Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

Quote from: melly on July 25, 2008, 11:54:43
Happy... my son, whom I sadly waved "good bye" to nearly 2 months ago at the airport, has received 2 "distinctions" already at Police College. Full time uni, masses of study, 5am starts. He just had an exam which was 50% of this terms pass marks...and he received a "distinction", ( exceptional, if people don't understand that mark).. he also did a huge assignment on law, and received the other "distinction".
Good looks AND brains... what can I say?! hahaha..that's my boy....

:D wow melly !   you should be very  proud! 

it is a credit to you for bringing up such a fine young man.. and very smart too!  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

melly

Thanx scatcat... he's the one to get the kudos, I just helped him along the way until he realised his dream... you have to be disciplined,enthusiastic and totally committed to become a copper, and he's all those things...his choice, our love...you know, I feel like a little piece of me is missing...can't wait to see him, later this year...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

melly

okay okay, I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to have another "brag"... my boy messaged me today, he received a " high distinction" in a law exam... not much to be happy about lately, we're in the grips of foul winter, been really sick, had an operation, fed up with the cold weather, the ol' arthritis is crippling... then to receive those messages from the person whom I love beyond words can say, well, makes the sun shine and gladdens my heart... so proud and so happy he's found his niche in life.. he is where he is meant to be...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

wish-man

Happy today because it's me on FAME cover  :-D

Fake magazine covers with your picture on them!  :smth023
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

robiola

Quote from: melly on July 29, 2008, 11:23:08
okay okay, I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to have another "brag"... my boy messaged me today, he received a " high distinction" in a law exam... not much to be happy about lately, we're in the grips of foul winter, been really sick, had an operation, fed up with the cold weather, the ol' arthritis is crippling... then to receive those messages from the person whom I love beyond words can say, well, makes the sun shine and gladdens my heart... so proud and so happy he's found his niche in life.. he is where he is meant to be...
You go ahead and brag all you want to -- I'm very happy your son is making the sun shine in your life, I didn't know you'd been sick and had an operation! Nothing serious I hope. Winter sounds so good to me now, though, it's so *£k%&ing hot here!!!!

melly

Quote from: robiola on July 31, 2008, 18:25:41
You go ahead and brag all you want to -- I'm very happy your son is making the sun shine in your life, I didn't know you'd been sick and had an operation! Nothing serious I hope. Winter sounds so good to me now, though, it's so *£k%&ing hot here!!!!

No, Robiola, nothing serious... HEY!! send some of that sunshine my way!! I am a warm blooded creature, winter is vile I tell you, vile!!  wanna do a swap??!!
( if it's over 35 degrees celcius, you can keep it though...that's around 90 farenheit) Only 3 weeks to go and it's SPRING!! yes!! and that makes me happy....

robiola

Quote from: melly on August 03, 2008, 11:15:16
Winter sounds so good to me now, though, it's so *£k%&ing hot here!!!!

HEY!! send some of that sunshine my way!! I am a warm blooded creature, winter is vile I tell you, vile!!  wanna do a swap??!!
( if it's over 35 degrees celcius, you can keep it though...that's around 90 farenheit)
[/quote]
Well, today here we had 37 degrees, and it's incredibly humid too...sure you don't want some?
I'm happy today because I rediscovered a Cure song I'd never given much thought to, and it has recently become one of my feel-good songs...High! It just puts a smile on my face.

Ok, I screwed up the quotes, but you know how it went.

Poe

Quote from: robiola on August 04, 2008, 19:04:55
I'm happy today because I rediscovered a Cure song I'd never given much thought to, and it has recently become one of my feel-good songs...High! It just puts a smile on my face.

Ha, I love it when that happens! Good for you. ;) I recently realized that I've been, well, ignoring Doubt for quite a while. Just started listening to it again, quite like it. Release the British fury!  :x

Anyhow, I'm glad cause I just got sent two Cure bootlegs to bite into; one from Toronto, and one from Madison Square Garden, New York. Both from 2008. Yum. Monday evening is saved.
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

melly

yeah, I'm back again... it is one year today (6th.August 2007) that we were, as I type this, meeting up with friends and distant family members at a pub just a short stroll from the Adelaide Entertainment Centre. After a few champagnes, we lined up to enter the building where a band I had never seen live before were going to be performing in an hour or so. The excitement and anticipation in that arena was palpable, as we got to our seats, I felt like a kid let loose in a sweet shop. Chatting to each other as we waited, suddenly, there was a roar from the crowd, the lights dimmed then went blue, and there they were. And so began a journey I will never forget.Didn't take long to have us on our feet, moving with the music, screaming and clapping like we were teenagers again. What an amazing night. We left, ears ringing, spirits lifted and our souls reverberating with the ever changing sounds the band delighted us with for three hours. A night I will, personally, never forget, and this memory makes me very happy...

scatcat

Quote from: melly on August 06, 2008, 10:58:52
yeah, I'm back again... it is one year today (6th.August 2007) that we were, as I type this, meeting up with friends and distant family members at a pub just a short stroll from the Adelaide Entertainment Centre. After a few champagnes, we lined up to enter the building where a band I had never seen live before were going to be performing in an hour or so. The excitement and anticipation in that arena was palpable, as we got to our seats, I felt like a kid let loose in a sweet shop. Chatting to each other as we waited, suddenly, there was a roar from the crowd, the lights dimmed then went blue, and there they were. And so began a journey I will never forget.Didn't take long to have us on our feet, moving with the music, screaming and clapping like we were teenagers again. What an amazing night. We left, ears ringing, spirits lifted and our souls reverberating with the ever changing sounds the band delighted us with for three hours. A night I will, personally, never forget, and this memory makes me very happy...

hehe.. you sweet groupie ...  :smth020

what i would give to keep up with u my friend!!    :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

melly

Quote from: scatcat on August 08, 2008, 18:06:52
hehe.. you sweet groupie ...  :smth020

what i would give to keep up with u my friend!!    :smth023

*laughing* groupie, yep,that's me!!
The concert was only the beginning... what a night... fell into bed at 4.30am the next morning... thanx Robert..hehe....
as for keeping up with me...well, a good supply of painkillers kept this old gal going, wasn't going to miss THAT night for the world... the more I think about it, the more I smile... good memories and happy thoughts..

sues777

Happy today because I took the first step to change a situation that's been making me unhappy for some time...Nothing may come of it, but at least I took that step....
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

billee

The first step is the hardest one to take. Whatever happens sues at least you've taken it :D
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

sues777

Thanks billee!!  As is turns out...it's not gone entirely to plan..but hey, I did it... :smth001
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

billee

The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control