Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Trust...

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on July 02, 2009, 11:36:14
i have a new window :D i live directly under the roof and i have two small windows but it was always kind of dark and felt more like a cave than anything. now they just put a giant hole in the roof and now i have LIGHT :-D

Not only light  :D clouds, stars , the moon, birds, ... My bed is standing directly under a roof window (velux) and it's so great, every night I go to sleep I have the feeling "Underneath the Stars" It's such a different way to look outside  :D

Enjoy your new window  ;)
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: Trust... on July 02, 2009, 11:40:39
Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on July 02, 2009, 11:36:14
i have a new window :D i live directly under the roof and i have two small windows but it was always kind of dark and felt more like a cave than anything. now they just put a giant hole in the roof and now i have LIGHT :-D

Not only light  :D clouths, stars , the moon, birds, ... My bed is standing directly under a roof window (velux) and it's so great, every night I go to sleep I have the feeling "Underneath the Stars" It's such a different way to look outside  :D

Enjoy your new window  ;)

thanks :) it's really beautiful. i can see the sky with the sun and clouds and of course the forest next to our house. when you come into my room it looks like a big amazing picture! a whole new feeling
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

fiction

Because it has rained now for three days and the surroundings are as green as a rainforest. I´m inside listening to good music (Guadalcanal Diary for the moment) and reading as many books as I can. Just finished "Mamma, pappa, barn" of Carin Gerhardsen and now I´m on "Ruling Passion", a classic by Reginad Hill. And then there´s always Cormac McCarthy and his Border Trilogy. Love that Rain! :smth023
again and again and again and again and again and...

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on July 09, 2009, 19:09:42
Because it has rained now for three days and the surroundings are as green as a rainforest. I´m inside listening to good music (Guadalcanal Diary for the moment) and reading as many books as I can. Just finished "Mamma, pappa, barn" of Carin Gerhardsen and now I´m on "Ruling Passion", a classic by Reginad Hill. And then there´s always Cormac McCarthy and his Border Trilogy. Love that Rain! :smth023

ah sounds nice.  :D
i'm still so exhausted about last week that i can't even think about reading a book (i'd fall asleep within minutes, even if it was a good book :-P).
i can somehow manage re-watching comedies:
http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,3678.msg65090.html#msg65090

:P

stormy day here. no constant rain but some showers and strong winds. almost like september - scary... to find oneself suddenly thinking about autumn already.
:|
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 09, 2009, 21:32:05

stormy day here. no constant rain but some showers and strong winds. almost like september - scary... to find oneself suddenly thinking about autumn already.
:|

i actually can't wait till christmas ;) i can't stand summer... too warm, too noisy, too many people and you always have to DO something. i like bad weather as an excuse for just staying at home and doing exactly what fiction is doing :)
Makes me wish i was you

fiction

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on July 09, 2009, 21:42:09
i like bad weather as an excuse for just staying at home and doing exactly what fiction is doing :)

Welcome to the club then RAINprayer. You didn´t take that nic for no reason then. :lol:

I also almost bought another camera and a new lens today aswell. Gonna sleep on it but I think that tomorrow I´ll score. It´s a good buy.

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on July 09, 2009, 22:10:28
I also almost bought another camera and a new lens today aswell. Gonna sleep on it but I think that tomorrow I´ll score. It´s a good buy.

what did you get? knowing it's you, it must be something nice.
i've been thinking about getting a new one too. then again i'd want just something small that fits in one's pocket, so i'd be nowhere in the same league with you. ;) but i really hate my old olympus by now. especially since it's crap in low-light conditions which makes me grind my teeth because i'd like taking concert pics. and newer pocket cameras have some nice features, like possibility to choose exposure settings maually. i hate the old ones where just about everything is automatic. 
but i'm afraid i don't have any extra money right now to buy anything. :/

fiction

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 10, 2009, 09:16:13
what did you get? knowing it's you, it must be something nice.

A Canon 40D for just 700 Euro. The price might get even lower now when the 50D is going to replace the 40D. Basicly it´s the same camera, just added 4,0 megapixels and from what I heard the sensors are said to be even better on the 50D. But still, the 40D is a GOOD camera. The lens...Well I decided to wait on that.

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 10, 2009, 09:16:13
i've been thinking about getting a new one too. then again i'd want just something small that fits in one's pocket, so i'd be nowhere in the same league with you. ;) but i really hate my old olympus by now. especially since it's crap in low-light conditions which makes me grind my teeth because i'd like taking concert pics. and newer pocket cameras have some nice features, like possibility to choose exposure settings maually. i hate the old ones where just about everything is automatic. 
but i'm afraid i don't have any extra money right now to buy anything. :/

Yeah, money is always King. But there are lots of good small cameras out there. I got one myself, an oldie, a Canon PowerShot A 450. It still takes good pictures but I know that there are compact cameras out that are way better than that, and to a stiffer cost unfortunately.

