile...such simple things, put together with thought and kindness, can make such a difference... and it made me happy...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Lady

Quote from: Hero on January 10, 2008, 12:03:07
Happy Today because Exams are over YEY! I am so relieved, i havent slept for weeks trying to revise because my teacher got sacked because he didnt know what he was teaching. I never realised that i cared about grades so much. Results arent till march but at least i can do more fun things again like sleep and go out.  :-D
I think a party (cure music ofcourse) is in order to celebrate... now just to find somewhere to have one...
:D :smth023 :rocker
I think "Doing the unstuck" is the perfect cure-song for this occasion!! :-D
I always listen to it when something good happens in my life!!!! :lol:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

robiola

Ah, so you see melly...you neighbor-karma balances out in the end.

melly

Quote from: robiola on January 20, 2008, 19:50:06

yes, it does..... everyone around here is really nice, always happy to have a chat, and we all help each other out, one way or another..there is just one person who takes and never gives back, but hey, that's life..... makes me happy to have such good human beings around us....

scatcat

Quote from: robiola on January 20, 2008, 19:50:06

buddhists believe that the closer you are to 'enlightenment", the quicker the returning 'Karma'  :smth023

Quote from: melly on January 21, 2008, 08:48:51

..there is just one person who takes and never gives back, but hey, that's life.....

does this refer to real-life , or this forum? curious  :?

HT: because I finally got some sleep!! ( insommnia is a curse)  :smth011
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

melly

NoOOooo not here!!! In real life...everyone here that I have encountered is just lovely.... a neighbour ( you know WHO) doesn't know how to "give back", just take, take, take...I find that very sad, for her, but, that's her choice....

Happy today cos the tennis is on, and Rafael Nadal is playing right this minute... makes an old gals heart skip a beat........ :smth047

Carnage Visor

Ugh! The KARMA talk again!!!  :lol:

I'll stop there... :eek:

scatcat

well, happy today ... or rather a bit freaked out in a good way... my server was down for 5 hours Monday nite, and I had to reset all settings etc... anyway, since then, I can now see that the emoticons that I've been using... actually MOVE!!
Also, I can see animations in iwannshagsimon's signature  :smth023
also Cure Freak and C.V.. just to mention a few.. oh and JB's  unbelievable!! :smth045  I feel like I'm trippin'!!  ;)

I think, upon realising that the emoticons actually move, I may have been unaware of what I have posted!! So sorry to anyone who may have got the wrong impression from my little rolly faces or expressions!!  :smth039
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Lady

Happy today because after a long wait I received my curefans t-shirt!!!!! :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]