You Know you are a Cure fan when... ?

Started by Untitled, September 04, 2007, 07:27:54

Previous topic - Next topic

mothtoaflame

Quote from: strange_day on September 08, 2007, 01:13:34
Ive never really got that Curefans Vs. Smithsfans thing, just because Robert and Morrissey didnt like each others output in the 80s it hardly means i should follow suit, simply as my 'duty as a loyal fan'.... Hey, if you like what you hear, thats all that matters in the end right?  :smth020

I completely agree! I'm a huge Curefan, but I also love The Smiths. I was talking to my friend -- who's almost as obsessive about The Cure as I am -- about The Smiths, and she went on this crazy rant about how I shouldn't listen to The Smiths! And another of my friends, he's a big Smithfan, and he despises The Cure, just because of the feud between Morrissey and Robert Smith. Do we really have such a need to be like them that we dismiss whole bands? Especially bands as good as The Smiths or The Cure!
dull, dull, dull epigrams!

lostflower4

When you hear "Sweet Talkin' Guy" by The Chiffons on the radio and all you can think about is the end of a certain Cure concert, and the memories of the countless times you've seen it.  :eek:

mothtoaflame

Quote from: lostflower4 on October 04, 2009, 15:17:08
When you hear "Sweet Talkin' Guy" by The Chiffons on the radio and all you can think about is the end of a certain Cure concert, and the memories of the countless times you've seen it.  :eek:

Hehe. I was just listening to that concert. I like the faster, more upbeat version of Let's Go To Bed from In Orange. :D
dull, dull, dull epigrams!

clhoney

when you never get past the cure songs on your ipod playlist
when you listen to the cure every day
when you are playing cure songs on your guitar
when you think you should have a shirt that reads "I like my men in eyeliner"
when you have a picture on your bedroom wall to look at last thing at night
when you took your daughter to her formal as a chauffer looking like Robert Smith
yeah I am  a bit weird

skellington

You know when your a Curefan when you wear your "Boys Dont Cry" t-shirt almost everyday of the week, especially on Friday :-D
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

Lady

You would like to be australian!!!!! :-D :lol:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Sussex

Quote from: Lady on May 05, 2011, 12:05:52

Haha..This is so true! Hello Lady.

I know I am a Cure fan when I sacrificed all the money to buy a new car just to attend the gig in Australia..without doubt! :smth023
"Thick As Shit"

dsanchez

Quote from: Sussex on May 11, 2011, 07:21:58
I know I am a Cure fan when I sacrificed all the money to buy a new car just to attend the gig in Australia..without doubt!

:shock: :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

I know I'm a Curefan when I get tickets and book flights.. when I don't the money saved yet!
All too quickly! Thank God for mastercard.. I'll be paying it off with a smile  :-D
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Lady

Quote from: Sussex on May 11, 2011, 07:21:58
Quote from: Lady on May 05, 2011, 12:05:52

Haha..This is so true! Hello Lady.

I know I am a Cure fan when I sacrificed all the money to buy a new car just to attend the gig in Australia..without doubt! :smth023
:smth023
Hi Sussex...a big kiss!!! :)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

agirlcalledhome

1. When your friends (except for the Curefans) get sick of you and your Robert talk.
2. When Curefans online become more important than real friends.
3. When you have multiple Cure playlists for different moods.
4. When your boyfriend becomes jealous of Robert Smith.

scatcat

Quote from: agirlcalledhome on June 08, 2011, 12:42:25
1. When your friends (except for the Curefans) get sick of you and your Robert talk.
2. When Curefans online become more important than real friends.
3. When you have multiple Cure playlists for different moods.
4. When your boyfriend becomes jealous of Robert Smith.

Tick
Tick
Tick
Tick
!!
U just belong here hey??  :smth045
welcome! 
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

billee

you just can't imagine not being one
:D
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

scatcat

Quote from: billee on July 11, 2011, 11:37:26
you just can't imagine not being one
:D

Impossible .. dream..  :smth023

I exist = The Cure= Mastercard commercial= PRICELESS!!  ;)

.. U know u r a Curefan .. when some friends give u that 'glazed' look.. when talking about 'The Cure', about Sydney.. About HOW much IT meant for ME to Be There.. and to thank the Gods .. that I was able ( 'with a little help from my friends.'. to quote The Beatles.. [Luv U Guys!]) To make things possible.. for me to see The Cure... meet wonderful people who have the same Passion..  AND I WISH that they could understand.. It's NOT an obsession.. it's My Life .. Goddamn It! ( soz for the swearing.. where is the swear jar?)

:smth020
scatcat
xoxo
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

lemonlies

You listen to something different in the car for a while, but before long have to put a Cure CD back in the player.