This is good. In this little cornaer of Curefans I can still keep sending posts and yet keep Donald´s number.

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on July 10, 2009, 11:52:21
Yeah, money is always King. But there are lots of good small cameras out there. I got one myself, an oldie, a Canon PowerShot A 450. It still takes good pictures but I know that there are compact cameraw way better than that, and to a stiffer cost unfortunately.

actually i've been considering some canon powershot models. the problem is i'd like to have something that has at least 10x optical zoom, would include 28 mm wide angle, possibility to manually choosing the exposure, possibility to film video clips in HD - and preferably would use AA batteries (and not an akku). so, perhaps i'm just wanting too much. ;)
maybe this isn't so bad, although doesn't have everything i'd wish:
http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_Camera/PowerShot/PowerShot_SX200_IS/index.asp

Quote from: fiction on July 10, 2009, 11:52:21This is good. In this little cornaer of Curefans I can still keep sending posts and yet keep Donald´s number.

:smth081

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: fiction on July 10, 2009, 11:52:21
This is good. In this little cornaer of Curefans I can still keep sending posts and yet keep Donald´s number.

do i NEED to get what you are talking about ?? ???

;)
Makes me wish i was you

fiction

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 10, 2009, 12:00:14
actually i've been considering some canon powershot models. the problem is i'd like to have something that has at least 10x optical zoom, would include 28 mm wide angle, possibility to manually choosing the exposure, possibility to film video clips in HD - and preferably would use AA batteries (and not an akku). so, perhaps i'm just wanting too much. ;)
http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_Camera/PowerShot/PowerShot_SX200_IS/index.asp

I think that this could be what You´re looking for. Even if the zoom is just half of Your request.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=144&modelid=17624

Since You understand Swedish I´ll give U this one to:
http://www.canon.se/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_Camera/PowerShot/PowerShot_G10/index.asp

This is an absolutely Darling. When and if I get another compact one, this´ll be my choice.

See? Still 313!

fiction

Well this li´l red hot and sexy car made my day. I just wonder how the market is for this merchandise on a parking lot out in the suburbs. And, might I add, what are the prices on those these days?

dsanchez

Quote from: fiction on July 15, 2009, 18:12:12
Well this li´l red hot and sexy car made my day. I just wonder how the market is for this merchandise on a parking lot out in the suburbs. And, might I add, what are the prices on those these days?

what are they selling there? dont know swedish :-D
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on July 10, 2009, 18:50:45
Quote from: japanesebaby on July 10, 2009, 12:00:14

I think that this could be what You´re looking for. Even if the zoom is just half of Your request.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=144&modelid=17624

Since You understand Swedish I´ll give U this one to:
http://www.canon.se/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_Camera/PowerShot/PowerShot_G10/index.asp

This is an absolutely Darling. When and if I get another compact one, this´ll be my choice.

See? Still 313!

thanks for the links fiction. i bet that canon g10 is a good choice for a camera. it lacks a higher quality video option though, which i'd really like to have (even many smaller pocket cameras have even HD video quality these days - some with mono sound though which i find really dumb! so one needs to make sure one doesn't get fooled with the "HD video" alone. it's not always quite as blissful as it might sound like. for instance the canon sx200 that i mentioned above has just mono sound - but well i knew there had to be some catches there, for that price.)

anyway, i'm afraid that i do need to settle with something a little bit cheaper though. i've been spending a bit too much on running around europe this summer. :-P
i know i won't get anything quite as great with less money but i just have to live with that i guess.
btw i wonder how those newer panasonic lumix tz models are like? i guess there might be some catch there too, to be found...
anyway this is on the brink of turning into a camera thread soon... (but btw maybe we should have a separate thread for cameras/photography? there seems to be a few people around who take pics every now and then.)

anyway, on topic:
happy today because it's (still) summer and i don't have to do anything at all.  :)

ps: that car is funny lol  :-D
@david: it's about household services.

fiction

Quote from: dsanchez on July 19, 2009, 19:54:44
what are they selling there? dont know swedish :-D

I was merely thinking of the name "Dicks" which in english is the name (in plural) of, well You know, the thing with what a guy pisses with.

But it is as jb says, a firm that deals with household services such as installing fridges and washing machines and the firm´s name is Dicks (Dick is a rather common name in Sweden).